parents come too?

Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

dollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the rough
Default parents come too?

Hub has been offered a job in NZ, he will go there while I sell the house and sort things out here in UK.
I have elderly parents who would like to emigrate too, they have no mortgage, they do have a pension and can support themselves financially. Would they be able to come too?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: parents come too?

Originally Posted by dollyhill
Hub has been offered a job in NZ, he will go there while I sell the house and sort things out here in UK.
I have elderly parents who would like to emigrate too, they have no mortgage, they do have a pension and can support themselves financially. Would they be able to come too?
You can sponsor them after you have been resident in New Zealand for three years.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:38 pm
Banned

howardk will become famous soon enoughhowardk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by happynz
You can sponsor them after you have been resident in New Zealand for three years.
...do the 3 years of being resident have to be consecutive...we have spent 2 spells in nz 18 months and 30 months.........cheers.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:38 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by howardk
...do the 3 years of being resident have to be consecutive...we have spent 2 spells in nz 18 months and 30 months.........cheers.
Good question...lessee here, hmmm...

A sponsor must:

-be 17 years of age or over

-be in New Zealand

-be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under section 18A of the Immigration Act 1987

-have been a New Zealand or Australian citizen and/or the holder of a Residence Permit or a returning resident’s visa for at least three years immediately before the date their registration is received by the New Zealand Immigration Service

-in each of the three 12 month portions within that three-year period, have spent a total of 184 days or more in New Zealand

-meet the minimum income requirement (unless they obtained residence in New Zealand as a refugee, or they are aged 65 years or older).

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Howzat! Howard, I think the bolded part may answer your question (hopefully).

Good luck all.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

dollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the rough

Yes they are well over the age of 65!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by dollyhill
Yes they are well over the age of 65!
Dollyhill,

The sponsors won't be subject to income requirements if they are over 65, not those being sponsored.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

But do we still have to be resident in NZ for three years before the parents can come out, it's a very long time when they are VERY much over 65!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth asking if you can include them in your application? I don't know your full story, but i met a family in the Hutt valley who included their father stating he would be providing the child care for there kids whilst the parents worked.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Is it worth asking if you can include them in your application? I don't know your full story, but i met a family in the Hutt valley who included their father stating he would be providing the child care for there kids whilst the parents worked.
That's worth a shot. Make up a job offer and bring them on a work permit. I don't know if that would work, but it is maybe worth investigating.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:43 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
That's worth a shot. Make up a job offer and bring them on a work permit. I don't know if that would work, but it is maybe worth investigating.
My inlaws are here on a 3 year work permit, although it is a genuine job in Christchurch. Their intention is to apply for residency in 2 years time. Hopefully that will happen cos they have just bought a house in Rolleston and I think they would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the airport if someone told them they couldn't stay!!