Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Prison Officers - Where are You?

Prison Officers - Where are You?

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:04 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prison Officers - Where are You?

Originally Posted by Delsonk9
Thanks Sue, it is apreciated, hope all is well in Chrch, coming in August for a look round.
Cool, make sure you get in touch and we will do all we can to help.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
When you get your permanent residency permit stamped in your passport it should read -:

The holder may travel to NZ and on application may be granted a residence permit.
Conditions: The permit issued pursuant to this visa will be subject to requirements imposed under s18Aof the Immigration Act 1987. Holder must take up employment within 3 months of the grant of the first residence permit and remain in that employment for a period of at least 3 months.

So basically it means when you get here you need to be in a job within 3 months and then STAY in that job for 3 months...you have then fulfilled the conditions of residency...

Hope that clears it up for you.
Sue
Hi Sue
I know that your comment is in specific relation to the 3 month thingy but just wanted to say that not all PR's are given with the above condition - we got PR without job offers and it was completely unconditional.
Vicki
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:24 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Sue
I know that your comment is in specific relation to the 3 month thingy but just wanted to say that not all PR's are given with the above condition - we got PR without job offers and it was completely unconditional.
Vicki
Cheers Vicki,
Yeah I should have mentioned that, but as the guy is coming out on the same visa as us, I assume his would say the same.
Sue
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:13 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Originally Posted by Delsonk9
Thanks for your sarcy comments, i was under the impression we could only get either, permanent residency or work to residency the latter being given to people who need registration for their job or they dont have a job to go to. done lots of research and am visiting beforehand which if more did there may not be so many unhappy people.
Sarcy!
Come here for a 2 week holiday and then base the rest of your life on it....good idea. Hope you dont spend too much on your vacation because you may need it later. You will love NZ in that time and you will then be on your way back here for good .
Thanks for the charming personal message by the way. As for where he worked ....way off the mark but I know personally who you thought he was.
Being touchy over here doesnt work either