Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RWC - Triumph or flop?

RWC - Triumph or flop?

Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

I'm dreading this week, i pretty certain all the locals at work will now be claim Irish heritage (because they own a Boyzone CD).

It's going to be a Plastic Paddy Nightmare.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Good game by the Irish, they showed courage and got the reward . Best game yet IMO.
Pity there isnt a "Like" button!!
Ditto what he says!!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:11 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the French put on a better show against the All Blacks than they are against the Canadians. If the All Blacks win kiwis will be gloating and clucking for weeks until they get knocked out .
Old Sep 17th 2011, 11:27 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the French put on a better show against the All Blacks than they are against the Canadians. If the All Blacks win kiwis will be gloating and clucking for weeks until they get knocked out .
LOL

Last edited by lardyl; Sep 17th 2011 at 11:31 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

If the All Blacks win kiwis will be gloating and clucking for weeks until they get knocked out .
It doesn't really matter though, does it? Listening to everyone, it's already a foregone conclusion that the ABs are in the final and the rest of the competition is about who with. I am so hoping that they get a bloody shock!!!

Whatever happens will be equally as bad; we'll never hear the last of it. It'll be either the gloating or the whining that other team or ref cheated.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It doesn't really matter though, does it? Listening to everyone, it's already a foregone conclusion that the ABs are in the final and the rest of the competition is about who with. I am so hoping that they get a bloody shock!!!

Whatever happens will be equally as bad; we'll never hear the last of it. It'll be either the gloating or the whining that other team or ref cheated.
Or you could always embrace the mood and celebrate with them...random thought I know....
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:55 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Or you could always embrace the mood and celebrate with them...random thought I know....
Excellent.......over to you BJ...
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:22 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

no it's much more fun to watch the proud fall......
bit of a Pommie (and Kiwi for that matter!) trait, is it not??
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:35 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Excellent.......over to you BJ...
I'm happy, the teams I want to do well (Ireland, Wales and England) are either performing at or above expectation.

Now what is it that French fans say to cheer their team? Something like "Advance France"?*

*Though if you made a joke about surrender you get half marks.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

we'll never hear the last of it. It'll be either the gloating or the whining that other team or ref cheated.
Having lived here for over 7 years now I'm going to have to go with the above. For me and him, the above is exactly how it will be from previous experience
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Very random indeed!! I couldn't care less who else wins, as long as it's not the ABs.

I'd get far more satisfaction seeing the bloody noses when they fall from that high pedestal, than seeing them lift a cup they already have written their name on. Honestly, why does the whole country seem to think they just have to show up to win and everyone else is an also ran. Other teams may as well chuck in the towel now, eh? Still, what is it, 24 years up there on that pedestal, being the best team in the world (not) and the hot favourites to win.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 1:11 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by BEVS
Having lived here for over 7 years now I'm going to have to go with the above. For me and him, the above is exactly how it will be from previous experience
TBH I'd be more pro-ABs (and I have one of their shirts on) if the self-centred, jingoistic, rugby commentators that appear on NZ TV weren't so damn self-righteous and smug. Ruddy Phil Gifford and Trevor McKewen are a pair of rugby-snobs and so far up their owen recta that I'm starting to hate expansive, free-flowing rugby and might even become a Bok cause at least deVilliers don't take himself too seriously.

All Tindall and Johnson, et al need to do is play video from those two nummocks to the dressing room come match time if France manage to take the ABs out next weekend, or heaven forbid the Scots take out England......
Old Sep 19th 2011, 11:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think that the reason New Zealand has not won a world cup in 24 years is that they don't actually care whether they win or not, so long as Australia loses.

BB
Old Sep 19th 2011, 11:31 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I honestly think that the reason New Zealand has not won a world cup in 24 years is that they don't actually care whether they win or not, so long as Australia loses.

BB
along with most of the rest of the world
Old Sep 20th 2011, 3:45 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Very random indeed!! I couldn't care less who else wins, as long as it's not the ABs.

I'd get far more satisfaction seeing the bloody noses when they fall from that high pedestal, than seeing them lift a cup they already have written their name on. Honestly, why does the whole country seem to think they just have to show up to win and everyone else is an also ran. Other teams may as well chuck in the towel now, eh? Still, what is it, 24 years up there on that pedestal, being the best team in the world (not) and the hot favourites to win.
Well ... New Zealand's only the size of a city, in terms of population. We're small. We have to fight to get some sort of recognition in the big, wide world. Rugby is something we're good at, and recognised for, and helps put us on the map. The All Blacks are one of the biggest sporting brands. We want to win this damn thing !!!!! It's something we can be proud of and say ... ahhhhh .... we're not too bad at rugby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.