Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Re: Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

Thanks for the infor Elsie, we basically didn't miss anything too earth-shattering!

How close are you to a move to NZ? Do you know where you're going exactly?

I'm definitely going to make the October one, most interested in looking at the recruitment side!

Did you manage to meet up with anyone else from BE?!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
i'll join you hic!
Cheers...........I will have another one for you tonight as you are joining me in our whiskey distillery.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:55 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
Cheers...........I will have another one for you tonight as you are joining me in our whiskey distillery.
I'm sure you need my pedigree invlolved in your venture: I'm descended from a long line of Speyside distillers/alcoholics so can talk loudly and longly about whisky without ever actually doing anything!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karonious
I'm sure you need my pedigree invlolved in your venture: I'm descended from a long line of Speyside distillers/alcoholics so can talk loudly and longly about whisky without ever actually doing anything!!
I don't even particularly like whisky, but it sounds fun to me! Count me in!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Your welcome RedMonsk.

We're not as close as we would like to be to a move However house is under offer and once we've exchanged contracts OH will be looking in earnest for a job as heavy truck driver ideally in the Wellington area. Although toy'd with Auckland area only because job availability but our gut feel is Welly will suit us more. Really depends on the job location I guess; you need to weigh it all up.

Our time frame for moving out is currently Jan 08 - all dependant on job offer - although OH would go now and run the gaunlet . Once we have the offer we can then apply for Temp Work Visa. Plan to use an agency recommended by a few on this site for jobs, but you never know we may be one of the lucky few who come away with job offers at the Expo!

Unfortunately, I missed Maz at the Expo and I dont think anyone else from here went; maybe next time round!

Are you planning to go to London or Manchester in Oct?

How are your plans going? Do you have definate dates for the move?

Cheers
Elsie

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Thanks for the infor Elsie, we basically didn't miss anything too earth-shattering!

How close are you to a move to NZ? Do you know where you're going exactly?

I'm definitely going to make the October one, most interested in looking at the recruitment side!

Did you manage to meet up with anyone else from BE?!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Your welcome RedMonsk.

We're not as close as we would like to be to a move However house is under offer and once we've exchanged contracts OH will be looking in earnest for a job as heavy truck driver ideally in the Wellington area. Although toy'd with Auckland area only because job availability but our gut feel is Welly will suit us more. Really depends on the job location I guess; you need to weigh it all up.

Our time frame for moving out is currently Jan 08 - all dependant on job offer - although OH would go now and run the gaunlet . Once we have the offer we can then apply for Temp Work Visa. Plan to use an agency recommended by a few on this site for jobs, but you never know we may be one of the lucky few who come away with job offers at the Expo!

Unfortunately, I missed Maz at the Expo and I dont think anyone else from here went; maybe next time round!

Are you planning to go to London or Manchester in Oct?

How are your plans going? Do you have definate dates for the move?

Cheers
Elsie
Just heard that points awarded on EOIs will increase on 30 July, so we might try and resubmit!

Not been to NZ before, so not sure where we are going to end up. Trying to narrow our search down, so it looks like Wellington (Porirua or Kapiti Coast), Christchurch (Rangiora area) and Bay of Plenty are the main contenders. Have to say Rangiora is looking to be favourite at the moment - you get a lot more house and garden for your money!

Will be very disappointed if we don't make the move within the next year! Hubby has to finish our place here first, so that we can rent it out for six months whilst scouting the favourite area in NZ.

London will be the venue that we will go to in October.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

hello everyone gutted that i missed the date for the seminar you dont go on hear for a few days and everything changes,enyway guys how are you all it looks like we have set our minds on trying to immigrate to new zealand i would just like to ask how long roughly does it take to have everything finalised,just want to know as im trainning to be a hairdresser garry (o/h) hgv driver but also starts a course on carpentary he is a newly quailfied bricklayer as well so we must have some chance i see that they do a point system and know that you dont need 6 years experience(hope i been told right)garry has over 6 years driving artics so shouldnt be a problem also age wise is pretty good for new zealand glad they dont think 45 is over the hill
we havent got to that age yet anyway i have spoken to a few guys on hear and they have been really helpfull so anymore info would be great well going to chill now a have a glass of wine hope to speak to you soon guys
cheers jen