Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

dmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant future
Smile Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Long time no posts.

Well my EOI has been pulled from the pool, the medicals are done and the frustration of trying to get the paperwork together is in full swing.

Now I know I am joining the RNZN and not the either one of the other two, but generally it seems the problems with getting out there are the same across the board.

Question one: How did you provide referees for all of your skilled work experience? I have referees for the last 18 months service but the whole 14 years, no chance, some of them might even have karked it (old age I hasten to add)by now?

Family Declarations: What the heck are they? Is it a form to fill out or just a knocked up word doc with my signature on?

Finally: City and Guilds part one and two????? I have the certificates but what is the Pt1 & 2?
If the questions are in the wrong forum, then apologies........its been so long I've forgotten whats allowed.

I have put the questions to my case officer and wait with baited breath for his response (the last time my wife inquired about our daughters CF he asked her why she didn't just emigrate somewhere else.............oh great, really interested in helping then) I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Enough of the questions hows everything going out there? I cannot wait to get on the silver bird and bugger off down under, 2 hours to drive 16 miles home....................M27 car park!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hiya, glad you are all well and getting on with the process,
question 1, OH says that he got his service history from JPA and that did it for him.
question 2 & 3 dont know sorry!!
We found trawling through the immigration website usually gave us the answers, took ages but they are there if you look, also if you send them an email they were pretty quick to respond to us.

We are settling in well now, just finding out things and getting to grips with the differences.
All the best with the rest. Debborah.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi

Not more can happen surely Went on a run last night, fell over, hospital, xrays, luckily not broken, torn tendons and ligaments. Now off work and hobbling around on crutches:curse:

Annxx

Ann,

What have we been telling you since Skellingthorpe, your not a young "Hen" anymore and just hang your running trainers up and get used to turning your life around and living the lifestyle soon over in NZ. They do nothing more than power walk here and you will be pushed to tear your tendons here I can tell yer !! This is how it goes, Wake up in the morning cart the kids off to Hobby school, Power Walk back home and stop off for a Mocha Choca or whatever takes your fancy for that morning at the mobile Coffee Station, gather your thoughts for the day on the way back to housing. Get stuck into the housework before Dean gets back from a stressful morning on 40 and sort his Lunch out, see him off back to work before 1. Rest of the afternoon is yours to do whatever enjoy the sunrays on your patio furniture recently acquired from Farmers or Mitre 10. Choice couldn't ask for a more cushdier lifestyle.........A woman's work is never done I ask myself.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hey Mick

There is still live in the old hen yet. Have moved out of our house now, dean is busily painting the rooms back to magnolia. We are in the contact house, which is ok, got everything that we need. Starting to think that i will like the nz life. Just busy cancelling all the ele, gas etc. Havent got a telephone in the contact house, so have to keep coming back to old house to use laptop. May have to start going to Starbucks to use internet
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by annbee
Hey Mick

There is still live in the old hen yet. Have moved out of our house now, dean is busily painting the rooms back to magnolia. We are in the contact house, which is ok, got everything that we need. Starting to think that i will like the nz life. Just busy cancelling all the ele, gas etc. Havent got a telephone in the contact house, so have to keep coming back to old house to use laptop. May have to start going to Starbucks to use internet

Been busy setting up the Boxing Club here on Base and got a few good boxers now and we train on a Wednesday - Friday nights. We have a good laugh in training and they all get a good chance to spar with each other and started to fund raise for next year, we are all hoping to get over to UK to fight on the Army/Navy/RAF circuit but still have a long way to go before some of them are even ready for that. The joys of painting RAF Quarters now that brings it all back Don't have that worry here you have wallpaper on your walls.

Mick
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Hello folks,

Medicals tomorrow, feeling quite nervous! Hoping they get everything back to me quickly as I'm hoping to send ITA off asap. Does anyone think we've got a chance of getting it back before we're due to fly out early Feb or will I have to try and sort out temp visas or anything??? Also, when do RNZAF get in touch with you regarding moving and containers? I know we've got a while to go yet but I know it's going to go quickly!!

