Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:15 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We order them in here we're that posh!

2 planes made a smoke trail in the shape of a heart. My husband said "I asked them to do that for you my love ..."
"It's your arse ..."
If you're anything like me you'd have been wondering what he wanted if he left it at only the first bit Oh, that's worthy of repeating
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:15 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Batty
If you're anything like me you'd have been wondering what he wanted if he left it at only the first bit Oh, that's worthy of repeating

We've had third day of rain - and it's meant to get worse.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Blue skies,very warm sun.Sitting in garden reading a book when really should be doing stuff. No.1 son sent home from school with bad tummy ache,so need to look after him! Getting my fill of summer before we head to winter

Phyl x
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

We've had third day of rain - and it's meant to get worse.
Thankfully they got it wrong!! After horrendous downpour this morning (on Hubby and son loading car ) it'd blue skies and HOT sun ...
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:29 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Its a typical rugby test day here in Dunedin. Clear skies, 13-14 degrees, no wind. The place is rocking, plenty of visitors in town, cafes full, pubs warming up for a big ole night. Most restaurants will be opening til after midnight.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We would loved to have been there. Had to content ourselves with watching it on the TV.

Several days of very welcome downpours here. Our water tanks were somewhat dry.
Today is a cold but sunny day .
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:01 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKandy
Its blmn freezing, thats all I know
yeah yesterday was one hard one........

......frost that is. Even had to pour water over the windscreen to clear it - thick ice. A neighbour said that it was the worst they had seen here in 15 years on the coast.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......out of the sun it is pretty parky
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:10 am

What IS going on?! The last 2 winters we had 2 frosts ... this winter many, many more? Thankfully, blue skies and sunshine enough as the day progresses, but those mornings have been cold. And it seemed to start sooo much earlier than the last 2 winters? It's just not on ...

Mind you, the sky tonight is the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. Thousands of stars.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:28 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, getting lots of use out of my puffy jacket this winter.
Will have to get the gloves out soon...........
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Today was fine but really cold. The mountains were really sharp and clear which was wonderful given the snow on them. This morning was like a hoar frost and it didn't clear until after around 11am.

We were up well before 6 am this morning. Don't ask. Husband and work . The stars were HUGE are starry and bright and so beautiful . I haven't seen the like since I was a kid in Bournemouth or when we spent the night on a beach, waiting for a turtle or three, in Sri Lanka. It was wonderful and you know what ? We can see that again tonight if we want to..
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have a cold, frosty winter with blue skies & sun than the usual Auckland winter of rain & wind. Looking forward to having our heat pumps installed on Monday though.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:37 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'd rather have a cold, frosty winter with blue skies & sun than the usual Auckland winter of rain & wind. Looking forward to having our heat pumps installed on Monday though.
as long as it's still sunny during the day then that's OK, our house's heating system (that is 95% based on "solar gain") doesn't work too well otherwise......
enjoy the heat pump, I'll be thinking of you whilst huddled round my oil filled rad.......
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
as long as it's still sunny during the day then that's OK, our house's heating system (that is 95% based on "solar gain") doesn't work too well otherwise......
enjoy the heat pump, I'll be thinking of you whilst huddled round my oil filled rad.......
We are currently using that system too! If your very good I may let you take a peep at our heat pumps
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:49 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
We are currently using that system too! If your very good I may let you take a peep at our heat pumps
can I bring the kids? they sometimes need thawing out...........

one thing though, sharp mornings and a cold house sure encourage them to get their clothes on first thing!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lardyl

can I bring the kids? they sometimes need thawing out...........

one thing though, sharp mornings and a cold house sure encourage them to get their clothes on first thing!
I suppose so But aren't they quieter when frosted???? you can bring MrsL too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.