STEP CHILDREN

Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:19 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STEP CHILDREN

With a Youngest of 12, and two older ones, If the kids want to go, I really dont think you have a huge amount to worry about.

Cafcass always interview the children, and they do put into the report what the children want. My two were actually asked if they had a message for the court, and they both said 'We love XXX (stepdad) to bits and we really want to go and live in america'

At 300 quid for an initial appointment I'd want every damn letterhead embossed with diamonds! Mine was around 170 an hour I think, and he was great - really knew his stuff.

Our case in total eventually came to around 5000, and it went to the final directions hearing before going to contested, so it is an expensive Job, but bear in mind once you have done it, its done, and you really cant do anything without it so it may be worth getting the permission and possibly saving up again to move once you have it in hand.

Dont forget to check and see if you can get legal aid. On a plus side, if Cafcass were to side with you, and say yes, they think that the children should be allowed to leave the juresdiction, and your ex still says no - tell him you will sue for costs, as he is going against the advice of the professionals!! :P
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Mama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant future

Thankyou so much for your help - you're right of course - we really want this so I'm fired up for the fight now! xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 4:29 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

How's everyone getting on..... any news or developments?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
How's everyone getting on..... any news or developments?
Hiya,
Nothing new here. Just waiting for OH and my trip to NZ on 19th Oct to gather all the schooling and job info. EX continues to be a pain and upset his daughter, seems he is focusing solely on number 1 son and keeping him on side.
Hope Mama40 is having more luck?
Chin up everyone,
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Mama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant future

It's looking good and I'm feeling positive. I wrote him a letter telling him what we planned and got a letter back from his solicitor saying he wanted to know about schooling contact etc (as expected). To be honest it sounded as if the solicitor has written the letter as a matter of course and when I showed my solicitor she said the same, that basically they have written this standard letter but will have told him that if I provide all the info needed he won't have a leg to stand on if it goes to court because the boys are old enough to say what they want to do!
My solicitor has written back and we are waiting for a reply! I need to know now exactly what form I need him to sign, or do I just need a signed letter?
Many thanks. Mama x
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mama40
It's looking good and I'm feeling positive. I wrote him a letter telling him what we planned and got a letter back from his solicitor saying he wanted to know about schooling contact etc (as expected). To be honest it sounded as if the solicitor has written the letter as a matter of course and when I showed my solicitor she said the same, that basically they have written this standard letter but will have told him that if I provide all the info needed he won't have a leg to stand on if it goes to court because the boys are old enough to say what they want to do!
My solicitor has written back and we are waiting for a reply! I need to know now exactly what form I need him to sign, or do I just need a signed letter?
Many thanks. Mama x
Hey, looking good, well done
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mama40
Many thanks. Mama x
Hi,
What we got was a signed letter of consent that was countersigned by a notary figure i.e solicitor, stating our intentions to remove the children from the UK.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:51 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squiddley
Hi,
What we got was a signed letter of consent that was countersigned by a notary figure i.e solicitor, stating our intentions to remove the children from the UK.
Hi, what happens after you receive a signed / agreed statement? I'm not sure on the process and wondered if someone could shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Hi, what happens after you receive a signed / agreed statement? I'm not sure on the process and wondered if someone could shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks.
Hi...my understanding,and according to the ITA,you just enclose the signed statement,which gives you the authority to remove the children out of jurisdiction,which is signed by the person giving there permission for removal,and witnessed by a solicitor...
Hope this helps....

Just PM me if you want any more information....
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:07 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...my understanding,and according to the ITA,you just enclose the signed statement,which gives you the authority to remove the children out of jurisdiction,which is signed by the person giving there permission for removal,and witnessed by a solicitor...
Hope this helps....

Just PM me if you want any more information....
That's great thanks. For some reason I thought it then had to go to court to make it official - perhaps that's only if the ex contests?

So in summary
a) you get a letter from ex giving approval for children to be take abroad
b) you submit this with all evidence of spouse visa
c) Get medicals & police checks done
d) wait for visa and then go when it arrives

Have I missed anything?

Thanks again for your help
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
That's great thanks. For some reason I thought it then had to go to court to make it official - perhaps that's only if the ex contests?

So in summary
a) you get a letter from ex giving approval for children to be take abroad
b) you submit this with all evidence of spouse visa
c) Get medicals & police checks done
d) wait for visa and then go when it arrives

Have I missed anything?

