Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

top 5 greatest albums

top 5 greatest albums

Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: top 5 greatest albums

For those hot steamy sessions that lead to a romp in the sack you can't do much better than Al Green's Call Me.

Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:55 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
For those hot steamy sessions that lead to a romp in the sack you can't do much better than Al Green's Call Me.

OMG........
/tries to put the avatar out of his mind/
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:16 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I have been woken out of my stupour by the potential of HappyNZ rolling around some sort of hessian bag gyrating to Al Green, here is a kinda Desert Island Discs take on a "top 5 albums" (as I'm thinking that compilations are OK so I can pick the top 5 and be listening to the singles, etc out of their original context -- yeah OK you got me I want to cheat and not miss out on some great tracks!):

Talking Heads - Sand In The Vaseline (bit like Once in A Lifetime, but with 2 CDs of their best rather than just one!!)

Elvis Costello - Girls, Girls, Girls (2 CD best of mainly with the Attrtactions)

This Are Two Tone - ye olde 2 Tone compliation with Stereotype, Too Experienced and other not so classical classics

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971

Queen - Live Killers (was going to go for The Platinum Collection - all the Greatest Hits Albums - but the last CD would make me weep!)

I know its cheating but heh, never mind the quality feel the width!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:31 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I...
Robbie - Live at Knebworth
We were there!

Best albums - here are a few of my faves:

Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Evanescence - Fallen
Embrace - Out of nothing
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
U2 - Joshua Tree,/ All that you can't leave behind
AC/DC - Back in Black
Coldplay - Eyes Open
Queen - Live at wembley
David Gray - White ladder
Robbie Williams - Escapology
Metallica - the black album
Keane - Hopes and Fears

I can't pick favourites!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
its a hard one,but bands from the past i love listening to(reminds me of my youth would have to be)

1...madness(one step beyond)
2...the jam.....(greatest hits)
3...meatloaf...(bat out of hell)

more up to date i like
4...stereophonic
5....maroon 5
..jacky
So does that mean you are heading into Auckland to see Maroon 5 in April? They should be good at the Vector Arena
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:03 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Pearl Jam - Ten
The Waifs - sink or swim
The Dresdon Dolls - Yes Virginia
System of a Down - Toxicity
Miles Davis - A kind of Blue
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Metallica - S&M
Eels - Electro Shock Blues (but all of the albums are fantastic!!)
Black Keys - Thickfreakiness
Gomez - Liquid Skin
Faithless - Reverence
De la Soul - Three feet high and Rising
Hundred Reasons - Ideas above our station

and so many more!!..
(if only the 1500 or so cds that me and Mrs bin share weren't still in the uk!!)
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nero
So does that mean you are heading into Auckland to see Maroon 5 in April? They should be good at the Vector Arena
hey didn't know they were playing,going to check out tickets right now..thanks....jacky
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
hey didn't know they were playing,going to check out tickets right now..thanks....jacky
http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/artist...k=tm_home_4_f1

Link above for Maroon 5 tickets and OMG Duran Duran will be coming to Aukland soon, now when I was 18 a few of my mates would have given anything to be there to see Simon!!!!!!!!

Jacky if you get tickets give us a shout as we will be there.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:31 am
Ewan

ewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really nice

Yes all this is good music. (with the exception of beautiful south. If theres one band thats full of egotistical twats then thats it, makes me cringe every time I hear their crappy excuse for music)

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Pink Floyd or the good lord Bob Dylan. Possibly the most influential musical genius of all time! Not to mention Nirvana, Ozric tenticles, Hendrix, Led Zep... the list goes on. I'm off to head for the stereo.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:34 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

ewanainsworth thinks it's good music, you call all sleep easy now people!

Anyway, today's Best Album Ever! is: Elastica - Elastica.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
ewanainsworth thinks it's good music, you call all sleep easy now people!

Anyway, today's Best Album Ever! is: Elastica - Elastica.
That is a great album. When you are stuck like glue - vaseline.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:40 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizard
That is a great album. When you are stuck like glue - vaseline.
That was the first track I heard on the John Peel show.

The rumour is that Damon Allbran (sic) wrote most of it.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz

Hmmmmmmmm...........a romp in the sack.................for me has to be Barry White................what a performer he was.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Hmmmmmmmm...........a romp in the sack.................for me has to be Barry White................what a performer he was.
That's another image I don't want to think about. Will need to be a big stretch of hessian to fit the luurrve crooner
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ewanainsworth
Yes all this is good music. (with the exception of beautiful south. If theres one band thats full of egotistical twats then thats it, makes me cringe every time I hear their crappy excuse for music)

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Pink Floyd or the good lord Bob Dylan. Possibly the most influential musical genius of all time! Not to mention Nirvana, Ozric tenticles, Hendrix, Led Zep... the list goes on. I'm off to head for the stereo.
excuse me. sorry . I hate Pink Floyd I have no idea why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.