Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

Old May 14th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

My OH has had a call from a guy in Rotorua with a job offer (well I think it was an offer anyway)

I have heard that it smells of sulphur in the area but is that the whole of rotorua

I imagine that we will have to live in this area and dont particuarly want to have a rotten egg smell all the time. OH wont be pleased, obviously.

Kato33
Old May 14th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all
Default Re: Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

Originally Posted by kato33
My OH has had a call from a guy in Rotorua with a job offer (well I think it was an offer anyway)

I have heard that it smells of sulphur in the area but is that the whole of rotorua

I imagine that we will have to live in this area and dont particuarly want to have a rotten egg smell all the time. OH wont be pleased, obviously.

Kato33
Hi Kato
I live over the hills on Tauranga and every visit that I make to Rotorua I do notice the small and yes it is just about everywhere u go. However, I have heard that after a day or so you hardly notice it and the upsides of living there far outweigh the problem of having to put up with the smell!
Certainly the lakes around the area like Tarawera, the Blue Lake and green Lake are wonderful.
Also, you could commute to Rotorua from the south side of Tauranga via the Pyes Pa road. This trip would take you a maximum of 30 minutes so the option of living in the south of Tauranga and working in Rotorua is very feasible.

Hope this helps

Paul
Old May 14th 2007, 11:15 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

its a bit like farting and pulling the bedsheets up
something you get used to I hear
Old May 14th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulGent
Hi Kato
I live over the hills on Tauranga and every visit that I make to Rotorua I do notice the small and yes it is just about everywhere u go. However, I have heard that after a day or so you hardly notice it and the upsides of living there far outweigh the problem of having to put up with the smell!
Certainly the lakes around the area like Tarawera, the Blue Lake and green Lake are wonderful.
Also, you could commute to Rotorua from the south side of Tauranga via the Pyes Pa road. This trip would take you a maximum of 30 minutes so the option of living in the south of Tauranga and working in Rotorua is very feasible.

Hope this helps

Paul
Thats just the info I needed.

Half hour isn't much so can I ask you a favour and tell me all the surrounding towns so I an look them up for schools and such.

Have you heard of TD Haulage / Dynes Transport?

kato33