RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by happy g
hi rickg37
just a few questions first ,i am trying to work out if this the right thing for myself and my family.I am still serving and dont know the implications on coming out early will have on my pension.I have served 17 years and i have 5 years left to my 22,did you come out on the redundices or just finish your time? .I realize that the pay is nothing compared to the RAF however if i have my pension i will be ok.When you came across did you keep your rank or were you just offered a post as they required ?As you can see i am in the first stages however i have become some what disillusioned with the RAF i am about to start my 6 th op tour and i know when my 7 th will begin all ready.
thanks for your time.
"G"
Hi G

We came over after taking redundancy so was given a pension, on saying that Tracy is working at an after school group 3 hours a day so with that and the working family assistance we get buy and save the pension at the moment. A big decision and completely down to your circumstance is do you take the 4 four year tax break on your pension or start claiming family assistance and pay tax on your pension as I say down to personal decisions.
The pension helps though as my son will start uni next year so we will be dipping in to it to pay for that. The offer of service came for the same rank and work is familiar and a lot quieter than the UK

Rick
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

bumping this back up.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by richyandkat
Hello all, It's raining in the uk, surprise surprise!

I know this has prob been on before but I was just wondering if It's worth bringing washing machines, fridges, tumble dryers etc out with us? Will our TV work out there?? any other advice on what to bring out in the container??

All advice is appreciated

Cheers
Richy and Kat
Hiya, we have been here 2 weeks and brought everything we could fit into our container!! everything works fine, also our TV is fine with about 8 free channels. Just bring it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:34 am
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Our TV works fine here too, although we only have 4 channels, how do you get 8? Been driving in your car yet?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Hi everyone, well we are in our MQ now.Still upside down and cant find anything! Everything is OK, bigger than i thought, wood floors are nice but cold so Andy is going to lay some carpet. Had to brush up our 'starting a fire' skills! cant just flick a switch for the central heating anymore Getting used to the shopping at a totally different supermarket! its hard work and totally not a good idea to take the kids! Finally got over the jetlag, but we have all got colds now! Debborah.x.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:37 am

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Hi everyone, well we are in our MQ now.Still upside down and cant find anything! Everything is OK, bigger than i thought, wood floors are nice but cold so Andy is going to lay some carpet. Had to brush up our 'starting a fire' skills! cant just flick a switch for the central heating anymore Getting used to the shopping at a totally different supermarket! its hard work and totally not a good idea to take the kids! Finally got over the jetlag, but we have all got colds now! Debborah.x.
see you got online too
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katracy
Our TV works fine here too, although we only have 4 channels, how do you get 8? Been driving in your car yet?
Andy just tuned them in, i think the first 4 are the best ones to watch. No i havnt drove the car yet!! i think i will go out on my own maybe tomorrow, have to go to the supermarket and get some baking stuff so may be a good time.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Yes , feels great to be in contact with the world again!!! very scary how we are so relaint on the internet nowadays!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Andy just tuned them in, i think the first 4 are the best ones to watch. No i havnt drove the car yet!! i think i will go out on my own maybe tomorrow, have to go to the supermarket and get some baking stuff so may be a good time.
Good luck, do you go to the supermarkets in albany or is there one closer to you?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

We goto the shopping complex at Westgate, it has loads of stuff and a Countdown which i think i like the best of the bunch. It is only a 5 minute drive down the road so easy distance. We have some fab fruit & veggy shops here at Hobsonville so get everything like that from them. Cheaper than the supermarkets and great quality stuff .
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys

Just received flight details, stopovers etc, seems so close now. Removals coming to access our belongings next week, so if there is anything you want bringing over i only have 4 weeks of shopping days left

Love

Annbeexx
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

You can buy ALOT in 4 weeks!! You got your flight details earlier than we did. good to know what you are doing.
I have a list............. a long long list....................!!! only joking!! You can get anything you want here if you want it, takes abit of looking at first but its all here! Some things more expensive and some things cheaper, swings & roundabouts. Just our luck we need the expensive!! Cant wait to meet you all.x Debborah .x.x
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Debborah

As it happens am going shopping this morning, Dean has gone to get the girls from my mums, finished the mad week of 10 hour shifts:curse:, off now for 17 days, going to chill out and shop of course, have a huge list so feel free to add to it, dont forget to send me the codes for things from Argos. Weather has been really hot here actually think that the summer has started. Speaking of front pages, i have a friend who runs at our running club and she works for Lincolnshire Echo Paper, she is doing an article on us emmigrating, the papers photographer is coming over tomorrow to take photos, it is going in the paper on tuesday (fame at last).

Love

Annxxx
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK Have a few on us

Love

Ann, Dean , Luce and Polxxx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

How did the news article on you going to NZ go!!!?

Happy Birthday Mick!!

Debborah.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.