Weekly poll No. 4

Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:16 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekly poll No. 4

Yes
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

englishheaven will become famous soon enoughenglishheaven will become famous soon enough

Yes. Surely you can buy all you need on the other 360 odd days of the year. You still have your money the next day and the shops are still selling the same things.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,just be organised and get stuff in early ie wine!! You should have seen tesco on Sat am you would have thought we were having a week long shut down. Madness,total madness. If you forgot something go without for ONE day

Phyl x
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:43 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weejie
Yes,just be organised and get stuff in early ie wine!! You should have seen tesco on Sat am you would have thought we were having a week long shut down. Madness,total madness. If you forgot something go without for ONE day

Phyl x
ha ha I was kidding
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Yes, as some traditions are dying out all too fast.

That said, I did make the mistake of going to Martinborough for the weekend, so no wine tasting available as some of the vineyards were shut due to not being able to sell alcohol only on Good Friday, there is a very nice loop hole that means wine is available with food, so we ordered hot cross buns at several cellar doors
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but only from the family time perspective.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:54 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes

Not for any religious reasons but because it means that there are days when people are not expected or pressured into working and can spend time with family. Or just have a day off away from family if that's what they wish

And this is from someone who found themselves in Napier on Good Friday without any bread:curse: Bad planning on my part
Found a great chip shop though-couldn't fault their fish and chips at all
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
ha ha I was kidding
I know,should have put after wine!! as was said tongue in cheek

Phyl x
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to the radio driving down to and back from Tongariro National Park friday and sunday I noticed that there were no commercials at all on the radio stations.
I guess that was Easter related? whatever it was absolute bliss , normally I result to changing stations when the adverts come on - which is very frequently and usually at the same time
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:26 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

chocolate cake - yep it is. Same thing with TV - no commercials other than those promoting TV shows themselves.

I actually quite like the stores being shut - as annoying as it is. A lot of shop staff don't really get an option about working over holidays (i know...this could be debated til the cows come home - they chose the jobs, they have the right blah blah blah). So I think it's nice.

I went to the gym and worked out for 2 hours. On Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Hehe working off that chocolate!! Later went to a movie so again, it was quite nice doing that and knowing that it was relatively quiet.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Nope. Doesn't bother me if they open. It's up to the shops really. Don't like the sound of 'should have to.' Much too much of this in the UK now.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

daisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nicedaisy blue is just really nice

No. They should be able to do what they choose, just as they can choose to close on any other day of the year if they so wish.

You don't have to shop in them though :-)
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:11 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

well thanks everyone for answering the question. Seems like most of you enjoy the day with shops. Wasn't really expecting that especially when you read some of the polls in the papers.