It's started !

Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's started !

Hi fellow nurses,
You may think I'm daft, but I don't care.The police have cashed my cheque for my Subject Access !!!! This means my journey to Oz has begun and that means I am excited - so just wanted to tell someone who understands.
Caroline
Old Aug 11th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's started !

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hi fellow nurses,
You may think I'm daft, but I don't care.The police have cashed my cheque for my Subject Access !!!! This means my journey to Oz has begun and that means I am excited - so just wanted to tell someone who understands.
Caroline
Hi caroline !
Welcome aboard the 'happy' ship heading to Oz !!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:42 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caroline,
Well done & good luck with it all.
I'm Jez's (ecando's) stalker - purely to protect the innocents here.
OMG I'm not allowed on this forum.....BYE!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Hi Caroline,
Well done & good luck with it all.
I'm Jez's (ecando's) stalker - purely to protect the innocents here.
OMG I'm not allowed on this forum.....BYE!
Caroline, if you never post again we will understand ... !
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
Caroline, if you never post again we will understand ... !
Now the NMC and the NBV have taken money out of my account - hope they are doing something for it !
Any idea how long my registration will take now the NBV have taken my money (or do you think they have just taken the money and run to the pub?)
More importantly - will I get a badge from the NVC - never got one here as institutions too tight !!
Going on an employer sponsored visa - yes,I know that there are restrictions but I will apply for PR asap - so as soon as I get my registration I will have my midnight phone interview - really looking forward to that!
Caroline the excited one
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Now the NMC and the NBV have taken money out of my account - hope they are doing something for it !
Any idea how long my registration will take now the NBV have taken my money (or do you think they have just taken the money and run to the pub?)
More importantly - will I get a badge from the NVC - never got one here as institutions too tight !!
Going on an employer sponsored visa - yes,I know that there are restrictions but I will apply for PR asap - so as soon as I get my registration I will have my midnight phone interview - really looking forward to that!
Caroline the excited one
Oh 'Caroline the exited one' .... it's 'Jez the hung over one' ....

The money ?? yep ... funding a good knees up !
Timescales for reg & badge?? Well ... it's different for each state ... Queensland only took three weeks from posting to receiving, but NBSA takes longer ...
If you've interviews lined up already, then you'll be over 'well quick' !
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Oh 'Caroline the exited one' .... it's 'Jez the hung over one' ....

The money ?? yep ... funding a good knees up !
Timescales for reg & badge?? Well ... it's different for each state ... Queensland only took three weeks from posting to receiving, but NBSA takes longer ...
If you've interviews lined up already, then you'll be over 'well quick' !
Hi reply people - and anyone else out there
Talked enough for now about myself - as long as I haven't murdered anyone and forgot then I'll post a message again soon.
How are you all getting on with your applications, and what sort of nursing do you do? I'm a RMN (there I go again - sorry). Just interested, not nosy - (ok, maybe I am!)
Caroline the excited one (God knows what I'll be like when my visa comes through)
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: It's started !

Hi reply people - and anyone else out there
Talked enough for now about myself - as long as I haven't murdered anyone and forgot then I'll post a message again soon.
How are you all getting on with your applications, and what sort of nursing do you do? I'm a RMN (there I go again - sorry). Just interested, not nosy - (ok, maybe I am!)
Caroline the excited one (God knows what I'll be like when my visa comes through)
Hi Caroline the excited one ! Sorry have taken so long to read your thread but I'm forever working nights ! Unlike the other unfortunates you've chatted to previously on this thread i.e. Jez , arnie etc (only joking guys !) ,I am a real nurse not just married to one............mmmmmm, hang on I'm that too !!!(RGN X2)
If you've read front loaded application for Oz on the nurses forum ,it'll pretty much tell you all about all of us still floating about here waiting for DIMIA news. Not much has been happening lately and now I think everybody has gone on Holiday so there's not much chat either !
Know how excited you must be feeling just now , it eventually turns into a continus nausea feeling .
We applied to NSW board and registration was just a formality as we had skills assessment done by ANC first. They were very quick and have sent lovely certificate and a P.I.N card but no badge - they were an extra $15 each.Queensland send you badges for nothing !
I wish you "all the best" with your application and in view of what appears to be happening at DIMIA just now , you're probably taking the right choice with state sponsered visa.
Keep posting , regards ,Tass.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: It's started ! Update

Hi fellow upside-down nurses,
Just thought I would send another post - this employer sponsorship thing is going so quick - phoned up yesterday for my medicals and got an appointment for next week ! thought it would take weeks to get one. Now I can front-load my Visa. How long do they take to come back?
Tass, having read other threads, I think I have been well-advised to go for ENS. Sorry you are all waiting....so much for nurses being fast-tracked on all visas eh?

