Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: NZ Dept of labour – heavy handed

RE: NZ Dept of labour – heavy handed

Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:59 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ Dept of labour – heavy handed

In my opinion it just doesn’t sit with me.

My point is that the illegal immigrant thing seemed to warrant two police officers and two agents from the dept of labour to address Ms Moons overstay and then fling here in jail.

Has anybody read the article and the conditions she was exposed to in jail?

Whilst, in Otara the police are busy doing a clean up on drug selling to find that most of the “tinnie houses” are 50 mtrs away from the local police station. Probably due to lack of resources.

I also think it unfair and very judgemental of posters considering that Ms Moon just grabbed any kiwi to marry to she could stay in NZ. Personally I would rather give here the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:11 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells

My point is that the illegal immigrant thing seemed to warrant two police officers and two agents from the dept of labour to address Ms Moons overstay and then fling here in jail.

Whilst, in Otara the police are busy doing a clean up on drug selling to find that most of the “tinnie houses” are 50 mtrs away from the local police station. Probably due to lack of resources.

I also think it unfair and very judgemental of posters considering that Ms Moon just grabbed any kiwi to marry to she could stay in NZ. Personally I would rather give here the benefit of the doubt on that one.
I certainly made no assumption that Mrs M married the first kiwi that came along, for me it is the principle that if someone knowingly overstays they are here illegally and therefore committing a crime, therefore a criminal of sorts. Some other posters have already made the comment that why should someone be allowed to stay and a blind eye be cast over her situation when it has cost most of us tens of thousands of pounds to pay to jump through hoops to get to new zealand and set up a new life for ourselves.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:38 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, give over Campbells! Is Mrs Moon your mum or something?

Just beacuse police are under resourced in one area, does that mean everywhere else in New Zealand is the same?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:18 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Oh, give over Campbells! Is Mrs Moon your mum or something?

Just beacuse police are under resourced in one area, does that mean everywhere else in New Zealand is the same?

Sounds like the police are your cousin mate and this is getting all nasty again. One minute it's because she’s white the next she must be my mother.

As I said in previous responses to you. I am entitled to my opinion and to post here on it and you are determined to try to enforce your opinion . If you don’t like what I say don’t respond, go and start a New Zealand is wonderful topic or how bad the cornflakes are here, you know the real deep stuff.

Have you taken your Kiwi tablets today?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:07 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

You make me grin Campbells, you just love to wind people up don't you??!

I bet you've got a bookshelf full of obscure facts that you swat up on before a dinner party just to annoy people!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by P18PPS
You make me grin Campbells, you just love to wind people up don't you??!

I bet you've got a bookshelf full of obscure facts that you swat up on before a dinner party just to annoy people!!
Actually I learned from this forum that statistics are the best obscure facts and are the best for tea party ( get with the Kiwi programme) arguments.

I guess statistically speaking - on this forum most folk are trying to wind me up.

You see, although the topic of the thread is sad I can still get a grin out of folk. So ultimately it is a serving of my opinion with a side of humour.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:59 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is a fact that in many countries illegal immigrants are locked up until their case is dealt with. I don't think the condition of the jail is a factor really - I'm quite pleased that the first taste criminals have of that jail is faintly disturbing.

Mr B, as a Kiwi, was none too pleased at the hoops his wife had to go through to live here. He felt it was an affront to his birthright. Bless. As I pointed out to him, on more than one occasion, the fact that I had to apply as any other person ensures that a situation such as an arranged marriage doesn't occur. Once I had been assigned a case officer - six months after applying - I had to produce evidence of us living together in that time to make sure I hadn't just got here and dumped him

Personally, I think her only crime was stupidity - WHY would you not apply for PR, especially if you've got a business?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:57 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Besides those police cells aint that bad really and they're immaculately clean. Granted the steel loo doesn't have a seat and is in the middle of the cell with no walls around but what would you expect ... and if she got a shower too she was really very lucky
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:05 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Besides those police cells aint that bad really and they're immaculately clean. Granted the steel loo doesn't have a seat and is in the middle of the cell with no walls around but what would you expect ... and if she got a shower too she was really very lucky
Nice one Sky
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:29 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the police are your cousin mate and this is getting all nasty again. One minute it's because she’s white the next she must be my mother.

As I said in previous responses to you. I am entitled to my opinion and to post here on it and you are determined to try to enforce your opinion . If you don’t like what I say don’t respond, go and start a New Zealand is wonderful topic or how bad the cornflakes are here, you know the real deep stuff.

Have you taken your Kiwi tablets today?
Mate, you stir things up and then you get all upset!

You make take my responses as being negative, but really I am being "thought provoking and challenging". Sound familiar?