Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland Temperature?

Auckland Temperature?

Old May 31st 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Auckland Temperature?

Hi......We'll be coming out in July, so we're now thinking of clothes to buy!

What is the temperature like at the moment, and what is it like in july?

Tnx
Old May 31st 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland Temperature?

Currently daily max about 15-18C, overnight min 6-10C. Take 2-3C off both for June and July and you won't be far wrong.
Go for layers - bring a couple of thin fleeces/jerseys, a thick one and a good waterproof and you can't go far wrong. It's rarely if ever woolly hat and gloves weather here

Edited to say - that's in Auckland. South Island will be significantly colder, think Southern England winter with some sharp frosts but slightly milder days.
Old May 31st 2007, 7:43 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

i'm coming out in July as well. I'm hoping the rumour that NZ'ers don't care about fashion is true as I will be turning up in my cagool!
Old May 31st 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cava Fizz
i'm coming out in July as well. I'm hoping the rumour that NZ'ers don't care about fashion is true as I will be turning up in my cagool!
hmmmmmm..... youll fit right in then!!

At the moment we are having beautiful weather up here. The days are sunny and warm and the temperature is supposed to reach 19 up here today... not bad for winter eh?

I went late night shopping last night and only wore jeans and t shirt at 9 oclock at night.... did take a fleecey with me but it was too warm. Middle of the night is pretty cold right now so its good to have an electric blanket but the days are still gorgeous.... not such how much longer it will last though.

.....and we dont mind so much when it rains as we need it to fill up our tanks.... everyone just here heaves a sigh of relief when it rains.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:36 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

i think you should have your own sticky thread sarahb every post of yours i have ever read makes me want to get over to NZ more!

You are defo the most bestforumista on here!!!!
Old May 31st 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful blue sky and sunny again in North Auckland. Got to do a few hours at work then picking 2 yr old up from nursery and off to the beach so she can have a run about and collect more treasure. We are still taking our shoes off and paddling. Our first year here (4yrs ago) on Queens birthday weekend we went for a swim it was that warm.
BUT...winter is coming and last night I put the electric blanket on.
Old May 31st 2007, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

This week it has turned a bit chillier but the the suns out and the skys blue. Saying that the Weds afternoon last week it chucked it down for about an hour.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.... I just tell it how it is. I dont expect this lovely weather to last much longer though.

I do love living here but have recently been through a stage of missing my friends and family so much it hurts to think about them. In an ideal world they would all come out here and live here too!