Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

TRUCKERS WANTING SPONSORSHIP FOR NZ

TRUCKERS WANTING SPONSORSHIP FOR NZ

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:15 am
Just Joined

davidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TRUCKERS WANTING SPONSORSHIP FOR NZ

Hi everyone
I filled in an online application form for NZ4U and received this reply.....

Thanks so much for completing our on-line application form – here are a few things that you should note.
We did have a trip planned to the UK in October to conduct interviews. It is company policy to interview the whole family face to face before we offer you our package. We believe this is a family decision and all the family coming to NZ have to be happy with the decision.
At present we have put our planned October trip to the UK on hold as New Zealand Immigration have recently made a change to their Accredited employer policy that affects HGV drivers.
They have changed the minimum salary from $45,000 to $50,000 for a 40 hour week - this means you have to earn $50k for 40 hours per week with an accredited employer before you can apply for your Work to Residency Visa (WTR). This is the visa you work on for 2 years before applying for Permanent residency. The 3 year work visa that you apply for from the UK remains unchanged and you are still able to get this as long as you have a job offer in NZ. it is just when you get to NZ and want to work towards your permanent residency that you need to earn $50k for 40 hours with an accredited employer.
We do have employers who offer this salary and are accredited but most of them are Petrol Tanker companies and there are conditions applied to this - for example it may take you 2-3 years to get to the required salary with one of our employers.
We wanted to wait and see how this change affects our current drivers and the employers we have in NZ before we made another recruitment trip to the UK.
Let me know if you have any questions around this as I realise this is a complicated subject!

Looks like truckers are struggling to get in!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Phil01,

A chat is needed me thinks.......

Right, now I am going to pick your brains. (not literally of course)

So if I stick with the admin/accounts stuff, even though I have no formal quals for this, and then go work for the councils/hospital/police/fire etc I then can go WTR??

If thats the case.......stuff the transport side of things. I can pursue that at a later date when I get old and can boss the guys about

Nici

Last edited by kato33; Aug 23rd 2007 at 8:10 am. Reason: silly me
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by davidj247
Hi everyone
I filled in an online application form for NZ4U and received this reply.....

Thanks so much for completing our on-line application form – here are a few things that you should note.
We did have a trip planned to the UK in October to conduct interviews. It is company policy to interview the whole family face to face before we offer you our package. We believe this is a family decision and all the family coming to NZ have to be happy with the decision.
At present we have put our planned October trip to the UK on hold as New Zealand Immigration have recently made a change to their Accredited employer policy that affects HGV drivers.
They have changed the minimum salary from $45,000 to $50,000 for a 40 hour week - this means you have to earn $50k for 40 hours per week with an accredited employer before you can apply for your Work to Residency Visa (WTR). This is the visa you work on for 2 years before applying for Permanent residency. The 3 year work visa that you apply for from the UK remains unchanged and you are still able to get this as long as you have a job offer in NZ. it is just when you get to NZ and want to work towards your permanent residency that you need to earn $50k for 40 hours with an accredited employer.
We do have employers who offer this salary and are accredited but most of them are Petrol Tanker companies and there are conditions applied to this - for example it may take you 2-3 years to get to the required salary with one of our employers.
We wanted to wait and see how this change affects our current drivers and the employers we have in NZ before we made another recruitment trip to the UK.
Let me know if you have any questions around this as I realise this is a complicated subject!

Looks like truckers are struggling to get in!!
If there is one agency to avoid it is NZ4U...we applied to them in the first instance paid up, 2500.00 GBP never got a job from them and could only get part of our money back!

Not to mention they are currently in deep sh** a problem with diesel mechanics they gave them duff info on migration and the company that hired NZ4U to take the mechanics on has ended up footing the bill...hence try another agency!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kato33
Phil01,

A chat is needed me thinks.......

Right, now I am going to pick your brains. (not literally of course)

So if I stick with the admin/accounts stuff, even though I have no formal quals for this, and then go work for the councils/hospital/police/fire etc I then can go WTR??

If thats the case.......stuff the transport side of things. I can pursue that at a later date when I get old and can boss the guys about

Nici
Nici,
if you want PR your best bet is Auckland or Hamilton....loadsa jobs...but not a lot in the BOP. But having said that if you come over on hubbys visa you have got time to wait a while...well spend the summer on the beach checking out the jobs section!

Yes stick with the public sector (only because they are all accredited so it is smooth sailing for residency purposes and they pay enough for wtr) you have the skills and experience and from that you can do wtr! Don't worry you will get there, you just have to play the right game! I will pm you my number.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
Nici,
if you want PR your best bet is Auckland or Hamilton....loadsa jobs...but not a lot in the BOP. But having said that if you come over on hubbys visa you have got time to wait a while...well spend the summer on the beach checking out the jobs section!

Yes stick with the public sector (only because they are all accredited so it is smooth sailing for residency purposes and they pay enough for wtr) you have the skills and experience and from that you can do wtr! Don't worry you will get there, you just have to play the right game! I will pm you my number.
Hiya Debs,

That one reply has made me feel loads better. Cheers mate.
Rog don't want me working for 6 months to settle the kids in. Dont know if i can last that long not working but I will try

Nici
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kato33
Hiya Debs,

That one reply has made me feel loads better. Cheers mate.
Rog don't want me working for 6 months to settle the kids in. Dont know if i can last that long not working but I will try

Nici
You will....I did...ha ha! Daily walks down the beach FAB! We were here nearly a year before I got a job...well before I tried to get a job got the 2nd job I applied for so no worries enjoy the lifestyle!