Excited Cas
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Thought I would post an update - bet you thought that I was a mass murderer and had forgotten- well still not sure about that as police check not cme back yet though. Having said that the postman may well be the first to go - also waitng for my registration - got an email from my case person at the recruitment agency (remember I am going on a 457) whotold me that process is going slow+++ as there has been an influx of applicants from non-English speaking countries due to a change in legislation.
One bit of (very) good news is that I am pretty sure of a sale of my house - bloke came (2nd day that it was up for sale), loved it, no chain, wants furniture and appliances AND said I could rent it as he doesn't want to move until after Christmas - but want the sale to go ahead asap !!!!!!!!!! He said his decision would be based on what council tax I pay (he has just got his first teaching post) - didn't know at the time - but since found out I am band A (live in the back of beyond with few amenites). Hopefully he won't have changed his mind before tomorrow - damn the bank holiday - even if it is more pay for us nurses.
Bloody hell that was a long message - hope you haven't fallen into a stupor - unless it is a drunken one
Bye for now, Caroline
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:40 am
Just Joined

suemalpass is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would post an update - bet you thought that I was a mass murderer and had forgotten- well still not sure about that as police check not cme back yet though. Having said that the postman may well be the first to go - also waitng for my registration - got an email from my case person at the recruitment agency (remember I am going on a 457) whotold me that process is going slow+++ as there has been an influx of applicants from non-English speaking countries due to a change in legislation.
One bit of (very) good news is that I am pretty sure of a sale of my house - bloke came (2nd day that it was up for sale), loved it, no chain, wants furniture and appliances AND said I could rent it as he doesn't want to move until after Christmas - but want the sale to go ahead asap !!!!!!!!!! He said his decision would be based on what council tax I pay (he has just got his first teaching post) - didn't know at the time - but since found out I am band A (live in the back of beyond with few amenites). Hopefully he won't have changed his mind before tomorrow - damn the bank holiday - even if it is more pay for us nurses.
Bloody hell that was a long message - hope you haven't fallen into a stupor - unless it is a drunken one
Bye for now, Caroline
hey caroline...how lucky are you selling your house so quickly... we haven't had a single viewer yet!!!! not panicking tho@(not much). shaun and i have our hospital interviews on thursday morning...taking police checks in today.....still ploughing ahead...it's really exciting but kinda daunting too. i'm off all of this week but will ring you next week to get an update
sue
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bye for now, Caroline
Wait til you get the cheque from the solicitor! NOW THAT'S exciting, knowing that it's not going to be spent straight away!
We sold our house two months ago, and are in rented, which we've paid six months up front for ... so all the dosh in the bank is ours ... ours .... OURS!!!!!

Jez
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Wait til you get the cheque from the solicitor! NOW THAT'S exciting, knowing that it's not going to be spent straight away!
We sold our house two months ago, and are in rented, which we've paid six months up front for ... so all the dosh in the bank is ours ... ours .... OURS!!!!!

Jez
Well, thought that buyer was too good to be true......he decided against my house because his girlfriend doesn't drive and the village where I live is a bit too isolated. Damn buyers, I wish they would find out a bit about the location before they start with the good vibes business. I live in a Cheshire village, not up the Khyber Pass!
That together with the news re length of time for processing registration - just found out that instead of a possible 21 days it could take 12 weeks (those applying please take note!) - means I haven't had such a good week.
Oh well, think the booze should come out anyway when I get home from work - if I cannot celebrate then the best option is to drown the sorrows
Cas
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, thought that buyer was too good to be true......he decided against my house because his girlfriend doesn't drive and the village where I live is a bit too isolated. Damn buyers, I wish they would find out a bit about the location before they start with the good vibes business. I live in a Cheshire village, not up the Khyber Pass!
That together with the news re length of time for processing registration - just found out that instead of a possible 21 days it could take 12 weeks (those applying please take note!) - means I haven't had such a good week.
Oh well, think the booze should come out anyway when I get home from work - if I cannot celebrate then the best option is to drown the sorrows
Cas
Hi caroline .... I really sorry about the house, but it'll go ... just have a little faith ... What processing time are you referring too?? (Me thick man!)
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Hi caroline .... I really sorry about the house, but it'll go ... just have a little faith ... What processing time are you referring too?? (Me thick man!)
Hi Ecando, referring to applying for nurse registration from the Nurses Board of Victoria - with 457 visa you apply for reg, then get interviewed/job, (pack in job in uk at this point) then get sponsorship nomination number, then get for visa (quote of 4 weeks to get it), then get on plane (hopefully for me that will be Feb time)
Cas

Last edited by carolinegorka; Sep 3rd 2004 at 11:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.