Richy and Kat
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by richyandkat
Hello folks,

Medicals tomorrow, feeling quite nervous! Hoping they get everything back to me quickly as I'm hoping to send ITA off asap. Does anyone think we've got a chance of getting it back before we're due to fly out early Feb or will I have to try and sort out temp visas or anything??? Also, when do RNZAF get in touch with you regarding moving and containers? I know we've got a while to go yet but I know it's going to go quickly!!

Richy and Kat
Everything was pretty quick for us. You cant come to this job unless you have PR, so no point in looking into temorary visas. We started ours November 2006 and it was all done and dusted by Feb.[EOI & PR granted] There is alot more you have to do after that too so dont be thinking you have got it easy after you have done ITA!!!! Are you having your Military medical tomorrow too?
The RNZAF will only start the removals etc when you confirm you have PR.{send copy off by fax} It is all pretty quick and efficient.{They have done it alot of times now and seem to have all the courts covered}
The whole thing is very stressful as its so intense as it is condensed into a few short months, your life seems to be consumed by it. But its all forgotten about when you get over here. Just keep yourself topped up with happy thoughts!
Any questions just send me PM and i will do my best to help. Debborah.x
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:01 am
Just Joined

cande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dmcewan
Long time no posts.

Well my EOI has been pulled from the pool, the medicals are done and the frustration of trying to get the paperwork together is in full swing.

Now I know I am joining the RNZN and not the either one of the other two, but generally it seems the problems with getting out there are the same across the board.

Question one: How did you provide referees for all of your skilled work experience? I have referees for the last 18 months service but the whole 14 years, no chance, some of them might even have karked it (old age I hasten to add)by now?

Family Declarations: What the heck are they? Is it a form to fill out or just a knocked up word doc with my signature on?

Finally: City and Guilds part one and two????? I have the certificates but what is the Pt1 & 2?
If the questions are in the wrong forum, then apologies........its been so long I've forgotten whats allowed.

I have put the questions to my case officer and wait with baited breath for his response (the last time my wife inquired about our daughters CF he asked her why she didn't just emigrate somewhere else.............oh great, really interested in helping then) I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Enough of the questions hows everything going out there? I cannot wait to get on the silver bird and bugger off down under, 2 hours to drive 16 miles home....................M27 car park!
General question - but probably best targeted at those on this rollercoaster of a thread:

Is being a member of the UK Armed Forces an issue in the granting of PR? I know that if you are transferring to NZDF,RNZAF or RNZN then being granted PR is a prerequisite in the process. But what if you are currently in UK Armed Forces applying for PR and not transferring to NZDF,RNZAF or RNZN - is this an issue? I can find no reference to PR not being able to be granted to serving members of overseas Armed Forces. EOI has been selected from the pool but am still serving out my time!

Grateful for views/confirmation.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

dmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant future

Hi Cande,

You don't say how long you have left in the Armed Forces, bearing in mind you have what 4 months?(correct me if I am wrong) from EOI selection to get your ITA in to London and ITA processing can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months then you have so many months to actually get on a plane and get to NZ you should be fine, I am assuming your 12 months notice is in?
As far as serving in the armed forces, I would say that getting your EOI pulled is a good indication that it is not an issue, what will you be doing in NZ as far as employment goes?

Damon
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

cande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant future

I have just under 2 years left - hence the relevance of my thread in the immigration forum relating to timescales.

I am banking that on being granted PR (fingers crossed), I have up to 2.5 years to take up residency 'proper' by adding together: 2 years RRV + 4 months (say) for ITA to be issued + up to 3-4 months to submit ITA = 2.5 years!

The only issue in all of that is if NZIS would grant me PR before my TX date if I wasn't transferring.

As far as employment in NZ goes - still working on that one!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Everything was pretty quick for us. You cant come to this job unless you have PR, so no point in looking into temorary visas. We started ours November 2006 and it was all done and dusted by Feb.[EOI & PR granted] There is alot more you have to do after that too so dont be thinking you have got it easy after you have done ITA!!!! Are you having your Military medical tomorrow too?
The RNZAF will only start the removals etc when you confirm you have PR.{send copy off by fax} It is all pretty quick and efficient.{They have done it alot of times now and seem to have all the courts covered}
The whole thing is very stressful as its so intense as it is condensed into a few short months, your life seems to be consumed by it. But its all forgotten about when you get over here. Just keep yourself topped up with happy thoughts!
Any questions just send me PM and i will do my best to help. Debborah.x

