It's started !

Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's started !

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Richard, have you got your registration back yet - if so how long did it take?
I'm waiting for mine - once got I'll hopefully get a job within a month, then visa a couple of months after that - I could be in Oz for Christmas!!! Oh, there I go dreaming again..............
Cas
Cas no such luck. NBSA have taken the money but have not assessed wifey yet. Once we get the assessment then she can apply for registration. The assessment forms were received by NBSA at end of July! Apparently NBSA is slower than QLD, hopefully for you, VIC are quicker.
Rich
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RAG62
Cas no such luck. NBSA have taken the money but have not assessed wifey yet. Once we get the assessment then she can apply for registration. The assessment forms were received by NBSA at end of July! Apparently NBSA is slower than QLD, hopefully for you, VIC are quicker.
Rich
Right, bit confused 'cause as I will be applying for 457 visa I have just applied for registration - money taken out 11th Aug - so maybe I am just being impatient.
Look back on this thread re: new legislation - registration taking anything from 3 to 12 weeks - maybe not long in the scheme of things for skilled ind, but ages for my 'quick' visa.
Cas
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RAG62
Well, it's just down the road isn't it? !!
Look Jez, just because CAS is female doesn't mean you switch states at the drop of a can of Fosters. I thought I was indecisive. Get a grip man.
Still the same country ...... (Hmmm .....)

Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
Still the same country ...... (Hmmm .....)

Good morning!
Well, hears something typical - my husband received his police check back from Scot Yard today - however they got his request on the 20/8 - they got mine on the 2/8 and I still haven't received anything - talk about arse about face! Maybe they have found out I am a mass murderer and are now doing an interpol/FBI check as well ! :scared:
Cas
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Good morning!
Well, hears something typical - my husband received his police check back from Scot Yard today - however they got his request on the 20/8 - they got mine on the 2/8 and I still haven't received anything - talk about arse about face! Maybe they have found out I am a mass murderer and are now doing an interpol/FBI check as well ! :scared:
Cas

It could be that the amount of petty crimes you've commited has meant that the PCC has had to be sent by Parcel Force!!!

U working today? (Don't want to make you late ! )
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:51 am
Account Closed

It could be that the amount of petty crimes you've commited has meant that the PCC has had to be sent by Parcel Force!!!

U working today? (Don't want to make you late ! )
Yes, I am working - overtime - they hadn't got any qualified nurses which means that I'll have a sh*t shift - not going in till 3pm though so I have got lots of time !
Cas
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Yes, I am working - overtime - they hadn't got any qualified nurses which means that I'll have a sh*t shift - not going in till 3pm though so I have got lots of time !
Cas
What about you? Does being in IT mean that you can legitimately sit in front of the PC and play on the forum all day - 'all play and no work makes Jez a poor man'
Cas
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

What about you? Does being in IT mean that you can legitimately sit in front of the PC and play on the forum all day - 'all play and no work makes Jez a poor man'
Cas
Being in IT means that I can 'work from home' at lot
IT is a very job that makes you thirsty ... so frequent coffee breaks are required ....

Contracting is great ... the pay is good (ok - none existent when there's no work ) but I can decide how much I do and when - I mean my wife decides how much and when
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Being in IT means that I can 'work from home' at lot
IT is a very job that makes you thirsty ... so frequent coffee breaks are required ....

Contracting is great ... the pay is good (ok - none existent when there's no work ) but I can decide how much I do and when - I mean my wife decides how much and when
Good for her, I suppose at this moment she is NOT standing behind you with a whip (I guess she is hard at work!)
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Good for her, I suppose at this moment she is NOT standing behind you with a whip

Only on my birthday!

Nope, Laura's not at work either! She's off visiting her dad ... it's his birthday. I'm working from home, and I have a meeting to go to this afternoon (hopefully work to see me up to Oct) so I couldn't go ...

So where in Melbourne?

... and why is your avatar not showing??
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Only on my birthday!

Nope, Laura's not at work either! She's off visiting her dad ... it's his birthday. I'm working from home, and I have a meeting to go to this afternoon (hopefully work to see me up to Oct) so I couldn't go ...

So where in Melbourne?

... and why is your avatar not showing??
Re where in Melbourne - not sure yet. I have just started a new thread with a list of hospitals the recruitment agency have sent me as possibilities.
Why, are you and Laura thinking of going to Melbourne now - you are fickle aren't you !
As for my Atavar - I cannot seem to work out how to get one.....please tell me how as well
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Have to ask Jez......if you are in IT, how come you spend so much time on the Nursing forum - is it because IT people don't wear uniforms or are you simply doing research for your wife ?!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Re where in Melbourne - not sure yet. I have just started a new thread with a list of hospitals the recruitment agency have sent me as possibilities.
Why, are you and Laura thinking of going to Melbourne now - you are fickle aren't you !
As for my Atavar - I cannot seem to work out how to get one.....please tell me how as well
Not fickle ... just have done a lot of research around the whole of Oz, and think that VIC gives us the best of what we want. We originally picked Brissy for the weather and that we had friends there ...(comfort blanket when 1st arriving) ... since then ... jobs for me especially are more abundant in VIC and the tought of skiing in winter is also nice!
Avatar ... you need to get hold of a picture (still image like RAG62 - lets hope you have more hair! ) or an animated GIF. It can only be 65 x 65 (pixels)

here's an example ... Save it to your computer, and then add it via your user control panel ...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Have to ask Jez......if you are in IT, how come you spend so much time on the Nursing forum - is it because IT people don't wear uniforms or are you simply doing research for your wife ?!!!!
Another slur .... I'm an anorak wearing uniform freak!? (A question not an admission! )

Well ... started off on Nursing forum as Laura is the main applicant on the visa, and I've just stuck here (like an irritating rash!) ... the people here are friendly ... or were ! LOL
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Another slur .... I'm an anorak wearing uniform freak!? (A question not an admission! )

Well ... started off on Nursing forum as Laura is the main applicant on the visa, and I've just stuck here (like an irritating rash!) ... the people here are friendly ... or were ! LOL
Sorry - I am friendly !
Where about in Melbourne are you heading and when? Has your wife got a job there yet ?
We could be neighbours and then I can slur you in person
Thanks for the attachment - I shall try to work it out, but am a bit thick when it comes to computers......
The picture that probably best describes me is probably a gypsy (no, not a thieving tinker) or so someone recently told me.....I don't THINK they meant a tinker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.