Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

surprised nobody has mentioned the hammer attack?

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: surprised nobody has mentioned the hammer attack?

Fair enough. What would you consider an appropriate thread then? Give me a suitable topic.

Why is it that if you bring up a problem with NZ society you are invited to "find somewhere else to live?"

Don't be so precious.

Oh, I think I just found what you consider an appropriate thread. Cheap airfares...
Utterly predictable.....

You carry on with your paranoia on crime and the rest of will get on with life while being fully aware that, amazingly enough, there's crime and criminals out there.

The point you raise about being told to live elsewhere is going to be put to you again and again no matter how long you've lived here as a response to someone who seems to have such a problem with a particular aspect of the country.

You as an individual can do little about the crime issues so you either put up with it while taking 'reasonable' precautions or you don't. If you don't then i guess you're back to finding somewhere else........?

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 22nd 2007 at 5:21 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:22 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
...Why is it that if you bring up a problem with NZ society you are invited to "find somewhere else to live?" ...
don't worry its just the last resort of that particular mindset and we have all heard it before
/knocks the table hoping the needle will jump on/
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:31 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Utterly predictable.....

You carry on with your paranoia on crime and the rest of will get on with life while being fully aware that, amazingly enough, there's crime and criminals out there.

The point you raise about being told to live elsewhere is going to be put to you again and again not matter how long you've lived here as a response to someone who seems to have such a problem with a particular aspect of the country.

You as an individual can do little about the crime issues so you either put up with it while taking 'reasonable' precautions or you don't. If you don't then i guess you're back to finding somewhere else........?
Funny. Like your "love it or leave it" stance. Why am I being paranoid about talking about child abuse, about people having their heads caved in with a hammer, about a child put in a tumble drier?

Laughable.

Now, i'll leave you to post your thoughts on how to get a cheap flight to Fiji, and leave this pointless thread for those of us concerned about child abuse and crime.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
don't worry its just the last resort of that particular mindset and we have all heard it before
/knocks the table hoping the needle will jump on/
Keep banging it hard enough and hopefully the broken record some keep playing here will skip on....
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by danny.f
Nice to see a constructive argument.
That's what makes the difference

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hope nobody ends it before the namby pamby squiffy jiffy turdy wurdy knobby jocky comes in and says 'Ah Jesus,BE is heading into anarchy,they're at each other's throat' bollocks.
That'll be me and the BE rules then
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:34 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Well I also agree this is a pointless thread and one thats just been brought up to be hijaked with the debate over child abuse yet again.

To say I dont care (thats me personally) is insulting when I do care the differance is it dont affect me which I have found if an issue dont affect someone then they dont care either. Not a lot a bunch of Migrants and would be migrants is going to have much of an effect on it anyways.

If you want to make people believe a hammer weilding lunatic is around every corner and you should worry every time you go out thien this is the way to go.

You started this thread with

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anybody read about the English migrant who was killed with a hammer?

He came from Leeds and his folks said they thought NZ was safer than England.
Well until you posted that I did not know and to be honest I dont care simply because it dont affect me.

Suppose it could be worrying that New Zealand has one of the highest prison population per capita? Does that affect me? Not really.

Does it worry me that Tourists are so nieve to leave there belonging in cars in New Zealand then cry out in surprise the car gets broken into? Yes and no.

Does anyone care that work is being taken by WHVs? Not really

Do I believe you would be nieve to come to New Zealand and not expect some kind of crime? Absoluatly.

Time to move to Antartica maybe
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Now, i'll leave you to post your thoughts on how to get a cheap flight to Fiji, and leave this pointless thread for those of us concerned about child abuse and crime.

Well done let us know when you solve the many problems of this, a diverse society.......

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 22nd 2007 at 5:40 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Although it has become OT......
One point no-one seems to have developed is that whatever we think of child abuse and how it may or may not affect us directly we all need to think of the consequences that will affect us all as the abused very often become the abuser in later life - then that next-generation abuser may well come across you, your kids, your friends & family or their kids......
Anyway one for another thread I suppose - BTW, anyone see the cricket???

/reminded of famous Crowded House song which record stylus has just landed on/
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:51 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lardyl
Although it has become OT......
One point no-one seems to have developed is that whatever we think of child abuse and how it may or may not affect us directly we all need to think of the consequences that will affect us all as the abused very often become the abuser in later life - then that next-generation abuser may well come across you, your kids, your friends & family or their kids......
Anyway one for another thread I suppose - BTW, anyone see the cricket???

/reminded of famous Crowded House song which record stylus has just landed on/
I think certain people have got a bit defensive about child abuse/crime on this thread.

I guess i'll pack my bags for Antartica
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:02 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

I thought the thread was to do with Hammer Attacks?

Which reminds me my daughter likes swinging a hammer about does that make here a Abusive Child or a future Child Abuser

Then again since she swings a hammer and sometimes it hits her daddy does that make her a nammer weilding Kiwi that attacks Englishmen

mingusdynasty, Departs Christchurch starts a regular service in October nice long sunny days.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Not defensive about it, its an awful thing to happen to any individual or family and i can understand how some people get so worried about crime.

I've personally dealt with the victims of abuse, rape, murder and many other serious crimes plus a huge number of families affected by fatal road incidents face to face its not nice!!!

Its happens, some crimes more in some places than others, where ever you live.......fact....sadly

As Colin says if it does not affect me and i take reasonable measures to ensure as best i can that it doesn't, i don't worry about. It does not mean like Colin i don't care about it and i can vividly remember many emotional days and sleepless nights remembering incidents i've had to relsolve in days gone by.

That truely is my last contribution........

Ps. the moon is nice i've heard
(joke by the way)
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

My first day back in my home town in the UK last October and guy was given such a "kicking" out side a pub, he didn't regain counsciousness and died the following day. All caught on CCTV

Gill
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
My first day back in my home town in the UK last October and guy was given such a "kicking" out side a pub, he didn't regain counsciousness and died the following day. All caught on CCTV

Gill
shocking. Funny, last time I was back in my local I saw a pub fight.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Not defensive about it, its an awful thing to happen to any individual or family and i can understand how some people get so worried about crime.

I've personally dealt with the victims of abuse, rape, murder and many other serious crimes plus a huge number of families affected by fatal road incidents face to face its not nice!!!

Its happens, some crimes more in some places than others, where ever you live.......fact....sadly

As Colin says if it does not affect me and i take reasonable measures to ensure as best i can that it doesn't, i don't worry about. It does not mean like Colin i don't care about it and i can vividly remember many emotional days and sleepless nights remembering incidents i've had to relsolve in days gone by.

That truely is my last contribution........

Ps. the moon is nice i've heard
(joke by the way)
Wow. For such a pointless thread you have had quite a say...
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
I thought the thread was to do with Hammer Attacks?

Which reminds me my daughter likes swinging a hammer about does that make here a Abusive Child or a future Child Abuser

Then again since she swings a hammer and sometimes it hits her daddy does that make her a nammer weilding Kiwi that attacks Englishmen

mingusdynasty, Departs Christchurch starts a regular service in October nice long sunny days.
Love to visit the south pole. MAybe you could start a collection?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.