British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Wellington weather is shit! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wellington-weather-shit-416002/)

Dirk1971 Dec 30th 2006 7:26 pm

Wellington weather is shit!

Another day of winter.... Just had guests from the UK stay for xmas and they were able to say in all honesty, and I had to grudgingly accept it as well, "the summer's in England are better really aren't they"

:mad:

Ian & Sharon Dec 30th 2006 7:30 pm

Re: Wellington weather is shit!

We've had one good day so far, I'm in ChCh. The rest have been crap, got the heating on at the moment just glad I don't have one of them log burner thingys:)

Dirk1971 Dec 30th 2006 7:35 pm

Same. Gas fire is burning. I've been offered a job in Brisbane so it's looking more tempting by the day!

Ian & Sharon Dec 30th 2006 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dirk1971 (Post 4236967)
Same. Gas fire is burning. I've been offered a job in Brisbane so it's looking more tempting by the day!

Been here 3 years, fly out to Brisbane on the 8th of January:D Start work on the 15th. Nice weather and even nicer wages;)

SarahB Dec 30th 2006 7:56 pm

Weather up here in Auckland is ok, but nothing to write home about. It just seems to be cloudy all the time, although its not cold. I saw your forecast after the news last night... its colder than winter weather.... glad I'm up here.

Perdana Dec 30th 2006 8:13 pm

If it makes you feel any better we had monsoon like rain today.

Batty Dec 30th 2006 8:20 pm

My inlaws are from Wellington and moved to Auckland 3 years ago. They've got property down there and have to go down from time to time - they can't wait to get back to Auckland and wouldn't dream of going back because it's so much colder. We COULD have had our fire lighting a couple of times since October but haven't bothered. It's been really warm here for the last week or so - even though there have been showers.

Dirk1971 Dec 30th 2006 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon (Post 4236991)
Been here 3 years, fly out to Brisbane on the 8th of January:D Start work on the 15th. Nice weather and even nicer wages;)

Is that why you're leaving? For the better weather and wages?

Ian & Sharon Dec 30th 2006 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dirk1971 (Post 4237070)
Is that why you're leaving? For the better weather and wages?

In a nut shell yes :p

Long story, Brisbane was our 1st choice when we started this adventure. We tried Akl for 8 months and we've been here in Rangiora for the rest of the time.
We were going to wait for our Citizenship but I've been offered a good job over there and the company have sorted out all the paperwork and will sponsor me for PR, so stuff it were going:cool:

Ian

Nice Guy Dec 30th 2006 9:01 pm

Wellington weather is shit!

26c and wall to wall sunshine in the Gold Coast......................

Sorry................

(Not really)

Dirk1971 Dec 30th 2006 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon (Post 4237085)
In a nut shell yes :p

Long story, Brisbane was our 1st choice when we started this adventure. We tried Akl for 8 months and we've been here in Rangiora for the rest of the time.
We were going to wait for our Citizenship but I've been offered a good job over there and the company have sorted out all the paperwork and will sponsor me for PR, so stuff it were going:cool:

Ian

I think I'll be going to Brisbane. I don't really see any reason to stay in NZ any longer. I doubt I will miss it much.

Ian & Sharon Dec 30th 2006 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dirk1971 (Post 4237101)
I think I'll be going to Brisbane. I don't really see any reason to stay in NZ any longer. I doubt I will miss it much.

I could have said that;)

Maz Dec 30th 2006 9:29 pm

When it rains and gets a little cold in Summer in the US midwest, I go and stand out in the rain. With the air conditioning cranking away pretty much continuously from May to September, overly hot and humid weather gets really old really quickly... trust me.

Kippers Dec 30th 2006 9:34 pm

I see from the latest published statistics that 19,000 Kiwi's moved permanently to Oz in the last year but 14,000 Australians moved permanently to NZ.
So it can't be all wonderful over there.

I would imagine that being too hot would be as bad as being too cold, and from watching the Melbourne weather on the news, it can be 43c one day and 15c the next :eek:

Kip. (not mentioning the water :rolleyes: )

dreamfish Dec 30th 2006 9:38 pm

as my mom would say, its swings and roundabouts.

(she is a brummie)