Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Washing by the river

Washing by the river

Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:08 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Washing by the river

Hi All !!!

Now that our container has turned up and deposited said contents in and all over our house, started unpacking, plumbed in washing machine but i don't know if it's quite working the same as in UK....anyone else experience similar problems ?...

Al.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:18 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing by the river

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi All !!!

Now that our container has turned up and deposited said contents in and all over our house, started unpacking, plumbed in washing machine but i don't know if it's quite working the same as in UK....anyone else experience similar problems ?...

Al.
Hi Al,
that doesn't sound good - have some washing karma to ease the pain
You won't want to hear ours worked as it ought so far.......

any chance you can claim it off your insurance?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:19 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karonious
Hi Al,
that doesn't sound good - have some washing karma to ease the pain
You won't want to hear ours worked as it ought so far.......

any chance you can claim it off your insurance?
Possibly, paid a bloody lot for it as it's used nearly every day so didn't expect it to not perform so as to speak !!

Al.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:31 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All !!!

Al.
Is your water pressure ok, maybe that's making it act funny
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:40 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by sky
Is your water pressure ok, maybe that's making it act funny
It seems to be okay, just doesn't want to spin properly, i've tried kicking it, talking sweetly to it but alas, nothing....

Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to be okay, just doesn't want to spin properly, i've tried kicking it, talking sweetly to it but alas, nothing....
mm....I could pop up and have a look - did you fit the transit bolts before you transported it? and more importantly did you take them out before using it again!??
Also best to use "front loader" powder rather than the other foamy stuff......if you have sensitive skin dont go looking in New World in Orewa as they seem permanently out of stock of the front loader sensitive Persil - they do have some multipurpose liquid though that seems to make our trust Bosch function *far* better than the f*** & p*** top loader we used for two months!!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:48 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by lardyl
mm....I could pop up and have a look - did you fit the transit bolts before you transported it? and more importantly did you take them out before using it again!??
Also best to use "front loader" powder rather than the other foamy stuff......if you have sensitive skin dont go looking in New World in Orewa as they seem permanently out of stock of the front loader sensitive Persil - they do have some multipurpose liquid though that seems to make our trust Bosch function *far* better than the f*** & p*** top loader we used for two months!!!
Yep, bolts fitted before voyage and removed before clothes inserted into said machine, seen that about the powder, bloody f***ing stupid stuff.
May have to get Mrs Al to do it !!!! ha ha
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:20 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I was gonna say "What the hell are you doing even touching the washing machine?"

I know where ours it and that yer lot mate
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:39 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds broken to me, can't think of any other reason for it not to spin

Kick it again and see what happens, if nothing else it'll make you feel better
Old Apr 1st 2007, 12:33 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, bolts fitted before voyage and removed before clothes inserted into said machine, seen that about the powder, bloody f***ing stupid stuff.
hey, could have a look inside if you want - I have taken quite a few machines apart in the past (mainly to find out why/whether they started fires, bu done some repairs to them - me dad used to service white goods amongst other appliances and he used to bodge together the odd machine - we were the only people around with a Hotpoint washer with half of the fascia made out of plywood I'd venture!!).
Good luck - what make is it BTW? Got some connections at the odd manufacturers and could find out where to get if fixed (or who not to use).....
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

My plumbing has been a little dodgy since we arrived, must have been something I ate in Singapore!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:19 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod
My plumbing has been a little dodgy since we arrived, must have been something I ate in Singapore!!
Too much information!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Too much information!
He he, I was just trying to be helpful!

Talking of washing machines, does anyone know where we can get a good, cheap front loader as we need one for our new house next week and we can't have a Toploader (.....dancing in the moonlight!) He he
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:09 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trigod
He he, I was just trying to be helpful!

Talking of washing machines, does anyone know where we can get a good, cheap front loader as we need one for our new house next week and we can't have a Toploader (.....dancing in the moonlight!) He he
I've got a Bosch Maxx 1000 6.5kg front loader for sale. Not quite 2 years old. Cost $1,300 new. Selling for $650. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it was the first front loader I've ever owned and I realised I'm too disorganised... I needed a washing machine that I can keep adding stuff too while it's being used (got a new toploader now). As you're in Auckland and we're in Katikati, this is probably not really that helpful, but just thought I'd mention it.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SavBlancGal
I've got a Bosch Maxx 1000 6.5kg front loader for sale. Not quite 2 years old. Cost $1,300 new. Selling for $650. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it was the first front loader I've ever owned and I realised I'm too disorganised... I needed a washing machine that I can keep adding stuff too while it's being used (got a new toploader now). As you're in Auckland and we're in Katikati, this is probably not really that helpful, but just thought I'd mention it.
Jesus-you haven't wasted a good opportunity there have ya? Al's machine is fooooked,I know....let's advertise ours!! Class!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.