Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shiiping A Caravan to NZ

Shiiping A Caravan to NZ

Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default Shiiping A Caravan to NZ

Hi Everyone
CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE...
I have had a mare of a time trying to organise moving my caravan with me to NZ.
Just about everyone has advised me to go RORO and priced accordingly, (between £3445 and £3646)...everyone that is until I met a gentleman called Chris Scott of Koru Shippers!
I know I have left it a bit late, flying on the 28th and still got all our stuff to pack/ship out...but I phoned him on Friday AM, had a very informed conversation with him, with a return e-mail confirming everything, and all organised for me to bring the caravan to him on Monday.(cheaper and quicker at this late stage, although given more time he could arrange pick-up)
Insurance all set and also had contact with NZ end to finalise delivery!!!!
TOTAL cost £2500 for the shipping of the caravan....(No RORO have been assured that it will fit in a hi cube container)
$1800 NZ side to complete all paperwork etc
$200 insurance
Was even told to do it this way as it saved me money!!!!

OVER £1000 cheaper, will also save me a round trip from Wellington to Auckland and back!!!

I know this sounds like an advert, but I like to pass on good service when I can...and I know others have looked into this.
Email address for him is...FAO Chris Scott- [email protected]
Tel: 01621 840053
Fax: 01621 840440

Other than that...all is in a state of chaos, I am pulling my hair out, getting totally stressed and sooooooooooo looking forward to getting out there, but trying not to look it as the kids think it is 'un-cool' for their dad to be skipping around town so much!!
Not long now
Nick
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shiiping A Caravan to NZ

Hi Nick,

Good Luck with everything !! We sold our caravan because of the costs of shipping it out there.
Hope everything works out.....very nearly there
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice
Default Re: Shiiping A Caravan to NZ

Well done on getting your caravan in a Hi Cube, ours would not fit and came RORO and it has been pretty battered on the way over, not to mention the bits and pieces that have gone missing. I am really glad we shipped it over but very disappointed in the way it arrived. We only got it back last week.