Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Question for truck drivers

Question for truck drivers

Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Firestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura about
Default Question for truck drivers

Hi good morning /evening quick question for british truckies workin in NZ , my OH who has a class2 is wondering whether it woukd be better to do her class1 in the uk or wait till she gets to NZ . any pointers would be gratefully received pro's and cons ect ..............
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for truck drivers

The class 1 (5 here) is a piece of piss and will cost you about $800 for a 2 day course wich will include a day,s log book, no tacho here

If you already have your class 1 you will have to sit a touch screen test again this is dead easy if you read the book.. There are a lot of truck and dogs here (piccy of mine) so you will need a bit of practice backing them and nearly everything has a roadranger in it

Neil
Attached Thumbnails Question for truck drivers-223534_10200723874478888_374724393_n.jpg  
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Firestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura about

Cheers Neil I new could rely on you , thats good news OH is well pleased she was going to do it here ,but as you well know a right performance ......
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I cant remember where u are heading for but if it,s ChCh i can give her some time on the truck and trailer
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

That's exactly where we're heading , hopefully i should be out there in nx few weeks , Oh is following on in sept when the school year finishes ,just in time for summer . Just means i'll be 4mths without my bike Still there not that dear to hire for a couple of days ,if the withdrawal becomes to much.....
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

neil,could i be nosey and ask how different have you found the truck and trailer setup you have compared to the more normal articulated trucks in the uk, particularly reversing ?
Old Mar 9th 2013, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

there a complete bitch, i am getting into them now but i still miss the artics once u lose the dog trailer you are stuffed
Old Mar 10th 2013, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

have you done any b-train work ? if i've got it right ,the unit+trailer+trailer ? again its the reversing that would seem to be the main hurdle, i imagine going forward they would follow you ok.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

trafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond repute

My OH used to drive B trains in NZ. He says no problems going forward. Reversing is the same principle with the wagon and drag in the UK, if you have had experience of them. If not, then it's just lots of practice and don't be afraid to make mistakes. Last tip, try not to leave any acute angles when reversing - get the rear trailer lined up in the direction you want to go beforehand.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Good advice