IELTS test help and advice please!

Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

nixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nice
Default IELTS test help and advice please!

hello all im very confused here lol nothing new really! i didnt think i had to do the IELTS test as im born bred and trained in the uk ( and still here at the mo lol) but others are telling me i do have 2? help! lol could someone please clarify things for me. Also im registering with queensland nursing council next month ( having to wait for paperwork to be sent to me before i can send it off). is there many jobs going there does anyone know?i am with an agency healthcare staff recruitment.
Cheers all
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IELTS test help and advice please!

I think you need to give a bit more info? What visa are you applying for and how far along are you. Uk nurses will have to do an IELTS test if their application is not in by the 1st July 2009. Was this what they were talking about?

JOHN
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

If you are doing a temporary visa then you only need to become registered in the state in which you intend to practice.

If you are applying for a 176/175 or simliar PR type visa then you must have your skill assessed at ANMC,you can go to their website at www.anmc.org.au
this has to be done before you can apply for your visa.As of 1st July 2009 it will be a requirement that ALL overseas nurses must sit an IELTS ACADEMIC with a band score of 7 in each of the 4 components........no exceptions,other than NZ nurses I think !

Good luck in your endeavours.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

lyndseynpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nixster
hello all im very confused here lol nothing new really! i didnt think i had to do the IELTS test as im born bred and trained in the uk ( and still here at the mo lol) but others are telling me i do have 2? help! lol could someone please clarify things for me. Also im registering with queensland nursing council next month ( having to wait for paperwork to be sent to me before i can send it off). is there many jobs going there does anyone know?i am with an agency healthcare staff recruitment.
Cheers all
Hi,

you will need to do IELTS for ANMC assessment if you have not yet applied due to the new rules from 1st July 2009 and it will be the academic test you need to do. If you have applied to ANMC before 1st July you will only need to sit the IELTS if you need extra points for your visa (depending on which visa you are applying for) I think you only need to sit the general test for the latter.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:51 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Lyndsey, hello. I noticed you spell your name the same way as me. so many ways to spell Lyndsey, but I also have a son Owen who is 9. Anyway we are reading the forum together and noticed the co-incidence. Where you heading in oz, have you got a job yet?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

hsu749 is an unknown quantity at this point

The QNC told me there are NO exceptions on the English test regardless of which visa you appliy for.
Just got mine in dated 30th June.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyx
Lyndsey, hello. I noticed you spell your name the same way as me. so many ways to spell Lyndsey, but I also have a son Owen who is 9. Anyway we are reading the forum together and noticed the co-incidence. Where you heading in oz, have you got a job yet?
Hi Lyndsey
How weird is that..........
we are hopefully heading to Brisbane or Gold Coast and aim to be there in next 18 months or so.fingers crossed, how about you ?? No job yet and to be honest I haven't started looking. we are appling for the 175 visa so we can travel independantly, I didn't want to take the sponsored route and be tied to a place we may not like.

Please can I ask...are you sitting the IELTS. I didn't sit it to apply for the ANMC assessment cos I applied for that before 1st July 09. My problem is I am sitting the test next Saturday as I need the extra points to qualify for the 175 visa, I am sitting the general level in Manchester. But...immi.gov website state the general level is fine to sit as long as your assessing body doesn't require the academic level, I know the AMNC require the academic level from 1st July 09, do you think because I applied to them before this ruling was in place I will be ok sitting the general level????

Thanks, Lyndsey
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Hi Lindsay
I think you will be perfectly fine to do the General IELTS because you did meet the deadline with ANMC and they confirmed receipt of your application.

Good luck for Saturday,my results come on Friday!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirlw
Hi Lindsay
I think you will be perfectly fine to do the General IELTS because you did meet the deadline with ANMC and they confirmed receipt of your application.

Good luck for Saturday,my results come on Friday!
Good luck for Friday..let me know how you get on
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:07 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by lyndseynpaul
Hi Lyndsey
How weird is that..........
we are hopefully heading to Brisbane or Gold Coast and aim to be there in next 18 months or so.fingers crossed, how about you ?? No job yet and to be honest I haven't started looking. we are appling for the 175 visa so we can travel independantly, I didn't want to take the sponsored route and be tied to a place we may not like.

Please can I ask...are you sitting the IELTS. I didn't sit it to apply for the ANMC assessment cos I applied for that before 1st July 09. My problem is I am sitting the test next Saturday as I need the extra points to qualify for the 175 visa, I am sitting the general level in Manchester. But...immi.gov website state the general level is fine to sit as long as your assessing body doesn't require the academic level, I know the AMNC require the academic level from 1st July 09, do you think because I applied to them before this ruling was in place I will be ok sitting the general level????

