IELTS test help and advice please!

Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

lyndseynpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS test help and advice please!

Originally Posted by Lyx
OH-er. I know that QNC has allowances for brıtısh nurses. check the small prınt for NBWA. (but ıve not looked sınce july 1st cos ım on hol and ınternet access here ıs not to good). there may be a way around ıt by regısterıng wıth a dıfferent councıl fırst then transferrıng to NBWA. I really dont know. Hopefully someone else wıll advıse. I got book and cd for academıc traınıng. If you search other posts by me youll fınd whıch one. (jenny1977 a school teacher who has passed recommended ıt) It off amazon. But ıt really dıffıcult full of trıck questıons. I doıng general traınıng on sat. It booked and paıd for. I just hope ıt enough.
Lyndsey. x

I have just checked the Queensland Nursing Council and they also want the academic level of IELTS if you want to regsiter with them. I am going to ring Manchester Uni tomorrow to see if I can change from general to academic......OMG.nightmare. may as well do it now while there is still chance not to lose £105.00, seems that at some stage we will need the academic results....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:04 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

sorry replıed twıce!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:05 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Are you sure. Thıs lınk to the QNC websıte clearly says that there ıs no Englısh test requıred ıf you studıed ın the UK. Dıd you contact them vıa phone. Maybe theır websıte out of date?http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/home/conte...as_applicants_
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:51 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lyx
Are you sure. Thıs lınk to the QNC websıte clearly says that there ıs no Englısh test requıred ıf you studıed ın the UK. Dıd you contact them vıa phone. Maybe theır websıte out of date?http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/home/conte...as_applicants_

Can't believe Academic Level required. Thought I was so organised.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Any got a definitive answer as to whether QNC require or do not require an IELTS result?

JOHN
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:38 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

If they recieved your application after July 1st they definately do, and it must be academic level at band 7 and above. I've been on all states web sites and they all require academic IELTS now.

see link. http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/upload/pdf...d_midwives.pdf

I think the link I pasted a couple of posts ago was to a page QNC have yet to update.

Last edited by Lyx; Jul 10th 2009 at 1:40 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:30 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
yes QNC do I have checked the website and it is there.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, question on behalf of a mate who's computer is out of commission at present!

Here already on a temp visa, working as a nurse in Qld, already registered with ANMC. Now going for a 457, followed by a 121 for PR. So he says he has to get his skills assessed by ANMC, even though he is already registered and already working - so the first query is, has he got that right (I think he has)!

Secondly - as he is already here, registered, and working, and has been since before July 1st, does he need to do IELTS before he can get his skills assessed?

Any help appreciated - its not an area I've ever paid much attention to
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:51 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi guys, question on behalf of a mate who's computer is out of commission at present!

Here already on a temp visa, working as a nurse in Qld, already registered with ANMC. Now going for a 457, followed by a 121 for PR. So he says he has to get his skills assessed by ANMC, even though he is already registered and already working - so the first query is, has he got that right (I think he has)!

Secondly - as he is already here, registered, and working, and has been since before July 1st, does he need to do IELTS before he can get his skills assessed?

Any help appreciated - its not an area I've ever paid much attention to
Looks as though he won't need to sit it. (Lucky him)
The AMNC website says IELTS is compulsory for those applying on form A (full assessment) as your friend is already practising and registered with an Australian nursing council he should apply to ANMC using form B (modified assessment). So he will not need to sit the IELTS.

Well thats they way I understand it, maybe someone else will have different opinion. Here is where i got the information from.
http://www.anmc.org.au/international...nt/process.php
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyx
Looks as though he won't need to sit it. (Lucky him)
The AMNC website says IELTS is compulsory for those applying on form A (full assessment) as your friend is already practising and registered with an Australian nursing council he should apply to ANMC using form B (modified assessment). So he will not need to sit the IELTS.

Well thats they way I understand it, maybe someone else will have different opinion. Here is where i got the information from.
http://www.anmc.org.au/international...nt/process.php
I so hope you're right He is practising, has been working here for several months, and is ANMC registered.
Thanks,