Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Was there anything

Was there anything

Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:22 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was there anything

Originally Posted by Spudgun
A return ticket to the UK.
or at least the money in the bank to fund it, plus the container, plus the depreciated this that and the other.........
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:58 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We brought everything and now have 4 dishwashers?!

Don't bring your car - not worth it.

We also did a huge 2 trolley Tesco/Asda clothes shop before we left which I'm pleased we did. I forgot new bedlinen and towels though?!
A trolley cruise around Tesco/Asda etc. is a brilliant idea - we sorta did the same and stocked up on glassware and some new duvets, cotton bed linen and towels

Wish I'd bought a few more decent kids clothes (ours are still using their H&M stuff which never seems to wear out) trainers and SOCKS.....kids cotton socks (in both NZ and OZ) are crap and wear out very quickly.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

M&S and stock up on Undies/Socks

Shoes, they are generally expensive here and there is really not the choice or range, I miss Clarks or Jones or someone decent!

Waterproof jackets, again unless you get a sale this kinda stuff is quite expensive, so if you like to do outdoors stuff and have some decent gear, bring it over with you, there is a good selection of outdoor shops mind you, and there are generally sales on

If you have decent sunglasses make sure you pack them, or buy some at the airport on the way out

Books are shockingly expensive here, so bring out your favs and stock up on 3 for 2's at Waterstones or somewhere

T-shirts and shorts and jandals and stuff like that you can get til they come out of your ears here though