Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - NZ

Wanted Down Under - NZ

Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - NZ

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Agree its been poor especially as its only covered Auckland in NZ and Darwin, Cairns and Perth in Aussie. I can only think its the BBC cutting costs or they have been paid to promote these few cities specifically.
Well they cant even be arsed to re-write the script so if they keep the places the same for long enough they will just be able to show the same shows and we will all be that used to it being same shit different day we wont notice

It drives me crazy when she does that thing with her arms to - 'will they choose to stay in the UK or will they move to the other side of the world' - what a load of old shit x
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
It drives me crazy when she does that thing with her arms to - 'will they choose to stay in the UK or will they move to the other side of the world' - what a load of old shit x
Oh god me too, it drives me nuts
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky Chapman is like a robot, sometimes it seems like a scripted show. I wish they could go to some more diverse locations too.

They should get Russell Brand or Boris Johnson to do it.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Wanted Down Under - NZ

LOL It drives us all crazy but we still seem to watch it hahaha............. I agree with the fact that the people that are thinking about moving should be able to chose where they want to go but that is probably why they were picked out of the thousands of famillies they get to chose from, because of where they wanted to go!!!,

I don't believe taking them to Auckland will make them want to return lol............

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Well they cant even be arsed to re-write the script so if they keep the places the same for long enough they will just be able to show the same shows and we will all be that used to it being same shit different day we wont notice

Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:56 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised Darwin has become such a destination to move to.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps Darwhine is one of the few places POMS can afford to move to now!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:33 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Only spent a day or so in Darwin for work....bloody scary place and I don't mean the dozens of painful ways the wildlife can kill you!

...and I hear the cougars in Auckland a pretty dangerous too!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Cougars are an international menace!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Wanted Down Under - NZ

1 thing that really bugs me is you spend near on an hour watching the blinking programme to be none the wiser as to whether they came or not, I know they do a follow-up programme to but i just wish they would give you a little catch-up when the credits are rolling.....

Sad i know but thats just me lol
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:40 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aalls73
1 thing that really bugs me is you spend near on an hour watching the blinking programme to be none the wiser as to whether they came or not, I know they do a follow-up programme to but i just wish they would give you a little catch-up when the credits are rolling.....

Sad i know but thats just me lol
yep gets me too that one. The follow up programme spends half the time re showing the original programme anyway

Of course I will be watching it avidly

Dewb
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Check out Phil Down Under tonight @8 on C4 - he's just covering Aus but lets see if he makes a better programme than the Beeb.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:22 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Whys is it in this series that everone that has tried a new life in New Zealand goes to Aucland?

Are there no other place to live in NZ! or maybe the programmes financial team only allow them to go to Auckland.

Another bug for me is the for example Family X have £???? to spend on their housing and they alway seem to show them what they cannot afford - nice?

still watch though although we need more on New Zealand

Niki
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:27 am
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Check out Phil Down Under tonight @8 on C4 - he's just covering Aus but lets see if he makes a better programme than the Beeb.
Phil Spencer will do a better job of looking for houses in Australia, he knows the business. This programme will be different, he`s only there to find homes. He was on BBC Breakfast this morning, apparently his wife is an Australian and he has been to the country many times.
Pat.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:10 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
Phil Spencer will do a better job of looking for houses in Australia, he knows the business. This programme will be different, he`s only there to find homes. He was on BBC Breakfast this morning, apparently his wife is an Australian and he has been to the country many times.
Pat.
Missed this any good?

I see another Auckland episode coming up Monday
Guessing they only took people who expressed interest in Auckland. They did record it during recession, guess they dont want to upset to many licencee payers and look like they are making an effort at cost cutting.

Dewb
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:45 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Hi Dewb,
Yes, Phil did a good job. He found a lovely house, I think in Perth, at a better price than Nicky Chapman on Wanted Down Under! I have been so disappointed in this series, as I said, I spent last winter in Wellington so I don`t know if this different format happened in January 2009. Prevously we saw a variety of different destinations, this time they have been in blocks of four to Darwin, Auckland, Perth and Cairns. It probably is an economic decision as you suggest. Poor NZ always seems to get side lined in favour of Australia too!
Pat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.