Shootings

Old Mar 12th 2016, 12:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shootings

Is it just me or have a lot of people been shot over the last few days? There was the incident where some police where shot, one where a man shot his partner, there was one where a man was shot in the knee and now there has been a man shot at a train station.

We don't have enough people to start shooting each other regularly. Time perhaps to say that if the guns can't be used sensibly they will be taken away?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 3:09 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shootings

something in the water up Auckland way?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

For me coming from the North of Ireland where the population is only 2 million i find this Country incredibly safe, even the rough areas while yes having the fair few drug addicts and violent nihilists are merely petty in comparison. There will always be violence and it will only increase as the population increases especially in a society of moral relativism
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:22 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

If the shooters don't get yer the sea may.

have you seen the statistics on drownings this year, awful
Old Mar 31st 2016, 3:56 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shootings

Originally Posted by paddy234
For me coming from the North of Ireland where the population is only 2 million i find this Country incredibly safe...
Yes, well...yes...I imagine you might.

Anyway stag season is here, let the shooting of things and people commence.
Old May 7th 2016, 4:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

...and duck season of course.
Old May 7th 2016, 5:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
...and duck season of course.
Rats! You beat me to it.

Part of the new Great Taste Cycle Trail here is currently shut due to it being duck shooting season. I'd have thought tell the shooters to stay the hell away from the cycle trail but what do I know.

There is a plea not to shoot a rare pair of wood ducks. I'm not fancying their chances.
Old May 7th 2016, 6:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Part of the new Great Taste Cycle Trail here is currently shut due to it being duck shooting season. I'd have thought tell the shooters to stay the hell away from the cycle trail but what do I know.
Well from a distance, obscured by trees near sighted people...

...still wouldn't mistake a cyclist for a duck.
Old May 7th 2016, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

If it looks like a duck, cycles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
Old May 10th 2016, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Well from a distance, obscured by trees near sighted people...

...still wouldn't mistake a cyclist for a duck.
Sadly, any excuse to have a go at cyclists........

....in fact you could probably sell cyclist shooting tours to London motorists and make an absolute fortune (until you very quickly ran out of cyclists).
Old May 14th 2016, 3:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Shot in the face while camping. Linky.

Still she'll be right 'spose.
Old May 30th 2016, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Norman Conquest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Rats! You beat me to it.

There is a plea not to shoot a rare pair of wood ducks. I'm not fancying their chances.
Firearms safety is an issue in New Zealand. Of course, shooters should keep away from cycle trails but, likely as not, they won't. It's not that long ago that a female camper was shot dead by a hunter when she left her tent to go to the toilet in a public camping ground. Hunting fatalities and injuries are far too common and it often boils down to slack handling of weapons, poor judgment and lack of awareness. The worse ones are those who think they know it all - I have witnessed it. They think they have nothing to learn from the instructors. One of the problems is that the law is too soft on the culprits. The charge for fatal hunting accidents should be manslaughter - automatic, no ifs or buts. Mitigating circumstances can be sorted in court, but the charge should be automatic.