Wooden houses

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:46 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooden houses

Originally Posted by Genesis
....This will be made worse by poor ventilation, burning ANY type of gas appliance in your living areas (flued or not) ....thumbsup:
erm, so a room sealed appliance is going to increase condensation in your home.....beg to differ on that one and with a decent flue even conventional appliances are going to reduce condensation problems - unless of course you are dragging cold damp air into the room at a tremendous rate, which a wood burner would also tend to do....
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:20 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooden houses

Originally Posted by Smilz
I supply ground/air source heat pumps and solar panels as a day job and when we build I shall be looking to insulate using the latest materials and will have a ground source/geothermal system for the heating/hot water which will be supported by solar hot water panels, any pumps for the system(s) will be powered with photovoltaic panels so as to avoid using the grid therefore being independant and avoiding outages.
Hi - I really hope you are moving to Dunedin (I could do with your services).

I'm also interested in your view of when pv technology is likely to have a payback period of say 5 years or less (probably the point at which it will really take off without Govt subsidy).