Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:26 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default Wellington weather is shit!

Another day of winter.... Just had guests from the UK stay for xmas and they were able to say in all honesty, and I had to grudgingly accept it as well, "the summer's in England are better really aren't they"

Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

We've had one good day so far, I'm in ChCh. The rest have been crap, got the heating on at the moment just glad I don't have one of them log burner thingys
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:35 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Same. Gas fire is burning. I've been offered a job in Brisbane so it's looking more tempting by the day!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
Same. Gas fire is burning. I've been offered a job in Brisbane so it's looking more tempting by the day!
Been here 3 years, fly out to Brisbane on the 8th of January Start work on the 15th. Nice weather and even nicer wages
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Weather up here in Auckland is ok, but nothing to write home about. It just seems to be cloudy all the time, although its not cold. I saw your forecast after the news last night... its colder than winter weather.... glad I'm up here.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

If it makes you feel any better we had monsoon like rain today.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:20 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

My inlaws are from Wellington and moved to Auckland 3 years ago. They've got property down there and have to go down from time to time - they can't wait to get back to Auckland and wouldn't dream of going back because it's so much colder. We COULD have had our fire lighting a couple of times since October but haven't bothered. It's been really warm here for the last week or so - even though there have been showers.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Been here 3 years, fly out to Brisbane on the 8th of January Start work on the 15th. Nice weather and even nicer wages
Is that why you're leaving? For the better weather and wages?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is that why you're leaving? For the better weather and wages?

In a nut shell yes

Long story, Brisbane was our 1st choice when we started this adventure. We tried Akl for 8 months and we've been here in Rangiora for the rest of the time.
We were going to wait for our Citizenship but I've been offered a good job over there and the company have sorted out all the paperwork and will sponsor me for PR, so stuff it were going

Ian
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington weather is shit!

26c and wall to wall sunshine in the Gold Coast......................

Sorry................

(Not really)
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
In a nut shell yes

Long story, Brisbane was our 1st choice when we started this adventure. We tried Akl for 8 months and we've been here in Rangiora for the rest of the time.
We were going to wait for our Citizenship but I've been offered a good job over there and the company have sorted out all the paperwork and will sponsor me for PR, so stuff it were going

Ian
I think I'll be going to Brisbane. I don't really see any reason to stay in NZ any longer. I doubt I will miss it much.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think I'll be going to Brisbane. I don't really see any reason to stay in NZ any longer. I doubt I will miss it much.
I could have said that
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:29 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

When it rains and gets a little cold in Summer in the US midwest, I go and stand out in the rain. With the air conditioning cranking away pretty much continuously from May to September, overly hot and humid weather gets really old really quickly... trust me.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

I see from the latest published statistics that 19,000 Kiwi's moved permanently to Oz in the last year but 14,000 Australians moved permanently to NZ.
So it can't be all wonderful over there.

I would imagine that being too hot would be as bad as being too cold, and from watching the Melbourne weather on the news, it can be 43c one day and 15c the next

Kip. (not mentioning the water )

Last edited by Kippers; Dec 30th 2006 at 9:42 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:38 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

as my mom would say, its swings and roundabouts.

(she is a brummie)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.