Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What did you give to New Zealand

What did you give to New Zealand

Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:57 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about
Default What did you give to New Zealand

I'll be with you folks in 27 days, and I know what I am hoping to get from NZ. But what do I offer NZ?

Not too much I suppose, maybe a friendly personality and will always help anyone in trouble apart from Avid.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What did you give to New Zealand

Originally Posted by Cava Fizz
I'll be with you folks in 27 days, and I know what I am hoping to get from NZ. But what do I offer NZ?

Not too much I suppose, maybe a friendly personality and will always help anyone in trouble apart from Avid.
I gave taxes.

What's wrong with Avid?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:18 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

nowt really is wrong with Avid, just didn't want to sound too 'ooh la la' or a nice person!

and i thought Avid has probably got thick enough skin to take my jibe in jest.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:10 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

nowt really is wrong with Avid, just didn't want to sound too 'ooh la la' or a nice person!

and i thought Avid has probably got thick enough skin to take my jibe in jest.
I'm going to find you and kill you.....
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:18 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Avid
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I brought over a plumber.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly we gave lots of money to NZIS, to allow us to come to this country which so badly needs skilled people. This enabled me to get a job where I work 40 + hours a week for the government for next to nothing wages, so that I can pay back a big lump of it to IRD. The little bit I get to keep goes back to the Government disguised as Genesis energy to pay my power bills, plus 12.5% GST on asolutely everything else I buy. You mean I have to give more?
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

My OH is a volunteer fire fighter here in the village. He gives up time each week to go to practise, he gives up days, evenings and whole weekends to do training..... oh, and time for each call-out too. They are putting him through his HGV so that he can drive the engine too. He also helps out at local events with them to raise money for all the local emergency services..... the more events they can help out at the more money they can raise. He loves it and I'm glad hes with them but it does eat into our family time together quite a lot. I dont really mind as its something hes always wanted to do and wasnt allowed to join back in the UK... I'm pretty proud of him I can tell you.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:34 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I brought four kids who will all contribute in their own unique way and be loving husbands/wife for some kiwi that they meet and procreate to produce more little kiwi's eventually.....
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:49 am
Fight for the republic.

'kin ell, some people on here who can't wait to jump down ones throat.

I asked a question which seemed appropiate after having a glasss of wine and sitting outside on a gorgeous day in England.

I never implied that you have to give anything more than the standard. If you think that is too little that is for you to deal with.

i think you should have your own sticky thread sarahb every post of yours i have ever read makes me want to get over to NZ more!

You are defo the most bestforumista on here!!!!
Still Stands
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
so Cava will do us a service and get Avid incarcerated......
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:41 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I'm a not really cashed up Pom with a couple of degrees, lots of experience in my line of work that is by all accounts very lacking in NZ, with a missus who's arm was almost chomped off by her employer - they had advertised for 3 years for the post and not even got suitable applicants, were ready to go for new grad, so getting someone with 14 years experience was a bonus!!
We bring a pragmatic approach to life, football skills, kids with masses of energy/potential, a decent family professional sports pedigree (missed out my generation though), and a few years in the old dogs yet!!!!