Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why did you leave NZ?

Wikiposts

Why did you leave NZ?

Old Jul 10th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why did you leave NZ? Just an observation

Originally Posted by Debbi****
'Cause they might choose to take it as criticism of their decision to come to or stay in NZ in the first place. They must be blissfully happy here obviously ! Could it be envy that you're going home ? Emigrating is such an emotional decision and people stay emotional when they get here ! Yes, I'm guilty as charged but it's still an observation. You sounds like you are 'so over' New Zealand. Good luck with the return to Britain. I hardly envy you at all really !
Not saying I am over New Zealand, or that the UK is better, just my decision to go back. But yes, everyone has an opinion on it, even when I am just telling them in conversation. I find though that real friends will not try to impose their opinions and just support you in your decision. Its generally people in passing (or on message boards) who are opinionated.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Why did you leave NZ?

Oopsies guys. Nasty pointy barbs are arising & just when I was thinking it was going so well.

Try and leave the personal hits out of your posts can you please?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad you've been here before, Howick. Thought it was just me
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:50 pm
`

To make it clear.

subtle or otherwise.

I've been here before too.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:26 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been here
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:48 pm
`

Originally Posted by Kija
I've not been here
I know & I'm glad.

It's not nice and not necessary.

Retire to the KiwiBar and raise a fizzy fire water to my lovely old Hollycat . It's a better place to be than where the bile spouts forth for no apparent reason.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oopsies guys. Nasty pointy barbs are arising & just when I was thinking it was going so well.

Um, I didn't take Turkeys reply as any sort of personal hit and I don't think he took my remark as a personal hit. He just replied, that's all.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why did you leave NZ?

The first Vinyl record I purchased was 1, 2, 3 by Len Barrie.

That was a jolly good hit in those days.........actually I think I still have it somewhere.........time to get out the gramophone!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:18 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you leave NZ? Just an observation

Originally Posted by turkeys
Not saying I am over New Zealand, or that the UK is better, just my decision to go back. But yes, everyone has an opinion on it, even when I am just telling them in conversation. I find though that real friends will not try to impose their opinions and just support you in your decision. Its generally people in passing (or on message boards) who are opinionated.
I know what you mean, our friends were very supportive when we left and some admitted that they would've done the same if they could, I definitely never felt that they were judging us in any way. Most of them come over here for their holidays anyway so they can see why we left. One good thing is that we're never short of house-sitters

It's not that a given place is "better" or "worse" than another, just that another offers more of what you want. Just like people move town for better opportunities, it doesn't mean they have to hate the old place.

If people on message boards have an issue with what you're doing that's their problem to deal with, you do what's right for you.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Howick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant future

People, this is a forum, I don't know you, you don't know me. Sticks & stones & all that stuff.

There are many pieces written on this forum I don't particularly like....or, agree with. I do what the rest of you should do. Ignore it. For example, I haven't necessarily agreed with some of what Genesis has had to say, or Kevin- but IMO, both have given their comments some context and provided some balance. Good enough for me.

Me old mucca Buzzy, sees Melbourne as some sort of Vienna by the Sea, European styled utopia, and IMO, its all about justifying why she is there, and not here. At least Melbourne's answer to Rush Limbaugh, has a sense of houmour, unlike Lemon Face Leither, who goes apoplectic, spraying mouthfuls of warm Irnbru onto the bedsit desktop, as he furiously types his next peice of negative bilge on the various failing of NZ.......such as 'It doesn't sound like it has a great deal going for it economically'. And he lives in Jockland! AKA Handoutsville.

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:24 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Howick, sense of humour failure much?

Get out in the sunshine.
Word.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:26 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howick
People, this is a forum, I don't know you, you don't know me. Sticks & stones & all that stuff.

There are many pieces written on this forum I don't particularly like....or, agree with. I do what the rest of you should do. Ignore it. For example, I haven't necessarily agreed with some of what Genesis has had to say, or Kevin- but IMO, both have given their comments some context and provided some balance. Good enough for me.

Me old mucca Buzzy, sees Melbourne as some sort of Vienna by the Sea, European styled utopia, and IMO, its all about justifying why she is there, and not here. At least Melbourne's answer to Rush Limbaugh, has a sense of houmour, unlike Lemon Face Leither, who goes apoplectic, spraying mouthfuls of warm Irnbru onto the bedsit desktop, as he furiously types his next peice of negative bilge on the various failing of NZ.......such as 'It doesn't sound like it has a great deal going for it economically'. And he lives in Jockland! AKA Handoutsville.

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.
Pot, pot calling kettle...

No offence, but...you have generalized (negatively) just as much about Canada, even though you only lived in one part of it, I can only assume so you can justify moving back to NZ. You should take a good look at yourself before you take potshots at others. Even though I didn't like Melbourne as much as Buzzy I can see where he/she is coming from.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Come on chaps, lets keep things civil. Eh? We can agree to disagree without getting our sharp pointy things out.

Oh and Buzzy is a he
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:12 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear group hug everyone???
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Oh dear group hug everyone???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.