Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why did you leave NZ?

Wikiposts

Why did you leave NZ?

Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:38 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you leave NZ?

I'm still not here
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:13 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please peeps, we don't want to close this thread but will have to if the insults and bickering continue.

Disagree on the topic by all means, but do so in a way that is respectful of your fellow members.

Thank you
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm watching this thread too

Be
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Pesky moderators warning people just when it was starting to get good. Drat
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:33 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leither
Pesky moderators warning people just when it was starting to get good. Drat
I know boring now
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

missingUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to move back to UK husband doesnt?

Anyone else have this problem? Just don't know what to do i feel as though i am stuck here! Been here 3 yrs and believe me i have tried to adapts but its not for me and i feel as though i am wasting my life here and have no one to talk to :-(
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want to move back to UK husband doesnt?

Originally Posted by missingUK
Anyone else have this problem? Just don't know what to do i feel as though i am stuck here! Been here 3 yrs and believe me i have tried to adapts but its not for me and i feel as though i am wasting my life here and have no one to talk to :-(
And this is why we are here, to offer support and guidance to ex-pats regardless of our own personal, jaundiced and fixed opinions.

It is so difficult to offer any meaningful advice about what to do, as we are not fully aware of all the various dynamics in your situation. It would be dangerous to advise a course of action, so all we can do is offer a level of support and understanding - your situation must be completely intolerable and debilitating.

There is one hugely important thing to remember - the fact that you are not happy in NZ is not your fault.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Hope that isn't me in 3 years time. Are you married to a New Zealander ? I've been here with my kiwi husband since February. It's taken this long to settle as our original plan to live and work in Christchurch didn't work out for us. We visited NZ to see in laws and get a bit of sightseeing done in 1994, Dec - Jan 1996/7, and October 2006 and every time we got home to UK I thought, thank God that's over. I never once thought, 'that was great, wish we lived there.' I was frustrated at New Zealand's shortcomings (by my tastes anyway). Through living here, I'm being reminded of those shortcomings all over again. For example I can't believe I stood in the butchers' shop the other day and had to explain what Gammon was. Also, the acceptable use of swearing on t.v. and in newspapers makes me cringe. Do they not have censorship laws here ? Admittedly we have purchased a house so I'm doing my best to settle and live here. However, we are going to have to spend a load of money on double glazing and central heating just to get it to uk standard. Perhaps this was just the 'acceptable face' of my husband's mid life crisis !
I will probably get shouted down in the normal manner for the above remarks.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

aww i know that feeling, we have been here 7 years and still not settled, i too try to adapt, but i dont knit, wear odd clothing combos or attend church groups, god im shitty today
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by dubstar
aww i know that feeling, we have been here 7 years and still not settled, i too try to adapt, but i dont knit, wear odd clothing combos or attend church groups, god im shitty today
I know the feeling, I don't like bowls, going to bed at 8.30pm and look and act old before my time!!! I so miss interesting, stylish fun people who love to have fun!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:58 pm

I do feel like that too, try my best to have fun, I go to Wellington for a girls weekend away a few times a year, go out and party, thats the only thing that keeps me going for now, and the thought we can go to Oz in the future
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

, we have been here 7 years and still not settled,
Same amount of time as us. Have we crossed cyber paths before then?

I can knit. I do now wear any old rubbish. Am not stylish at all. I don't do church and little desire to go to bed with the 9 year olds .

I have found some things I feel are fun but what about zest I want that back.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
Same amount of time as us. Have we crossed cyber paths before then?

I can knit. I do now wear any old rubbish. Am not stylish at all. I don't do church and little desire to go to bed with the 9 year olds .

I have found some things I feel are fun but what about zest I want that back.
I'm me! I will never loose my zest!!! NZ not gonna break me!

Keep drinking the wine Bev xxx
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

Zest, thats it, I am becoming dull and zest free, I dont often post on here but i have two days off and the devil made work for my idle hands.

lol
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:46 pm

Zest, thats it, I am becoming dull and zest free, I dont often post on here but i have two days off and the devil made work for my idle hands.

lol
I'm posting on here more tonight in bed with a flu virus!!

So feeling more sorry and bored!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.