Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:34 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Try reading the Moving back To UK forum sometime... a hell of a lot of expat Brits reckon OZ sux too, NOT just Kiwis
If you hate OZ so much why don't you hop on a cheap one way flight back to NZ ? Are you making plans to come back to NZ?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:17 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

The weather up here (Auckland) isn't that brilliant.

It was quite still last night so we managed to sit out on the deck and see in the new year, but wrapped up against the cold air. Then it rained not long after we came in.

This morning I saw the pictures of the NY celebrations in Sydney, people in T shirts out on the streets having fun, I know where I'd rather be next year
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington weather is shit!

We were in Surfers Paradise last night with about 50000 other people, all along the beach and into the town centre.

A few knobheads and drunks knocking around but on the whole quite civilised.

Great fireworks!

Oh, did I mention I was in shorts and T shirt...............
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:13 am

That's the stuff! so will I be next year

Lol!! It's a hard life hey but someone's got to live it
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:44 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nerine
That's the stuff! so will I be next year

Lol!! It's a hard life hey but someone's got to live it
Into our fourth day of shit weather now... All the New years eve celebrations were cancelled due to inclement weather.

OZ is looking mighty good!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

2 Days ago, I emigrated from a balmy Brussels 16 c Winter and landed in summer at Christchurch, cold wind 9 degrees at Midday !
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
Into our fourth day of shit weather now... All the New years eve celebrations were cancelled due to inclement weather.

OZ is looking mighty good!
4 days and that's enough to make you move country?...
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kippers
I see from the latest published statistics that 19,000 Kiwi's moved permanently to Oz in the last year but 14,000 Australians moved permanently to NZ.
So it can't be all wonderful over there.
Australia has 20 million people and NZ has 4 million? Those stats have to be understood in that context.

In my experience many Australians that move over there do so for relationship reasons - the NZer partner not wanting to leave NZ due to family etc. My Kiwi sister in law and her Australian husband lasted 2 years in NZ before they returned to Australia. I know other Australians who have moved out there to be with their spouses/partners and they seem happy though.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I've always been very lucky with Wellington though! We have family there and visit there from time to time. Every time I've gone there it's been blue skies and stunning harbour. I do think it's a beautiful place. Maybe I should put you all out of your misery and book a flight with Air NZ?
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Australia has 20 million people and NZ has 4 million? Those stats have to be understood in that context.

In my experience many Australians that move over there do so for relationship reasons - the NZer partner not wanting to leave NZ due to family etc. My Kiwi sister in law and her Australian husband lasted 2 years in NZ before they returned to Australia. I know other Australians who have moved out there to be with their spouses/partners and they seem happy though.
So Aussies move to NZ for love,
and Kiwi's move to Oz for money.

Sounds about right to me

Kip
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers
So Aussies move to NZ for love,

You forgot...............and move back after 2 years
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington weather is shit!

Errrrrrrrrrr...........29c yesterday and today a mere 24c with some white fluffy bits.

But I still adore NZ................

Ho hum!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
A couple of years ago I was content in NZ. Now im over it in a big way. Things do change.
'content' and 'over it'.

Most people seem to do 2 yrs here and say they're over it. That's how I feel. The weather is too miserable in the winter. When the sun comes out you instantly see th country totaly differently. I came here from Aus and I can tell you there are good and bad in both but NZ feels like it's the W.I. compared to Oz. It feels like doyleys, net curtains and cardies. It's so dull. But I understand lotslike it so... each to their own.
The weather in Nz is no better than the weather in the UK.

At least in the UK, you step into a warm house - the whole house not just the lounge!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
'content' and 'over it'.
At least in the UK, you step into a warm house - the whole house not just the lounge!
Reminds me of the rental house we were in..... there was a logburner upstairs in one of the living areas. It was absolutely boiling in that room and the rest of the house was ruddy freezing. All the bedrooms were downstairs and in the winter I couldnt even use the downstairs bathroom in the evenings as it was way too cold. Silly designed house.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:42 am

Cold New Zealand houses...let's not go there

Instead.....Can you imagine saying "Oz houses...living room nice and cool - rest of the house hot as hell"

Or do Ozzies air condition their houses more effectively than New Zealanders heat theirs?...(is it even possible to heat a new zealand house? )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.