Speaking Kiwi

Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speaking Kiwi

Originally Posted by irnbru14
If you are going to ask its safer to assume they are Kiwi or Canadian and get it wrong than to accuse a Kiwi of being a Aussie or a Canadian of being a Yank
I know..... Best not to ask I think. I have a half brother who is an Aussie. A full bro who is now a yank....they all think it is hilarious I going to NZ.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:48 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Thanks Irnbru,
Great thread! I was only a visitor to Wellington for four months this year, it`s my second visit and I reckon the mayor got it right when she said "Wellington is the greatest little capital city in the world!" I miss the sea, my Wellington son is a keen fisherman so I was taken to all the fishing spots, I liked Eastbourne but was told "it`s not the best place to fish!"
By the way, I did note there is "something" between the Kiwis and Aussies, do you think it`s good natured and just a bit of fun?
Pat.

Originally Posted by irnbru14
If you are going to ask its safer to assume they are Kiwi or Canadian and get it wrong than to accuse a Kiwi of being a Aussie or a Canadian of being a Yank
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:53 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

I don`t know if you`ve been yet but it`s a lovely country with great people, my other half wanted to go and live on the Kapiti coast after our visit in 2005, unfortunately we lost him last October, hence my long stay from last January to early May, had he still been here I think we would have gone but I will just be visiting now. Good luck to you.
Pat,
North Yorkshire.

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
I know..... Best not to ask I think. I have a half brother who is an Aussie. A full bro who is now a yank....they all think it is hilarious I going to NZ.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
I don`t know if you`ve been yet but it`s a lovely country with great people, my other half wanted to go and live on the Kapiti coast after our visit in 2005, unfortunately we lost him last October, hence my long stay from last January to early May, had he still been here I think we would have gone but I will just be visiting now. Good luck to you.
Pat,
North Yorkshire.
Oh Pat I am sorry to hear of your loss (((hugs)))

No we haven't been. We are going to Whakatane. Little place on the water in Bay of Plenty. Superb fishing, so OH very happy. He's also a Marine engineer so a good spot for him I think.

Thank you so much for you good wishes...same to you too Hun x
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

LucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud of

When I was here earlier in the year and staying with a Kiwi friend, his 90 year old father constantly ribbed me about my accent (Surrey with hints of Sarf London) and suggested I should learn to speak Englsh properly - and yis he meant it!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:17 pm
kamburu pat

Red face Re: Speaking Kiwi

I realise this is slightly off topic but when I watch the BBC North programme and the sports news comes on, you can be almost certain that when a rugby league player or coach is interviewed, they will be either an Aussie or a Kiwi! Of course the Welsh rugby union team have Warren Gatland as their coach. If there is anybody here from St. Helen`s, Wakefield, or other well known teams, they will tell me to keep quiet on this one!
Pat.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

marie22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Been a while since this was last posted ... enjoy.

How to Speak New Zulander
(for bist effict, rid these out aloud)

Milburn - capital of Victoria
Peck - to fill a suitcase
pissed aside - chemical which kills insects
pigs - for hanging out washing with
pug - large pink animal with a curly tail
nin tin dough - computer game
munnwe stroney - soup
min- male of the species
mess kara - eye makeup
mcKennock - person who fixes cars
Mere - Mayor
leather - foam produced from soap
lift - departed
Kiri Pecker - famous Australian businessman
kittle crusps - potato chips
Ken's - Cairns
jungle bills - Christmas carol
inner me - enemy
guess - vapour
fush - marine creature
fitter cheney - type of pasta
ever cardeau - avocado
fear hear - blonde
ear - mix of nitrogen and oxygen
ear roebucks - exercise at gym
duffy cult - not easy
amejen - visualise
chuck - very young poultry
bug hut - popular recording
bun button - been bitten by insect
beard - a place to sleep
sucks peck - half a dozen beers
Ear New Zulland - an extinct airline
beers - large savage animals found in U.S. forests
veerjun - mythical New Zealand maiden
one doze - well known computer program
brudge - structure spanning a stream
sex - one less then sivven
tin - one more then nine
iggs ecktly - precisely
cuds - children
cuttin - baby cat
sivven sucks sivven - large Boeing aircraft
sivven four sivven - larger Boeing aircraft
earplane - large flying marchine
beggage chucken - place to leave your suitcase at the earport
Thank you. This made us laugh out loud. Was even better after a couple of glasses of wine -
Marie
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
I realise this is slightly off topic but when I watch the BBC North programme and the sports news comes on, you can be almost certain that when a rugby league player or coach is interviewed, they will be either an Aussie or a Kiwi! Of course the Welsh rugby union team have Warren Gatland as their coach. If there is anybody here from St. Helen`s, Wakefield, or other well known teams, they will tell me to keep quiet on this one!
Pat.
I'm from St.Helens & it doesn't have an apostrophe in it, drives me nuts does that
Old Aug 12th 2009, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

LucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud of

Nor does it have a . after the St! Which is in fact both grammatically wrong and wrong for the town.
Makes you wonder if it isn't St Helen's town then does that mean it refers to more than one St Helen, and then shouldn't it be Saints Helen rather than Saint Helens!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyS
Nor does it have a . after the St! Which is in fact both grammatically wrong and wrong for the town.
Makes you wonder if it isn't St Helen's town then does that mean it refers to more than one St Helen, and then shouldn't it be Saints Helen rather than Saint Helens!!
Does in the St.Helens I come from
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Ooh so it does must be something to do with it being a title rather than just an abbreviation. Hence technically Ms. Smith not Ms Smith though wouldn't normally do that these days.

Well day not wasted I've learnt something

Nearly bought a car too
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Ere's ow too spake propa......

Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Ere's ow too spake propa......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrIqSlt9PXg
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Been a while since this was last posted ... enjoy.

How to Speak New Zulander
(for bist effict, rid these out aloud)

Milburn - capital of Victoria
Peck - to fill a suitcase
pissed aside - chemical which kills insects
pigs - for hanging out washing with
pug - large pink animal with a curly tail
nin tin dough - computer game
munnwe stroney - soup
min- male of the species
mess kara - eye makeup
mcKennock - person who fixes cars
Mere - Mayor
leather - foam produced from soap
lift - departed
Kiri Pecker - famous Australian businessman
kittle crusps - potato chips
Ken's - Cairns
jungle bills - Christmas carol
inner me - enemy
guess - vapour
fush - marine creature
fitter cheney - type of pasta
ever cardeau - avocado
fear hear - blonde
ear - mix of nitrogen and oxygen
ear roebucks - exercise at gym
duffy cult - not easy
amejen - visualise
chuck - very young poultry
bug hut - popular recording
bun button - been bitten by insect
beard - a place to sleep
sucks peck - half a dozen beers
Ear New Zulland - an extinct airline
beers - large savage animals found in U.S. forests
veerjun - mythical New Zealand maiden
one doze - well known computer program
brudge - structure spanning a stream
sex - one less then sivven
tin - one more then nine
iggs ecktly - precisely
cuds - children
cuttin - baby cat
sivven sucks sivven - large Boeing aircraft
sivven four sivven - larger Boeing aircraft
earplane - large flying marchine
beggage chucken - place to leave your suitcase at the earport

Am Loohah, I gave this to a friend of mine who was going to the UK for her son's wedding. She took it to the hens night and they had a great time with it between glasses of champers.

I just love the beggage chucken.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a kiwi show on TV about neighbours from hell and one bloke said that his neighbour drove up to his 'dick' late at night and was beeping and flashing his lights.

This is a giggle too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.