Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why did you leave NZ?

Wikiposts

Why did you leave NZ?

Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of
Default Re: I want to move back to UK husband doesnt?

Originally Posted by love30stm
I do feel like that too, try my best to have fun, I go to Wellington for a girls weekend away a few times a year, go out and party, thats the only thing that keeps me going for now, and the thought we can go to Oz in the future
YOu live in Wanganui fgs, no wonder you feel that way LMAO. It is impossible for anyone to have any fun in Wanganui, grey little hole that it is (I was unfortunately born there)

Be warned, Oz is not all it is cracked up to be (from a kiwi who now lives in OZ)!!
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bananalana
YOu live in Wanganui fgs, no wonder you feel that way LMAO. It is impossible for anyone to have any fun in Wanganui, grey little hole that it is (I was unfortunately born there)

Be warned, Oz is not all it is cracked up to be (from a kiwi who now lives in OZ)!!
Be warned, Nz is not all it is cracked up to be (from a Brit who lived in NZ and now lives in Oz) !!
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

Originally Posted by billingham
Be warned, Nz is not all it is cracked up to be (from a Brit who lived in NZ and now lives in Oz) !!
that did actually make me laugh out loud, nuff said
Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:03 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you don't have to tell me!! But I somehow manage to have some fun with a good Irish friend from time to time scaring the locals
Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:09 pm

Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

YOu live in Wanganui fgs, no wonder you feel that way
I'm not in Wanganui.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:22 pm

Like Bev said lots of people that feel like me don't just live in Wanganui!! Pretty much all the same thing in everytown which makes me Zzzzz

With the exception of Wellington, always buzzing into the early hours and people actually dress up and stay out late.

Unfortunately no jobs for husband their
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you leave NZ? Just an observation

Originally Posted by turkeys
Not saying I am over New Zealand, or that the UK is better, just my decision to go back. But yes, everyone has an opinion on it, even when I am just telling them in conversation. I find though that real friends will not try to impose their opinions and just support you in your decision. Its generally people in passing (or on message boards) who are opinionated.
A reasonably senior Kiwi at my OH's company when advised that a Britborn CEO of a rival company was returning to UK sooner than expected, turned to my OH (a Brit) and said 'what on earth would he want to go back to the smelly UK for?'

My OH replied 'duh...probably because he's a Brit?'.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
With the exception of Wellington, always buzzing into the early hours and people actually dress up and stay out late.

Unfortunately no jobs for husband their
Wellington's arguably as good as NZ gets if you are a townie i.m.h.o.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you leave NZ?

Originally Posted by Browner_
I think its the practalities of wife, kids, family , work and money for most of us. It aint cos we'd rather be here.
Same.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

For how long? What country is next on your list?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:53 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent......
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we are buying a house here - so it looks like the list is at an end. Never felt like buying in NZ, not even remotely interested. Knew it was not for me after about a week. Sorry.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Well we are buying a house here - so it looks like the list is at an end. Never felt like buying in NZ, not even remotely interested. Knew it was not for me after about a week. Sorry.
What are you sorry for? LMAO

Doesn't bother me if NZ is not for you. I don't even live there myself - however, I do have an innate love for my country and believe it is THE best country with THE best people EVER. But I am probably a little bit biased

Disclaimer: In making the above statement, I am completely ignoring the crap wages LMAO
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Billingham, you are in NT is that right? What is it like up there just out of curiosity?

Early last year I was offered a role in Darwin and we did really want to go, thought it woudl be our type of place, but they didn't offer me enough money so I turned it down (ever greedy me). Now we are off to Brisbane from Sydney, but I am still really curious about NT....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.