Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's for dinner?

What's for dinner?

Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's for dinner?

Originally Posted by bakedbean
and I bet Jamie doesn't have to worry about washing up

No, nor doing any of the prep like taking pin bones out of fish or measuring out the ingredients, he also doesn't have to be mindful of the mess he's making, clean up any spills or pans that boiled over or gaze into the cupboard for ages looking for various bits and bobs, with a broom up his bum sweeping the kitchen floor, whilst trying to read the recipe at the same time.

That 15 minute meal was ready in only 55 minutes and no that that didn't include the time it took me to go to two shops looking for some salmon fillets.

Today will be simples and suitably Autumnal cos I am sick of salad; jacket potato, Heinz 'English Style' baked beans with grated cheese and some sausarge.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Psychic .

Tonight is beans with the quiche & a jacket. End of !
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:03 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Am I being talked about?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Am I being talked about?
Think that BEVS and Bojangles are planning on heating you up to almost boiling point and then eating you. I'd run whilst you have the chance
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

More fish pie tonight. Think I overdid the quantities

And he thought it odd that I used three types of fish Isn't that what everyone does? Well not specifically three but more than one type
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:55 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I use more than one type of fish for my fish pie. I'll put onions and leeks into the sauce as well as putting cheese on top of the mash.

Anyway, tonight will be lamb chops. They were on offer at the Mad Butcher last week. I will also cook potatoes and veg to go with it and make some gravy out of a packet. Colmans mint sauce will also feature. Why Colmans ? Because it's what we like ! (I have to traipse round several supermarkets until I find it but hey)
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

That's exactly what I did, leeks and onions and also cheese on top of the mash.

He wasn't keen, not how his mother used to make it apparently...

He has been pestering me for beef stroganoff which is tonight's culinary masterpiece. I haven't made it for him before as he doesn't like mushrooms which are a major part of the recipe, so why he wants it, I don't bloody know!
If I hear the words 'it's not right, it's not how my mother always made it' tonight then he can cook for himself from now on

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!! He's such a fussy eater
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza tonight... Boring
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:41 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I've made stroganoff before, it was nice. I don't make it often as it's quite rich.

I used to tell my husband it was steak surprise for tea, the surprise being there's no steak !

If my husband said my cooking was not like his mother's he would get short shrift from me. I would not have married him if he was not easy to feed.

Tonight's seminal gastronomic delight will be fish in breadcrumbs, oven chips, peas and tomato. Anyone remember this from three Friday's ago ? Oh come on, keep up.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

There is a lot of cream in it but we're usually quite healthy eaters, occasionally is fine!

To be fair it is the first and so far only time he has ever mentioned his mother's cooking but I will not be impressed if it happens again
When I'm living a normal life and working he tends to do most of the prep and cooking but he is very much a meat and two veg guy- I am managing to expand his horizons bit by bit-not too fast, don't want to scare the horses!

As for oven chips, one of the few advantages of being here and only able to buy overly processed crap is that I am experimenting more. He really likes my home made oven chips
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

If i was in america my staple diet would be 'lucky charm' cereal lol
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:38 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Sardinian rissotto <<minced pork, onion, turmeric, red wine, tomatoes, rice>> lubbly jubbly.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:08 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

John Dory (fish), home made wedges, greek style salad and washed down with a Black Estate Waipara Chardonnay.

For all you lucky folks in Christchurch, the Waipara region is NZ's least appreciated wine region and produces NZ's best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, IMO. Fantastic stuff.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:10 am

Spaghetti Bolognese

Yes... some good NZ wine would be very nice, but fat chance of that
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:04 am

Beef casserole, potatoes and veg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.