Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is the Volcano ash going to ruin your plans?

Originally Posted by RobDon
Our son Jack should have flown out from Manchester yesterday on 18th and be landing at Auckland on Tues 20th but flight was cancelled.
Who knows when flights will resume.
ah I read some of your sons posts, it was so emotional for him, he sounds like such a sweet heart! I really hope that he gets to this side of the world as soon as possible!! keep me updated if you can!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
The Law according to Sod strikes again

They seem to be getting some flights going so fingers crossed that your Mum will get here
I'm getting dizzy now hearing so many reports!!!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirl
Latest news from internet!!!!!!!!!!

Airlines are resuming services at several airports in the UK and northern Europe, with flight restrictions set to be relaxed more widely from this afternoon.

Aviation officials are hopeful air traffic will return to normal by Thursday as the Icelandic volcano ash plume which has paralysed air travel appears to be easing.

Airports in northern England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Belgium, France and Germany are slowly grinding back into action and will allow planes back into the air from this afternoon.

Hopefully your Mum will arrive safely Irish-Eyes
Ta shirl!!! But its changing every bloomin hour now so its looking bad....
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
New ash cloud coming I'm afraid....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8631144.stm
keep up the good work mate!!! Even if it is NOT what I want to hear!! Time for an extra large glass of wine!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

JackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RobDon
Our son Jack should have flown out from Manchester yesterday on 18th and be landing at Auckland on Tues 20th but flight was cancelled.
Who knows when flights will resume.
There is always something putting a holt to our plans....I am in the UK... flew from Akl into Manchester on the 4th April....went to see my sister on the Wed 14th flew into Heathrow...but could not fly back on the Sunday..got a lift from a CID officer who was down seeing a family member.......So i am booked to come back on the 25th April with Singapore A/line....who know's if I will be on that flight!!!!....topsey turvey world with all these people in the wrong places.....finger crossed that it (Volcano) will decide to go back to sleep...And finally Jack will be united with you, and me with my hubby and family....

Last edited by JackandE; Apr 20th 2010 at 11:08 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough

No way Irish Eyes! Is your mam meant to be flying out on Thur as well?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackandE
There is always something putting a holt to our plans....I am in the UK... flew from Akl into Manchester on the 4th April....went to see my sister on the Wed 14th flew into Heathrow...but could not fly back on the Sunday..got a lift from a CID officer who was down seeing a family member.......So i am booked to come back on the 25th April with Singapore A/line....who know's if I will be on that flight!!!!....topsey turvey world with all these people in the wrong places.....finger crossed that it (Volcano) will decide to go back to sleep...And finally Jack will be united with you, and me with my hubby and family....
AND ME WITH MY MOTHER!!!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steez1982
No way Irish Eyes! Is your mam meant to be flying out on Thur as well?
she is meant to by flying out friday! Still no idea if that will happen - the waiting is killing me and its costing me a fortune in wine!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard on the local news that planes are going in and out of Heathrow so maybe all will be well, fingers crossed for you:fingerscrossed :
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Just heard on the local news that planes are going in and out of Heathrow so maybe all will be well, fingers crossed for you:fingerscrossed :
Thank you shirl! it is looking a bit better but my gut has HAD IT! and may have more to endure as she is still not on that plane! Funny thing is I did think last week before all this happened - god i cant beleive my aul mammy is going to get on a plane and fly so far to see us all and in the back of my mind I thought - well she aint on the plane yet so now with all this..........
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

For us the major problem is the pet shipping as we are not in the UK and thus the import to NZ regulations are a lot more complex and include all kinds of tests and treatments and a 30-day quarantine in a quarantine facility on arrival. We need to have a rabies test and countless other treatments done "within 30 days from export", and had already started the process when the ash cloud started creating problems. Now the pet cargo company can't confirm the preliminary reservations due to the ash cloud. I have no idea what happens if the "within 30 days of export" timeline runs out before we're able to send the animals on their way -I suppose we need to start the whole (expensive) process from the start again. I've just emailed MAF and explained the situation and asked if we can somehow apply for an extension to the timeline if we're not able to follow the original schedule.

I've just joined a Facebook group called "When I die, I want my ashes to be spread over Iceland". A petty revenge, but sweet still!
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Irish-Eyes What is the latest, is your Mum coming now then, I see all is getting back to normal gradually. Hope you have good news.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
ah I read some of your sons posts, it was so emotional for him, he sounds like such a sweet heart! I really hope that he gets to this side of the world as soon as possible!! keep me updated if you can!
We think Emirates are refunding the ticket costs, if so he is going to rebook in a couple of weeks when everything is back to normal.
We are all extremely dissapointed he couldnt fly but being realistic it was an "act of God" and we cant blame anyone for that.
At least we can still look forward to him coming over.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Irish-Eyes What is the latest, is your Mum coming now then, I see all is getting back to normal gradually. Hope you have good news.
she went into her travel agents on sat and is out for the night as I tried phoning her just now but shes out so it must be good news as she would of phoned me to say it was bad news!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.