Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

I'm starting to panic a small bit as my mother is booked to fly out next friday from Ireland to New Zealand. I havnt seen her for such a long time and I'm really hoping she is going to make it but its not looking good. God it took me years to convince her to come here in the 1st place and now it looks like its just not going to happen.

Worst bit is my little boys are so excited about seeing her and I just hope I dont have to tell them that she wont make it now.

What are other people doing that plan to come here in very near future? What are the airlines saying? God I feel sick thinking about it all...........
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

Stay positive it could all blow over by then. Some news media reports that it should all be gone by Thursday/Friday but I don't think anyone really knows. Hope your mum gets here one way or the other. Maybe if they are not flying on that day then she can re-schedule. Fingers crossed for you. I may need a quick trip to the UK to see my mum as she is not well but I am praying that she will stay ok while this stuff blows over. I am sure it will all be fine in the end.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirl
Stay positive it could all blow over by then. Some news media reports that it should all be gone by Thursday/Friday but I don't think anyone really knows. Hope your mum gets here one way or the other. Maybe if they are not flying on that day then she can re-schedule. Fingers crossed for you. I may need a quick trip to the UK to see my mum as she is not well but I am praying that she will stay ok while this stuff blows over. I am sure it will all be fine in the end.
thanks shirl, i'm doing my best to be positive but I just have such a sick feeling in my stomach!!! I had so much planned for her here. My 2 year old turns 3 and my 4 year old turns 5 while she is here and I also have a birthday too. Its also going to be mothers day here AND we have a special mother/daughter trip to Sydney for a few days planned. My almost 5 year old starts his very 1st day at school too while she is here so lots of special times to be had. Now I have said all that - I just wanna have a big cry!!!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

British airways did a test flight over the UK today and there where no problems

Neil
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shirl
Stay positive it could all blow over by then.
Sorry but that has tickled me.

We had made tentative plans to return to the UK almost immediately re family news but have now put that on hold.
After all your ups and downs I do hope your Mum arrives as soon as she can. Our parents are so precious .
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Sorry but that has tickled me.

We had made tentative plans to return to the UK almost immediately re family news but have now put that on hold.
After all your ups and downs I do hope your Mum arrives as soon as she can. Our parents are so precious .
haha I've such a knot in my stomach - I didnt even see the funny side of that comment!!! Hope you get to the UK bevs, your right - our parents are so precious and as it is I never get to spend any time with my mam and now I dont think I will get to spend any time. No news is good news I suppose!!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough

Dia duit!

Yup, I'm meant to be travelling from Dublin to Christchurch this Thursday and it looks incredibly unlikely....
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steez1982
Dia duit!

Yup, I'm meant to be travelling from Dublin to Christchurch this Thursday and it looks incredibly unlikely....
Dia duit a cara!!! Keep me updated how you get on - my mam is flying from Dublin too!!!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Our son Jack should have flown out from Manchester yesterday on 18th and be landing at Auckland on Tues 20th but flight was cancelled.
Who knows when flights will resume.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:24 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobDon
Our son Jack should have flown out from Manchester yesterday on 18th and be landing at Auckland on Tues 20th but flight was cancelled.
Awwww RobDon how disappointing for you all. Hopefully they'll start to shift again soon.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

mikisue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobDon
Is that the son who was so sad about you leaving last year? Gutted for you all. Will he be able to reschedule or are they using "act of God" excuse to keep the money?
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
I'm starting to panic a small bit as my mother is booked to fly out next friday from Ireland to New Zealand. I havnt seen her for such a long time and I'm really hoping she is going to make it but its not looking good. God it took me years to convince her to come here in the 1st place and now it looks like its just not going to happen.

Worst bit is my little boys are so excited about seeing her and I just hope I dont have to tell them that she wont make it now.

What are other people doing that plan to come here in very near future? What are the airlines saying? God I feel sick thinking about it all...........
The Law according to Sod strikes again

They seem to be getting some flights going so fingers crossed that your Mum will get here
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Latest news from internet!!!!!!!!!!

Airlines are resuming services at several airports in the UK and northern Europe, with flight restrictions set to be relaxed more widely from this afternoon.

Aviation officials are hopeful air traffic will return to normal by Thursday as the Icelandic volcano ash plume which has paralysed air travel appears to be easing.

Airports in northern England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Belgium, France and Germany are slowly grinding back into action and will allow planes back into the air from this afternoon.

Hopefully your Mum will arrive safely Irish-Eyes
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

New ash cloud coming I'm afraid....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8631144.stm
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikisue
Is that the son who was so sad about you leaving last year? Gutted for you all. Will he be able to reschedule or are they using "act of God" excuse to keep the money?
Yes thats was Jack.
Trying to get through to Emirates is like trying to find rockin horse poo at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.