Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:13 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

Well that sucks Nici and Monsk.

But as Elsie said, there are bound to be some no-shows... there's no way I would have made it for the 9.30 am one... not after the long goodbye scheduled with life-long friends the night before.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Just to let you know we have decided not to go to tomorrows seminar. OH doesn't want to travel up there and find that we cannot get in!

It must be the Jew in him, he doesn't want to waste time and money on the offchance that we can get in!

There is another expo in October, so I will try to be organised next time and buy tickets in advance!

Disappointed that I will not get the chance to meet some of you, but I'm sure there will be another time!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think you'll find the October London Expo interesting. Beware ! It does get extremely busy . We stayed overnight in a Holiday Inn Oct 2003 and then did the Expo early morning and then again late afternoon. That way we didn't have to queue so much and got to talk with the stands more.
We arranged to meet up with several others at the Holiday Inn and had a great time. We are still in contact with several of those people now .

NZ EXPO

ps. when we were there, two folks came away with job offers.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 20th 2007 at 11:37 am. Reason: ps
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Just to let you know we have decided not to go to tomorrows seminar. OH doesn't want to travel up there and find that we cannot get in!

It must be the Jew in him, he doesn't want to waste time and money on the offchance that we can get in!

There is another expo in October, so I will try to be organised next time and buy tickets in advance!

Disappointed that I will not get the chance to meet some of you, but I'm sure there will be another time!
With the amount of rain we are having we wont be going anywhere at this rate.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

I know! My kids broke up yesterday, first day of the summer holidays and its absolutely chucking it down!

Ah well, only another 46 days to go!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:43 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
With the amount of rain we are having we wont be going anywhere at this rate.
Oh it's eased off a bunch now, we'll be 'right.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK, who went yesterday and what did I miss?!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Well what happened or did the floods cancel it?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Well what happened or did the floods cancel it?
Either that, or they are all suffering from the mother of all hangovers!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Either that, or they are all suffering from the mother of all hangovers!
Having seen Maz and a pint of Cider i can believe it...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Having seen Maz and a pint of Cider i can believe it...
And we all know Kato33 (Nici) likes a whiskey or two!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

And we all know Kato33 (Nici) likes a whiskey or two!
Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeky.

Didn't get to go as I was held against my will at home to arrange my Roger Holiday..............notice I said Rog and not OURS. :curse:

Hope to find out waht we missed though and how any meets went. I have decided that being a whiskey guzzler I may have to start my own distillery in NZ, anyone want to join me.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeky.

Didn't get to go as I was held against my will at home to arrange my Roger Holiday..............notice I said Rog and not OURS. :curse:

Hope to find out waht we missed though and how any meets went. I have decided that being a whiskey guzzler I may have to start my own distillery in NZ, anyone want to join me.
i'll join you hic!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeky.

I think I should buy a massive plot and get an apple orchard on the go!

Then I could make my own cider, I'm sure Maz would join me for one!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice
Arrow Re: Seminar this weekend at NZ House. U going??

No hangovers....sadly...

Well, the seminar was ok; format ran as follows:

Mike, (other half of Tammy) presented
How to Apply for Jobs
Most points were common sense - NZ approach - dont be pushy
about yourself just be honest.
Few tips on how to present your CV
CV - Focus on Achievements
True to say that employers are more interested once you are in
NZ quoted cases of candidates more successful with same
company once in NZ
Candidates successful even though no jobs available

Discussed schooling system

PPS - Removal Company presented process of container transport
Cheaper to store in NZ

Bayleys Real Estate presented "typical" houses in NZ areas -
shame there was conflicting exchange rates which made the
properties seem cheaper!!
Discussed process and how easy to purchase
Possible to borrow money based on current UK salaries for
purchasing property in NZ
Possible to negotiate mortgage rates; kiwis love to negotiate

Representative from Immigration
Summary of types of visa - mainly Temp Work Visa and Skilled
Migrant
Temp Work Visa process time in UK is currently 40 mins
Permanent residency can start from day one in NZ

Presentation notes will be shown on www.mov****.com
website

Our thoughts on the day,

I felt a lot of the information we already knew beforehand, due to
the info found expats site.
Bayleys - hard sale; cynical me found it hard to believe the error
with exchange rate references was an honest mistake
Not enough time for question/answering session with immigration
But enjoyed the afternoon, good to meet some more people in same
or similar position

Picked up leaflet on Expo New Zealand in October which looks good - employers out to recruit....

Cheers
Elsie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.