Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

Agree Ray and Rob. I mean-we're not in the ****ing West Indies here people. Why do you think it's so green? Paint?
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:48 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley

The reason people hate the cold is the lack of insulation in the houses so it's just as cold inside (as mentioned many times before here)
We'll be okay though, lots of insulation in or house now.

Heads off to be smug in cosy lounge...
No it's actually colder inside your house than out, that's why british expats are shocked and go on about the weather!
They just aren't used to being cold indoors and what's wrong with that?
I've been soooooo cold in my own home in this country and the cold makes me feel ill. Some folk can cope but I am a warm weather kind of person, I always was, I love the sun ... I use loads of sunblock here but still go out in the sun and soak up the rays
And the condensation! what about that ..... rivers of moisture running down the glass every morning and making your bedding, clothing, carpets .... AIR feel cloying and cold, cold, cold.
I will never accept this attitude of you made your bed so put up with it, if there's room for improvement then why not implement this.
Sorry Rob not venting at you just something you said in your post made my ears prick up so to speak about the cold etc that's all .
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
No it's actually colder inside your house than out,
So true! We havnt had a winter in this house yet but our rental house was so cold... it had mainly tiled floors and the log burner was upstairs for some daft reason, so downstairs was sooooooo cold. We have just had a guy round to quote us for central heating, waiting for his quote now. I like to be warm too.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:53 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
So true! We havnt had a winter in this house yet but our rental house was so cold... it had mainly tiled floors and the log burner was upstairs for some daft reason, so downstairs was sooooooo cold. We have just had a guy round to quote us for central heating, waiting for his quote now. I like to be warm too.
Hehe will be fun in this house in winter ..... no visible form of heating, got the Briscoes half price electric blankets stowed away just in case.
Anyone recommend a good place to buy convector heaters and a de-humidifier??
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Boopy;4599814]
Originally Posted by RedMonsk
king!

Wellington seems to be getting rather bad press at the moment, due to the weather!

QUOTE]

Where does the UK get it's info. Today it's raining, but for months it's been glorious. Last Friday here in Welly was the hottest in the country at 29c.
If you read a lot of the postings in this thread, you will see that a lot of people have been moaning about the weather! That is where I have been gaining my information from.

We British do seem to be obsessed with the weather! Mid 20's is more than hot enough for me, which is why we ruled out Australia - far too hot for me! I'd be rattier than I normally am!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:11 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=RedMonsk;4605240]
Originally Posted by Boopy
If you read a lot of the postings in this thread, you will see that a lot of people have been moaning about the weather! That is where I have been gaining my information from.

We British do seem to be obsessed with the weather! Mid 20's is more than hot enough for me, which is why we ruled out Australia - far too hot for me! I'd be rattier than I normally am!
Every one is obsessed with the weather .... kiwis love to have a good speculation about what the weather is going to do, it's not moaning it's just conversation making
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I havent noticed anyone from welly complain about the summer this year.
Although kiwi's I work with have complained that it's been too hot.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:19 am
sky
Banned

I havent noticed anyone from welly complain about the summer this year.
Although kiwi's I work with have complained that it's been too hot.
They just aren't normal then
I was hoping for a long hot Indian summer, same as the uk had
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=RedMonsk;4605240]

weather been fab on the kapiti coast today , was supposed to piss it down all day , but nothing but glorious sunshine
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

I'm quite torn between Auckland and Wellington!

Auckland is apparently a bit hotter, wages are allegedly better - but then house prices are higher!

Wellington looks greener (must be all that rain, ha ha!) and is it my imagination, but on the whole, you get bigger gardens that are more private because of all the shrubs and trees?!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:27 am
sky
Banned

[QUOTE=poppets;4605289]
weather been fab on the kapiti coast today , was supposed to piss it down all day , but nothing but glorious sunshine
Usually the case if you listen to the weather forecast
It will prob be weeing it down all over NZ for easter and the school hols and then as soon as the kids are back the sun will come back out
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite torn between Auckland and Wellington!

Auckland is apparently a bit hotter, wages are allegedly better - but then house prices are higher!

Wellington looks greener (must be all that rain, ha ha!) and is it my imagination, but on the whole, you get bigger gardens that are more private because of all the shrubs and trees?!
i don't know much about Auckland, but our house sits on a 1200m2 section & we have a few trees in the garden & the bush just up the road.
personally i found welly more compact, but yes auckland will be warmer, but we don't do bad here & the views of the city are fab
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:43 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking to a lady from Welly at work (in Auckland) today, welly has more considerate drivers, better public transport and a more cosmopolitan feel.
So the things that get me down most about NZ (so far) would be better in welly........
Also the Poppet is in that part of the world....nudge nudge.....
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Speaking to a lady from Welly at work (in Auckland) today, welly has more considerate drivers, better public transport and a more cosmopolitan feel.
So the things that get me down most about NZ (so far) would be better in welly........
Also the Poppet is in that part of the world....nudge nudge.....

The Poppet - as in the landmark.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I'd kill to have a garden that size! I live in a town that is in a valley and there are very few gardens that are flat and they aren't usually very big either! Are you close to the beach?

What about employment? Are any hubbies out there in the renovation/construction industry?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.