Well the medicals went ok.... We think Just got to wait for all the blood tests etc to come back, the doc said it should be back with us within 2 weeks but hopefully quicker. I had the NZDF medical at the same time. She gave me that form back and gave me an address to send it to in London once she has sent me a copy of the test results which she said she'd do before she seals them up with the Immigration medical! I hope this is right

Apart from that she was happy with our general health and said that as long as the blood tests showed no probs then she was happy. Feel kinda glad that they're over now, I just want to get the ITA submitted ASAP now so will be trying to get everything else checked and re checked before the med forms come back. I've got things like certificates certified true copies and I've got 3 relationship testimonials from friends and family. Can anyone remember anything that they forgot or any good tips so I don't get it sent back to me!! Do I need to send our passports off with the ITA or will they request them if/when needed??

God this is hard work, and a bit stressful, I've only 9 working weeks to go before I start my terminal leave, I've had enough tho, i'd go tomorrow if they'd let me!!!

Please tell me it's worth it

Richy and Kat
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:32 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by richyandkat
Do I need to send our passports off with the ITA or will they request them if/when needed??

Richy and Kat
Yes, you'll need to send in the passports with your ITA. Don't worry, if you need them back right away NZIS is quite good about getting them to you. Here in Christchurch they rang me the day after I submitted the ITA and handed our passports back.
If your ITA is successful (don't worry, something like 97% of them are) then you will need to re-submit the passports along with migrant levy fees and the residence visas will go in your passports.

Good luck.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Richy & kat

Good to hear you are a healthy bunch!
Tips.. just go down the list one at a time and make sure its in. It has to be in order of the list and the photocopy of the original behind the original. My OH used JPA printout for his proof of work experience.Photocopy everything to be sure, we did. Also file one for later date in you want to apply for citizenship. As above post send your passports with ITA, they then send them back with those little blue stickers in them!! [ all the hard work seems worth while when that happens!!]
We have beautiful weather here today and so we are off to the beach with the kids , we are also off to a RNZAF cabin for the weekend up the Bay of Islands. Do i think its worth it ???? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 weeks to go wow! are you doing a resettlement course?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cande
General question - but probably best targeted at those on this rollercoaster of a thread:

Is being a member of the UK Armed Forces an issue in the granting of PR? I know that if you are transferring to NZDF,RNZAF or RNZN then being granted PR is a prerequisite in the process. But what if you are currently in UK Armed Forces applying for PR and not transferring to NZDF,RNZAF or RNZN - is this an issue? I can find no reference to PR not being able to be granted to serving members of overseas Armed Forces. EOI has been selected from the pool but am still serving out my time!

Grateful for views/confirmation.
Hi, and welcome to our thread!!!
I am not sure but just going off what we had to do ourselves, you may have to show proof of your leaving the armed forces when you apply for the ITA, they will see you are in the armed forces[if you are applying when still in] and may want proof you can leave the UK. If you fire off an email to the immigration website they are pretty good at replying.
I am not sure on this at all, but it is just a thought, you may want to look at being released from 'reserve duty' before you come out. Wouldnt want to get here and then be called up, [especially if you have just got a job in NZ] unless that is what you want of course. [ i would imagine the cost would be down to you ???]
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Richy & kat

Good to hear you are a healthy bunch!
Tips.. just go down the list one at a time and make sure its in. It has to be in order of the list and the photocopy of the original behind the original. My OH used JPA printout for his proof of work experience.Photocopy everything to be sure, we did. Also file one for later date in you want to apply for citizenship. As above post send your passports with ITA, they then send them back with those little blue stickers in them!! [ all the hard work seems worth while when that happens!!]
We have beautiful weather here today and so we are off to the beach with the kids , we are also off to a RNZAF cabin for the weekend up the Bay of Islands. Do i think its worth it ???? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 weeks to go wow! are you doing a resettlement course?

Cheers for the advice, I'll have a look to see if I can find my work experience on JPA next week. Do I still have to include original certificates like birth and marriage and all our qualifications if I have certifiesd true copies??

The fun starts now!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.