Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:32 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I suppose so But aren't they quieter when frosted???? you can bring MrsL too
hehe
MrsL is such "hot stuff" that you could use her instead of the heat pumps, and if you get the kids running around the place, we'll all be warmed up very quickly.....
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently using that system too! If your very good I may let you take a peep at our heat pumps
Can I come too? It's freezing in my house at the moment and the gas fire is just not doing it today
It'll only be little me as Mr Sue is in bed with what he thought was flu/swine flu/bird flu[fill in your current disease of the moment!], went to work and then the docs only to be told it was the common cold He's milking it as much as poss but I'm not falling for it...
Hmmm man flu!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Course you can come round Persephone-Sue Hell, let's have everyone round
Old Jun 21st 2009, 2:40 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Course you can come round Persephone-Sue Hell, let's have everyone round
Great, I'll bring some wine and dip Mr Sue is now in the land of the living and the house is still cold!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

For once I have to agree with Crapcoffee on Wellington weather, it has been flipping freezing in Wellington recently...often still sunny though with blue skies. My first two winters were certainly of the warmer variety....at the moment a house without an effective heating system must be very unpleasant indeed.

I fully needed my thick winter coat at yesterday's All Blacks Game even though we were undercover.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could go to this (beautiful) place to have coffee... on a horrible cold nasty day .. like today!

http://www.cosycoffeeshops.co.uk/200...ffee-co-e.html

Jeeze, I miss the UK again........I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous the place is!

the redhot - sounds very British to me! for some reason ............

she has a nice British accent though! lov'n it.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 21st 2009 at 12:21 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
For once I have to agree with Crapcoffee on Wellington weather, it has been flipping freezing in Wellington recently...often still sunny though with blue skies. My first two winters were certainly of the warmer variety....at the moment a house without an effective heating system must be very unpleasant indeed.

I fully needed my thick winter coat at yesterday's All Blacks Game even though we were undercover.
On saturday, I went out for a walk to get some fresh air, really didn't realize that how nasty the weather was. I usually walk very well in the rain & wind (You know I am used to live here for a long time) but obviously Saturday was NOT! Thought it would be all right to walk in the wind. Wrong! While walking on the water front - on my way to New World, thought it's SO TERRIBLE!!! can't walk any more and want to go home!!!!! I just felt it's SO NASTY, FREEZING and very uncomfortable!!! But I just couldn't return home, cos I had absolutely no food at home! anyway ended up walking for 4 hours outside on that day! No wonder my face is very dehydrated/extremely uncomfortable recently and got loads of wrinkles on face now! I think I usually walk too much even on a horrible cold day (It's an unhealthy habit though), but I don't look after myself at all!

Yes, we've got bad weather! Who's gonna say, "Nah"?

I know a guy called Jaron (an English, born in NZ), met him when I was 18 and loved him SO MUCH, but he left for London when he was 25 - I actually asked him why are you leaving Welly? His answer was... the B-A-D weather! Simple as that! He is a rubgy man, was working at Buddle Findlay and his salary wasn't bad as a litigation solicitor, but he said he doesn't want to stay here any longer for his furure (careerwise)! Not to mention the awful weather! I was incredibly sad when I heard he was leaving soon, and I seriously cried bucket on my way home! He is the first & last man I gave a "love letter"! sort of funny memory tho (related to the weather) and an utterly unforgettable person........in my life.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 22nd 2009 at 1:29 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by luvwelly
at the moment a house without an effective heating system must be very unpleasant indeed.

:
No wonder my bedroom temperature was 10 °C when I woke up this morning. thought I was going to frozen to death when I stepped into the shower
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:14 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Today's Weather ...

My flatmate de-frosted the windows on my car the other day with a hose and started it for me (we carpool, very modern you know...). By the time I got out of the house the windows where covered by a sheet of ice . The whole ice thing has annoyed me so much I had a poke around in the chemical store and made up a strong ethylene glycol mixture that will de-ice the windscreen in seconds .

I won't tell you how I clean the shower and bath but lets just say it's very quick and painless indeed (and a bit dangerous ).
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Jeeze, I miss the UK again...
Why?

I always idolised Britain growing up, living in Ireland it looked like an Eden of plenty (I was from Herefordshire after all) that would eternally provide. I read about its long history of liberty and self government, its enduring ability to bring law, trade and government across the world. It was more than a geographical outline on a map to me, it was an idea and a belief that a systematic liberation of the people was the way to govern. Not an imperialist view to be forced on others but to be given to them with the best intentions and share a meeting of cultures.

However now in truth the Britain of today isn’t even worthy of the name really much less pining over. Our price for freedom was to be the lapdog of superstates, to endure an exist by their permission and in return be reduced to little more than a pawn. Perhaps now we even that freedom will eventually decay and we’ll just be known as “Europe”. Any of the “British” principals, standards, values or morals that my ancestors lived by have been eroded now and all we have is a humiliating mock we put on to convince each other that in some way we still matter. Perhaps the truth is too painful to bare, we would prefer the dream to waking up to a grim reality of a benign and pointless existence. Iraq and Afghanistan will look like ridiculous crusades to our children, they will ask how we forgot that wars where won by fighting rather than frightening the public about terrorists in a desperate bid to put pressure on the proletariat to see a very small group of people as enemies. Liberty is a dirty word in politics now, they see questions around the wellbeing of Susan Boyle as more important than how they’ve squandered the taxes of the middle class. If I’m antipatriotic it’s only because I was someone who believed in Britain but was made modest by reality.
[/rant]
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Why?

