AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:27 am
Just Joined

brindie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Hi guys
I have received an email from ahpra stating that they haven't received my COGS yet but I had a letter from the NMC stating it had been sent to Aus on the 9th June! (More than 2 months ago) Should I be worried or has this happened to other people? I have rung the NMC and all they have said is that it has been sent.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:42 am
Just Joined

super mum will become famous soon enoughsuper mum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ZULU2000
I have just resent requested docs via DHL the costs are piling up DHL charges 38quid for docs .i know Royal Mail is slightly cheaper but no faith in them as they lost my docs years ago never found them so I wld rather use DHL .

@James just check my bank statement my fit2wotk was £174 but I did checks for 2 countries hence the difference in price with the £83 mentioned by mgreaves.

@mgreaves how u guys getting on ?make sure u have the statement of service from current employer notarised And CV do sign as advised by @Sevenpot.Hope myn will be accepted now...

@james have u shopped around yet for notaries.some of them charge exorbitant fees I.e 50 -60 quid a doc ......
I booked in at local magistrates court to notarise everything. I had a Judge, Magistrate and Justice of Peace sat in a row stamping and signing!! Cost the princely sum of £25 for the lot!!
So contact your local Magistrates Court

SMx
Old Oct 16th 2016, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

On page 5 of the AHPRA application it asks for details of qualifications with your most recent qualification first. Do I need to put my school of nursing and the fact that I am a registered nurse in this section or is it assumed given that I am registered with the NMC and they have already sent my COGS?
Old Oct 16th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

wc112 is an unknown quantity at this point

I put nursing as my most recent qualification.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

I might put in an extra sheet as I qualified in 1993 and have done a lot since then.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

A question regarding notary signature. Both solicitors that I contacted wanted to know if they were signing that academic certificates are authentic (meaning that they would have to contact the universities). AHPRA website asks for verification that the photocopy is a true copy of the original. Which will I need? Confirmation of authenticity or just that its a genuine photocopy? I have emailed AHPRA but they never replied!

Steven
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

sarahnurse is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking to start the process but not exactly sure where i start? Can you help? I have my IELTS test booked for January 17, References in the process, Typed up CV, Contacted NMC and they are sending me out a document to sign, Have my Statement of entry......Now what forms do i complete first? i want to avoid agencies as it costs ......alot.

I have printed out the AHPRA AGOS-40 form too as am sure this i require but what else?

Last edited by sarahnurse; Nov 14th 2016 at 4:56 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey fellow nurses SORRY guys have neglected you a bit been enjoying the SUN ..i am glad the thread has been a great help and people find it useful will try and help as much as i can ....but things change with AHPRA so since i applied am sure they have changed few things so those who have recently ha their approvals are great resource for info...
For those who are keen to know i am loving here still settling in but the waeather a bit unbearable ...apparently they will be new changes to the 457 so i personally would encourage coming on PR.....all the best to the waiting applicants...
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

dear Steven

The notary is declaring that they have seen the original and you have identified yourself they have checked your ID AND HE/SHE IS happy that you indeed the holder of the certificates.Basically you would given them credible identification to satisfy the notary to put their seal on the copies of the original docs.hope it helps
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steven9818
A question regarding notary signature. Both solicitors that I contacted wanted to know if they were signing that academic certificates are authentic (meaning that they would have to contact the universities). AHPRA website asks for verification that the photocopy is a true copy of the original. Which will I need? Confirmation of authenticity or just that its a genuine photocopy? I have emailed AHPRA but they never replied!

Steven
dear Steven

The notary is declaring that they have seen the original and you have identified yourself they have checked your ID AND HE/SHE IS happy that you indeed the holder of the certificates.Basically you would given them credible identification to satisfy the notary to put their seal on the copies of the original docs.hope it helps
ZULU2000 is online now Add to ZULU2000's Reputation Report Post
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahnurse
I am looking to start the process but not exactly sure where i start? Can you help? I have my IELTS test booked for January 17, References in the process, Typed up CV, Contacted NMC and they are sending me out a document to sign, Have my Statement of entry......Now what forms do i complete first? i want to avoid agencies as it costs ......alot.

I have printed out the AHPRA AGOS-40 form too as am sure this i require but what else?
Hy Sarahnurse

I would review the form and list all the requested evidence needed and start puttting the together and get some docs notarised and you could look at the info tht university has to send and ask uni to send as AHPARH can create a file apparently thy do get random info from applicants before original app is submitted just a suggestion.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEST
Old Jan 1st 2017, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Happy New Year everyone! I have been granted my permanent residence. Very happy, just 1 issue. I have to appear to AHPRA by April to get on the register. However, I won't be able to make it until a later date. Does anyone know if I can extend it further with exceptional circumstances or do I need to re-apply? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wc112
Happy New Year everyone! I have been granted my permanent residence. Very happy, just 1 issue. I have to appear to AHPRA by April to get on the register. However, I won't be able to make it until a later date. Does anyone know if I can extend it further with exceptional circumstances or do I need to re-apply? Thanks in advance.
Hi All, sorry for the lack of replies, we've been backpacking Asia, NZ and Aus for the past 8 months! We have been in Sydney for the past month and now found somewhere to live so the job hunt has now started for us both.

wc112, we had a similar issue, we had to attend by September 2016 for AHPRA and also enter Australia December 2016. Our plans didn't have us in Australia though until at least December 2016. We therefore had to fly in to Australia soley to activate the visa and finalise AHPRA registration, then fly back out to Asia.

I did ask around if you could defer AHPRA but didn't get a reply.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mgreaves
Hi All, sorry for the lack of replies, we've been backpacking Asia, NZ and Aus for the past 8 months! We have been in Sydney for the past month and now found somewhere to live so the job hunt has now started for us both.

wc112, we had a similar issue, we had to attend by September 2016 for AHPRA and also enter Australia December 2016. Our plans didn't have us in Australia though until at least December 2016. We therefore had to fly in to Australia soley to activate the visa and finalise AHPRA registration, then fly back out to Asia.

I did ask around if you could defer AHPRA but didn't get a reply.
Thanks for the reply mcgreaves. I fear this could be the case for me, although I'd be flying from Ireland. Bit pricey just to. Do the AHPRA, going to call them but will maybe have to re-apply. Best of luck with the job hunt.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wc112
Thanks for the reply mcgreaves. I fear this could be the case for me, although I'd be flying from Ireland. Bit pricey just to. Do the AHPRA, going to call them but will maybe have to re-apply. Best of luck with the job hunt.
As you say I'd give them a call, only a few things are time dependant, you may be able to just redo your COGS and police checks or something rather than a full reapply. There is no need for them to receive CV, university transcripts etc again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.