British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Prison Officers - Where are You? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/prison-officers-where-you-368985/)

Lenny the Lion Apr 21st 2006 7:41 pm

Prison Officers - Where are You?

Well I have been in NZ over 3 months now and this is the first time I have been back on this forum and it seems that most or all of the staff from the UK have gone stangely quiet. Whats happening?

Power Apr 21st 2006 8:02 pm

Re: Prison Officers - Where are You?

Probably too skint for internet access.

MV5555 Apr 21st 2006 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
Well I have been in NZ over 3 months now and this is the first time I have been back on this forum and it seems that most or all of the staff from the UK have gone stangely quiet. Whats happening?

Hi Lenny how you getting on . Im flying in may 22nd start work june 5th .....will be in wellington 12th then settling in Hamilton :cool:

Andrew Cross Apr 21st 2006 11:56 pm

Still here mate, we are in Christchurch....
Just working away to earn a crust !
Where did you settle ?? How are you getting on, and are you still in the Service ?

Den13 Apr 22nd 2006 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Power

Nah, Probably sick of k***s like you telling them it can't be done. :zzz:

MV5555 Apr 22nd 2006 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Den13

:D

Andrew Cross Apr 22nd 2006 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Den13

:D :D

Lenny the Lion Apr 22nd 2006 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by MV5555
Hi Lenny how you getting on . Im flying in may 22nd start work june 5th .....will be in wellington 12th then settling in Hamilton :cool:

Good luck mate you will be OK,
The food at the college is good if nothing else, but very boring, all stuff that you already know. Just wake up in the class when a tutor says this is a need to know. :zzz: :confused: :zzz:
I know 3 staff that are going to Waikeria if that is how you spell it and they are all good people. Buy yourself a Chiefs rugby top and you be accepted by the locals. :beer:

TC68 Apr 24th 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks for the tips Lenny, I've been asking a lad who is just finishing the course a lot of questions and all I get back is it's awesome :D and the course is a ****-up ;) I fly out on 21 may :scared: and am just sorting out the minor details such as house sale, container, baggage allowence and car sale :eek: On arrival first item to buy is a cheifs top second is a pint, third is another pint, forth, another pint.... I think you get the my drift.

MV5555 Apr 24th 2006 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
Good luck mate you will be OK,
The food at the college is good if nothing else, but very boring, all stuff that you already know. Just wake up in the class when a tutor says this is a need to know. :zzz: :confused: :zzz:
I know 3 staff that are going to Waikeria if that is how you spell it and they are all good people. Buy yourself a Chiefs rugby top and you be accepted by the locals. :beer:

thats more the tip lenny chiefs top now ordered lol :beer: :beer:

Lenny the Lion Apr 25th 2006 2:01 am

Good luck with all the MINOR DETAILS! :D Cant help with the house sale but haggle over the price with several shipping companies who will do anything to get your business- it all goes on the same ship with whoever you use ;) , fly with Air NZ via LA and get 64 kgs allowance each and you try carrying that thru heathrow :scared: . When you arrive dont be frustrated with the weather; you are arriving in the NZ winter but believe me the weather overall is HEAPS (widely used kiwi word) better than the UK especially in the mid to north of the North Island.
As for the :beer: join your local cossie club....dont ask, you will find out when you get here :)

livewire Apr 25th 2006 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Power

Or maybe they're just too busy having a life and getting on with things? :)

Power Apr 25th 2006 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by livewire
Or maybe they're just too busy having a life and getting on with things? :)

What? like you you mean? :confused:

livewire Apr 25th 2006 10:27 pm

There's no need to be rude love.

Give them a break, what harm have they ever done to you?

livewire Apr 25th 2006 10:44 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...59#post3452459

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...55#post2975155

Give it a rest Debs :rolleyes: I thought you were banned on here, -I hope Sky isn't using your log in too.

I'm going to add you to my ignore list so I won't have to read any more of this nonsense. Grow up.