Thanks, Lyndsey
OMG, I dıdnt know that. I am also doın IELTS on 11th July but ın Glasgow. Im doın general traının too and I have got the traınıng program for academıc and I honestly thınk that ıd faıl academıc levl. (by the way ı know my puncuatıon ıs terrıble but ım stıll tryıng my best on thıs turkısh keyboard) I get home on frıday and ım goın to panıc and practıse a bıt more. Do you suppose the ındıvıdual nursıng boards wıll accept IELTS general traınıng as Ive heard that they are makıng ıt compulsory?(hope they dont want academıc too - or thats 105 quıd down the draın. Id better get my state regıstratıon ın pronto. Im goın for PR too. I had orıgınally ıntended to waıt 2 to 3 years but owen (my eldest) has saıd that he really wants to go before he starts hıgh school - he wants to do at least 6 months of junıor school fırst. (cant really blame hım).
Good luck for Saturday. We can compare notes afterwards. Lol

Last edited by Lyx; Jul 6th 2009 at 8:15 pm. Reason: Turkısh keyboard!!!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Sandra_Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
I was hoping to apply for nurse registration in WA and was VERY stressed to read that the new criteria for registration in WA (on their website) states that academic IELTS is now required. I am sure other states will follow if not already done so

I already have some practice materials as my OH had to take the general one for extra points for visa application.

Any words of advice and support would be most welcomed.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

OH-er. I know that QNC has allowances for brıtısh nurses. check the small prınt for NBWA. (but ıve not looked sınce july 1st cos ım on hol and ınternet access here ıs not to good). there may be a way around ıt by regısterıng wıth a dıfferent councıl fırst then transferrıng to NBWA. I really dont know. Hopefully someone else wıll advıse. I got book and cd for academıc traınıng. If you search other posts by me youll fınd whıch one. (jenny1977 a school teacher who has passed recommended ıt) It off amazon. But ıt really dıffıcult full of trıck questıons. I doıng general traınıng on sat. It booked and paıd for. I just hope ıt enough.
Lyndsey. x
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Pommy Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nixster
Cheers all
Yes - even UK nurses born and bread now need to get an IELTS 7.0 in all 4 bands. The Australian NMC's also accept the Occupational English Test - so that is another option.

There is one upshot of this however - you get extra points for your permanent residency application. As a UK national you only get 15 points without the IELTS - I think it is 25 points because of the satisfactory IELTS test.

The QNC and the NBV have decent processing times. Be very cautious with getting documents certified - the NBV are very strict in particular.

Nursing in Australia is quite good; my mrs has even changed her career and is studying for her Nursing degree.

Contact me if you want some assistance as we have done quite a few QNC and NMC applications over the years.

Kind Regards,

Lee

PS do consider permanent residency straight away; not many people realise that you can make two visa applications in parallel - that is what we do for our nurses who we get jobs for. Go for the 457 - sure, but also go for PR and the best way at the moment is to do it in parallel because those nurses who have a letter of offer for work get prioritized. Bingo!

Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Lee
Yes - even UK nurses born and bread now need to get an IELTS 7.0 in all 4 bands. The Australian NMC's also accept the Occupational English Test - so that is another option.

There is one upshot of this however - you get extra points for your permanent residency application. As a UK national you only get 15 points without the IELTS - I think it is 25 points because of the satisfactory IELTS test.

The QNC and the NBV have decent processing times. Be very cautious with getting documents certified - the NBV are very strict in particular.

Nursing in Australia is quite good; my mrs has even changed her career and is studying for her Nursing degree.

Contact me if you want some assistance as we have done quite a few QNC and NMC applications over the years.

Kind Regards,

Lee

PS do consider permanent residency straight away; not many people realise that you can make two visa applications in parallel - that is what we do for our nurses who we get jobs for. Go for the 457 - sure, but also go for PR and the best way at the moment is to do it in parallel because those nurses who have a letter of offer for work get prioritized. Bingo!

Would appreciate it if you could read familirise yourself with our site rules, regarding avatars, and using forum posts to tout for business.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyx
OMG, I dıdnt know that. I am also doın IELTS on 11th July but ın Glasgow. Im doın general traının too and I have got the traınıng program for academıc and I honestly thınk that ıd faıl academıc levl. (by the way ı know my puncuatıon ıs terrıble but ım stıll tryıng my best on thıs turkısh keyboard) I get home on frıday and ım goın to panıc and practıse a bıt more. Do you suppose the ındıvıdual nursıng boards wıll accept IELTS general traınıng as Ive heard that they are makıng ıt compulsory?(hope they dont want academıc too - or thats 105 quıd down the draın. Id better get my state regıstratıon ın pronto. Im goın for PR too. I had orıgınally ıntended to waıt 2 to 3 years but owen (my eldest) has saıd that he really wants to go before he starts hıgh school - he wants to do at least 6 months of junıor school fırst. (cant really blame hım).
Good luck for Saturday. We can compare notes afterwards. Lol
Good luck for Saturday Lyndsey, I will let you know how I get on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.