Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

top 5 greatest albums

top 5 greatest albums

Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default top 5 greatest albums

5 In for the kill -Budgie ( Thunderous hard rock at its best)

4 Disraeli Gears - Cream ( when Clapton could still make decent music)

3 Trespass - Genesis ( Stagnation makes me cry everytime)

2 Physical Graffiti - Led zeppelin ( monster album)

1 The Last Waltz - The Band ( The ultimate and it marks the end of the greatest era in music before the world turned to shit)

There you have it. I posted this for myself really.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:31 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: top 5 greatest albums

Originally Posted by lizard View Post
5 In for the kill -Budgie ( Thunderous hard rock at its best)

4 Disraeli Gears - Cream ( when Clapton could still make decent music)

3 Trespass - Genesis ( Stagnation makes me cry everytime)

2 Physical Graffiti - Led zeppelin ( monster album)

1 The Last Waltz - The Band ( The ultimate and it marks the end of the greatest era in music before the world turned to shit)

There you have it. I posted this for myself really.
OK, where to go.........depends the mood you are in really
excellent new thread but I will have to have a think and get back to you....
BUT: favorite 3 TRACKS of all time:
Teardrop Explodes - Reward
The Stranglers - No More Heroes
Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army

And if that dates me.....so be it!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go with Karen's (with a nod to Lizard on the loudness front - as these the three tracks that I play the loudest in my office!) *to start with*:

Led Zep - Since I've Been Loving You - go on Johnnie boy get that pedal oiled!
Blur - This is a Low - from Parklife, all about the Shipping Forecast
and
Beethoven - 2nd Mov't from 7th Symphony - for all you Sean Connery/Charlotte Rampling fans! (hehe)

Last edited by lardyl; Jan 30th 2008 at 10:39 am.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:42 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

London Calling - The Clash

Facing Future - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits - Johnny Cash

The Harder They Come - Jimmy Cliff et al

Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull

De Bichos y Flores - La Vela Puerca

Re - Café Tacuba

This is off the top of my head...maybe not even my all-time favourites, but they'll do for now.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:05 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
Not a bad choice....but maybe 'Peaches'?

I have no idea what a greatest 5 would be.

The Fall/ Ian Dury/ The Smiths/ Aphex Twin/ Public Enemy??
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

its a hard one,but bands from the past i love listening to(reminds me of my youth would have to be)

1...madness(one step beyond)
2...the jam.....(greatest hits)
3...meatloaf...(bat out of hell)

more up to date i like
4...stereophonic
5....maroon 5
..jacky
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy
Johnny Cash - Live at San Quentin
Lemonheads - Its a Shame about Ray
Crowded House - Together Alone

Del Amitri - Waking Hours OR Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:27 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg View Post
its a hard one,but bands from the past i love listening to(reminds me of my youth would have to be)

1...madness(one step beyond)
2...the jam.....(greatest hits)
3...meatloaf...(bat out of hell)

more up to date i like
4...stereophonic
5....maroon 5
..jacky
ohhhh, liking your choices jacky...went to see Meatloaf play live at Harewood House {Leeds} before I headed over here; he is the ultimate showman
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Great song?

I have too many favourite albums that I can't think how to order them accordng to "greatness."

But a song that I think is "great" at the moment is by a kiwi band, SJD, called "Beautiful Haze" and is being used on the Monteith TV beer ads.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42O2AEDUXhA
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Re: top 5 greatest albums

I can only think of 4 at the moment

1. Newton Faulkner - Hand built by robots
2. Coldplay - Parachutes
3. Kings of Leon - Because of the times
4. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

We used have Meatloaf blasting out of the stereo on the way to school with my mum singing away to bat out of hell!!! Now thats an education!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:47 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by irnbru14 View Post
Del Amitri - Waking Hours OR Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Del amitri:
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How old?????

OK, where to go.........depends the mood you are in really
excellent new thread but I will have to have a think and get back to you....
BUT: favorite 3 TRACKS of all time:

And if that dates me.....so be it!!
It does my dear......it does.................
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

ohhhh, liking your choices jacky...went to see Meatloaf play live at Harewood House {Leeds} before I headed over here; he is the ultimate showman
hes one of these people who don't seem to have aged....you can watch him over and over again.....

i grew up with SKA music (Madness,Specials,The Selecter)
and i just love it,luckily Garry is the same age as me so he likes it too....jacky

Last edited by garryhg; Jan 30th 2008 at 11:52 am.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default My top five artists.........

Huuuuuuuuuuuumpppppppppp...............

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Beautiful South

The Eagles

and finally as you'd never believe me...................

Alice Cooper
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid View Post
Not a bad choice....but maybe 'Peaches'?

I have no idea what a greatest 5 would be.

The Fall/ Ian Dury/ The Smiths/ Aphex Twin/ Public Enemy??

Great! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*v*d drives me grumpy. "No Exceptions"

:curse::curse::curse:

*greatest 7 (used to love a lot)

Beethoven: Violin Concerto in D major, Op 61
Beethoven: 32 Piano Sonatas
Vaughan Williams : The Lark Ascending
Chopin: Ballade No 4 in F minor, Op 52
Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No 12 in C-sharp minor
Sir Edward Elgar: Violin Concerto in B minor, Op 61
Tchaikovsky: Variations on a Rococo Theme in A major, Op 33

Last edited by crap coffee; Jan 30th 2008 at 1:26 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.