Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Hiya! it will go in !! dont worry Our stuff set sail on the 8th June and got here on the 10th July [ must have been a speedboat!] then was in customs for 1 week. Really quick and no hassles.
Hi Debborah,

Thanks for words of advice, much needed, r u or anyone on the thread going to go to the BE Meet up in January, looks a nice site were they are holding it at, could be a laugh and nice to meet up with all the people you read about and hear about their adventures. Havent been to Sallys yet, planning on going sometime this week, have run out of money:curse: got to wait until payday, i will then send the card over to your mum. Weather really nice hear the summer has started at last, not sure for how long though.

Taking today to have a sort out of the sheds and girs outside toys could be a long daylol
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Not long now till you say your farewell to your stuff eh, is it all packed yet?!?!?

I've just booked our medicals and my NZDF medical, the doc is doing that for no extra cost, mind you at nearly £300 each medical they can afford too!

The receptionist said that I would need to bring the forms with me, do I have them or are they on the immigration website? is there anything else I need to take with me?

Why can't we just get on a plane and go?!

Richy and Kat
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richyandkat
Not long now till you say your farewell to your stuff eh, is it all packed yet?!?!?

I've just booked our medicals and my NZDF medical, the doc is doing that for no extra cost, mind you at nearly £300 each medical they can afford too!

The receptionist said that I would need to bring the forms with me, do I have them or are they on the immigration website? is there anything else I need to take with me?

Richy and Kat
Hi Guys

You will find the forms on the immigration website, that was our mistake, we didnt take them, but all was sorted. I am with you on the just get on the plane and go

Ann
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Johnthreesixteen is an unknown quantity at this point

Richy and Kat
Hi Richy and Kat

We used to be at Leuchars and are flying out to join the RAAF in 7 weeks. Just wanted to say hi - have you been there long? We left 4 plus years ago. Our friends left in March to go to NZ and love it. All the best.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info on the med forms, I'll go on the immigration website and find them.

Been at leuchars on and off since 1997, it's my RAF home. Good luck to you with the RAAF. Hope it all works out.

Cheers.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I know i'm probably being a stupid head but i've been on the immigration website, found the forms section but am unsure as to which forms i need to print out for our medicals. Is it just form number 1007 or are there any others we need too? if there's a clever person around please please can they help me out.

Thanks

Richy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hey Richy as we remember for immigration you just print the form of the website but also you should have been sent med forms for the RNZAF with the details of the hearing and eyesight tests. The recruiters in Wellington actually emailed our chosen doctor with the requirements for our RNZAF medical and he kept them and emailed them direct to Wellington with the results and drug test outcome. We only came away with Immigration med docs and xrays.

Hope that helps

Rick & Tracy
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for the info, I've printed out the med form 1007 off the immigration website and got the NZDF medical form off the CD ROM. Think thats all I need for our medicals, let me know anyone if it isn't.

Started sorting thro wardrobes this week, already got quite a lot of stuff for the charity shops, it's such fun isn't it?!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for the info, I've printed out the med form 1007 off the immigration website and got the NZDF medical form off the CD ROM. Think thats all I need for our medicals, let me know anyone if it isn't.

Started sorting thro wardrobes this week, already got quite a lot of stuff for the charity shops, it's such fun isn't it?!
Hi Richy

I am counting the days until the container comes, thinking of getting a skip we have that much stuff to get rid of. Think i have sent enough stuff to the charity shop to keep it going for years

Ann
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Well, got the x rays tomorrow so i'm not eating anymore metal until we've had 'em

Just sent application for a quarter off to RNZAF so that'll be us on the waiting list.

One question for all you clever folk out there, I've been asked to provide proof that I've been released from my reserve obligation, asked at my admin section and they're unsure how to go about it!!! Did anyone else have any bother???

Richy and Kat
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Well, got the x rays tomorrow so i'm not eating anymore metal until we've had 'em

Just sent application for a quarter off to RNZAF so that'll be us on the waiting list.

One question for all you clever folk out there, I've been asked to provide proof that I've been released from my reserve obligation, asked at my admin section and they're unsure how to go about it!!! Did anyone else have any bother???

Richy and Kat

Hi Guys

Yes Dean had similar problems, desk told him it couldnt be done, he got in touch with Personnel Management Agency, RAF Innsworth Tel: 01452 712612 Ext 7866 and then he had to write a letter to them explaining when you wanted to be released by and we have a letter of confirmation.

Hope this helps

Ann
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Cheers for the info Ann, I'll get on the phone to PMA and try and get it sorted.
How are things with all of you going? Are you ready to go???
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hi Richy

Same as Dean used the number at PMA and faxed them a copy of the OOS and had a reply a week later releasing me

Hows the wardrobe clearing going??

Rick
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Wardrobe clearing is going slowly, but we're making progress. Still loads to do. I'm sure if we close our eyes and think really hard the mice from bagpuss will come and sort things out for us!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Wardrobe clearing is going slowly, but we're making progress. Still loads to do. I'm sure if we close our eyes and think really hard the mice from bagpuss will come and sort things out for us!!
Hi Richy

The mice are at mine at the minute, i will send them to you when the container goes next week. Girls back at school today so it is a bit easier to sort out things. Role on the 15th October

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.