Thanks again for your help
Yeah...
Think thats about it...along with all the other stuff you have to submit for your visa,as explained on your ITA guide ....
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:10 am

Yeah...
Think thats about it...along with all the other stuff you have to submit for your visa,as explained on your ITA guide ....
Cheers for your help

Good luck with yours too!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

klaney2006 will become famous soon enoughklaney2006 will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone ...

I'm fairly new to the site, so I'm still finding my feet around the forums. I have posted a similar thread in the Americas forum. I am in a similar position as almost everyone in here ... My (low down, good for nothing, waste of space, poor excuse for something that may somewhat resemble a dog .. but that would be too cruel to the dog) .. oh sorry... ex husband has NO contact or has not contributed to anything to our daughter in 8 years (no calls, b'day cards, visits, child support nada). He last saw when she was 10 months old. She's now 8 and knows nothing about her bio dad, my current partner who I am engaged too, (and am planning our wedding next year May) adores her and wishes to adopt her and vice versa. I thought I had all my i's dotted and all my t's crossed, until we realized that we would have to get his permission to leave for our new life. Anyway to cut a extremely long and boring story short ... he got in touch via solicitor in Aug 08, after all this time with no contact through the years, (Its almost like he is psyhic, he knew when to rear his ugly head) requesting a visitation order stating that he "missed his daughter", "wants to be in her life" blah blah blah. He also stated that he had tried to contact me over the years but my parents had refused to let him know where I was and that I had changed my landline number etc. All of it lies and I blasted him out of the water when he tripped himself up in his solicitors letter, when he said I had moved house but yet he's sending a solicitor letter to the same house where he told the solicitor I'd moved from .. Doh!!! (He missed the que when brains were being handed out). We wrote through solicitors telling him to **** off. He refuses to state where he is living, so I have no way of contacting him to get his permission, although I know its a pretty pointless as he will refuse permission, just to spite me. In short what should I do .. I've taken a lot of information from this forum and I have a lot to get my teeth into. I love the pack idea and have started to collate information towards it. I apologize for the length of this .. just trying to get as much as info as poss, congrats to all those that were successful. Any info would be muchly appreciated.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by klaney2006
Hi Everyone ...

I'm fairly new to the site, so I'm still finding my feet around the forums. I have posted a similar thread in the Americas forum. I am in a similar position as almost everyone in here ... My (low down, good for nothing, waste of space, poor excuse for something that may somewhat resemble a dog .. but that would be too cruel to the dog) .. oh sorry... ex husband has NO contact or has not contributed to anything to our daughter in 8 years (no calls, b'day cards, visits, child support nada). He last saw when she was 10 months old. She's now 8 and knows nothing about her bio dad, my current partner who I am engaged too, (and am planning our wedding next year May) adores her and wishes to adopt her and vice versa. I thought I had all my i's dotted and all my t's crossed, until we realized that we would have to get his permission to leave for our new life. Anyway to cut a extremely long and boring story short ... he got in touch via solicitor in Aug 08, after all this time with no contact through the years, (Its almost like he is psyhic, he knew when to rear his ugly head) requesting a visitation order stating that he "missed his daughter", "wants to be in her life" blah blah blah. He also stated that he had tried to contact me over the years but my parents had refused to let him know where I was and that I had changed my landline number etc. All of it lies and I blasted him out of the water when he tripped himself up in his solicitors letter, when he said I had moved house but yet he's sending a solicitor letter to the same house where he told the solicitor I'd moved from .. Doh!!! (He missed the que when brains were being handed out). We wrote through solicitors telling him to **** off. He refuses to state where he is living, so I have no way of contacting him to get his permission, although I know its a pretty pointless as he will refuse permission, just to spite me. In short what should I do .. I've taken a lot of information from this forum and I have a lot to get my teeth into. I love the pack idea and have started to collate information towards it. I apologize for the length of this .. just trying to get as much as info as poss, congrats to all those that were successful. Any info would be muchly appreciated.
Hi ..
I started this thread off some months ago...
If you get a chance have a read through some of the threads, their is some good information also some links to some very good websites..

All i can say is keep a record of everything,communication wise..
After reading your thread i think you have a good case,but at the end of the day you will have to get his permission...
Just keep smiling ,you'll get there...its worth it
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

paul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant future

hi mate sorry to hear about that mate i know how much you was looking forward to it, i went to see my step daughters dad and managed to get him to see sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he dosent even bother with her so i made sure it wasent a problem!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.