I always idolised Britain growing up, living in Ireland it looked like an Eden of plenty (I was from Herefordshire after all) that would eternally provide. I read about its long history of liberty and self government, its enduring ability to bring law, trade and government across the world. It was more than a geographical outline on a map to me, it was an idea and a belief that a systematic liberation of the people was the way to govern. Not an imperialist view to be forced on others but to be given to them with the best intentions and share a meeting of cultures.

However now in truth the Britain of today isn’t even worthy of the name really much less pining over.

Liberty is a dirty word in politics now, they see questions around the wellbeing of Susan Boyle as more important than how they’ve squandered the taxes of the middle class. If I’m antipatriotic it’s only because I was someone who believed in Britain but was made modest by reality.

[/rant]
HOLY CRAAAAAAAP!

To cut a long story short, cos I have to finish my work shortly before going home.

Hey, who said I don't agree with you? I do - EVERYTHING what you said!!!! Clearly, it does make sense to me. You have no idea how much that winds me up? - The Britain as of today! It does break my heart! Reading your notes, it literally makes me terrible - The dark side of Britain - Politics IS a dirty business. And do you know about Britian's DIRTY Diplomacy? The astonishing inside story - after reading the UK current affair magazine some time ago, thought What The Hell Is This All About?!!!........

I didn't grow up in the UK, so practically speaking I don't know much of unpleasant stuff about Britain like you do (not sure this is good or bad!? think if I lived there for most of my life then I probably would get fed up living there as well like most of you guys ??) - I was born in the UK while Dad was doing his ph.d in Edinburgh then we left, so I have no idea or memories about the place, cos I was only a toddler. One of the reason I went to Scotland was, because my dad studied there, and me being born in there, that's why I wanted to go there! Otherwise I probably would have gone to LSE in London. but hey, I don't have a kind of illusion or fantasy about Britain - not at all, but I admire the (old/classic) British culture, love local British people, the British landscape, beautiful green parks and British composers! all I think is it's a horrible place (now) to be in in many ways. and I particulary have a fear of violent Muslims - it does bother me a LOT. If the UK doesn't have such kind of problems then I (already) probably wouldn't be here you know.......!

Sorry off topic here - Incidentally, my partner; Paul - he was originally from Herefordshire as well, though I met him at the university dance party while we were doing masters! btw I wonder about your accent when you speak. He has a nice soft English accent - I really love his accent though. Wonder you might have a similar accent ? (Because I've never ever seen anybody who speaks like him! - slightly similar to Hugh Grant) I am so curious about local British accents though! Stupidly I am so interested in such a silly thing. think if Paul had an ugly/unattractive accent then I probably wouldn't have talked to him at all in the first place! The thing is he moved to Edinburgh when he was 18 years old, but his accent hasn't changed at all! (only 2 years older than me though!) I think it's very interesting!

If what you said is completely true,,,,?? then I/we all should stay here forever then, eh? rest of our lives? - that's miserable to think about. staying here for rest of my life!? oh, no. Not sure if that's what I want to do? Otherwise where to go? ?

I really, really don't know what to do - stay here or leave?

hey, stop it. please. Makes me want to cry.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 22nd 2009 at 8:54 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Why?

However now in truth the Britain of today isn’t even worthy of the name really much less pining over. Our price for freedom was to be the lapdog of superstates, to endure an exist by their permission and in return be reduced to little more than a pawn. Perhaps now we even that freedom will eventually decay and we’ll just be known as “Europe”. Any of the “British” principals, standards, values or morals that my ancestors lived by have been eroded now and all we have is a humiliating mock we put on to convince each other that in some way we still matter. Perhaps the truth is too painful to bare, we would prefer the dream to waking up to a grim reality of a benign and pointless existence. Iraq and Afghanistan will look like ridiculous crusades to our children, they will ask how we forgot that wars where won by fighting rather than frightening the public about terrorists in a desperate bid to put pressure on the proletariat to see a very small group of people as enemies. Liberty is a dirty word in politics now, they see questions around the wellbeing of Susan Boyle as more important than how they’ve squandered the taxes of the middle class. If I’m antipatriotic it’s only because I was someone who believed in Britain but was made modest by reality.
[/rant]
Cor, this is a bit heavy. I thought we were just being jolly British & talking about the weather
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:41 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Cor, this is a bit heavy. I thought we were just being jolly British & talking about the weather
yeah

back on OT: "(k)now it's parky but musn't complain..............."

and

"used to dream of living in a chilly bin when I were't lad........
would've been a palace to uzss........."

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:30 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Today's Weather ...

I particulary have a fear of violent Muslims - it does bother me a LOT.
I wouldn't bother, terrorism is very unlikely to be your demise and under most other governments of the past Brits where asked not to panick or change their normal lives (in the case of the IRA for instance who where far better at the bombing thing than these religious pretenders).
btw I wonder about your accent when you speak.
Accent? I don't have an accent .

Oooo, that accent. Yes, we all speak like we're drinking cider.
If what you said is completely true,,,,?? then I/we all should stay here forever then, eh? rest of our lives? - that's miserable to think about. staying here for rest of my life!? oh, no. Not sure if that's what I want to do? Otherwise where to go? ?

I really, really don't know what to do - stay here or leave?

hey, stop it. please. Makes me want to cry.
Isn't the fabulous thing about being an expat that you can live where you want? Frankly my problem isn't that I have nowhere to go but that I want to try living almost everywhere (excluding North Korea perhaps ). More and more professionals will live in countries that offer them the best quality of life rather than being tied to the place of their birth.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

beautiful today , sunny out. going to take lucy to zoo me thinks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.