British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/sorry-if-sounds-like-stupid-question-449979/)

kato33 May 14th 2007 9:02 am

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

My OH has had a call from a guy in Rotorua with a job offer (well I think it was an offer anyway)

I have heard that it smells of sulphur in the area but is that the whole of rotorua :confused:

I imagine that we will have to live in this area and dont particuarly want to have a rotten egg smell all the time. OH wont be pleased, obviously.

Kato33

PaulGent May 14th 2007 9:46 am

Re: Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 4777495)
My OH has had a call from a guy in Rotorua with a job offer (well I think it was an offer anyway)

I have heard that it smells of sulphur in the area but is that the whole of rotorua :confused:

I imagine that we will have to live in this area and dont particuarly want to have a rotten egg smell all the time. OH wont be pleased, obviously.

Kato33

Hi Kato
I live over the hills on Tauranga and every visit that I make to Rotorua I do notice the small and yes it is just about everywhere u go. However, I have heard that after a day or so you hardly notice it and the upsides of living there far outweigh the problem of having to put up with the smell!
Certainly the lakes around the area like Tarawera, the Blue Lake and green Lake are wonderful.
Also, you could commute to Rotorua from the south side of Tauranga via the Pyes Pa road. This trip would take you a maximum of 30 minutes so the option of living in the south of Tauranga and working in Rotorua is very feasible.

Hope this helps

Paul

cherry May 14th 2007 11:15 am

:o its a bit like farting and pulling the bedsheets up :rofl:
something you get used to I hear :o

kato33 May 14th 2007 11:31 am

Originally Posted by PaulGent (Post 4777621)
Hi Kato
I live over the hills on Tauranga and every visit that I make to Rotorua I do notice the small and yes it is just about everywhere u go. However, I have heard that after a day or so you hardly notice it and the upsides of living there far outweigh the problem of having to put up with the smell!
Certainly the lakes around the area like Tarawera, the Blue Lake and green Lake are wonderful.
Also, you could commute to Rotorua from the south side of Tauranga via the Pyes Pa road. This trip would take you a maximum of 30 minutes so the option of living in the south of Tauranga and working in Rotorua is very feasible.

Hope this helps

Paul

Thats just the info I needed.

Half hour isn't much so can I ask you a favour and tell me all the surrounding towns so I an look them up for schools and such.

Have you heard of TD Haulage / Dynes Transport?

kato33