Plumber advice

Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Plumber advice

Originally Posted by DougandZoe
Thanks, your a star

Be good to try and get a abit of a head start, no matter when we decide to make the move.
I know mate. We did the exact same thing. It's also good in a way as you feel you are doing something positive whilst waiting to come out to NZ.

I'll sort an up to date reading list in the next couple of days.

I know the posts about recession and jobs thin on the ground may be a bit daunting at the moment so I'll tell you that the firm my husband works for just took on one NZ registered plumber & one adult apprentice again last week. New builds are on the up after a year in the complete doldrums. So it's not all doom and gloom on the job front.

We live just outside of Nelson City in a seaside village. Husband commutes to the trade jobs of course . They could be in Nelson , the suburbs or surrounds . The jobs could be out in the sticks. The company he works for operates within the suburbs 10 minutes from Nelson . Around 20 minutes from home.

I would suspect it would be the same for Wellington and surrounds too.

Good areas . Close to the coast. Great little cities.

Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Craftsman
A few years ago plumbers like electricians were rarer than hen's teeth! especially in the rural areas, The recession God Bless it, caused a complete change around and in my case I now have electricians applying for work, where before we couldn't get any and had to take overseas tradesmen........

cheers
That's so interesting. Could you maybe start another thread detailing the process for overseas electricians wanting to work in NZ & what NZIS & the EWRB required of you as the NZ employer.
Would be so helpful.
Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

DougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really niceDougandZoe is just really nice

[QUOTE][QUOTE=BEVS;8402453]I know mate. We did the exact same thing. It's also good in a way as you feel you are doing something positive whilst waiting to come out to NZ.

I'll sort an up to date reading list in the next couple of days.

I know the posts about recession and jobs thin on the ground may be a bit daunting at the moment so I'll tell you that the firm my husband works for just took on one NZ registered plumber & one adult apprentice again last week. New builds are on the up after a year in the complete doldrums. So it's not all doom and gloom on the job front.

We live just outside of Nelson City in a seaside village. Husband commutes to the trade jobs of course . They could be in Nelson , the suburbs or surrounds . The jobs could be out in the sticks. The company he works for operates within the suburbs 10 minutes from Nelson . Around 20 minutes from home.

I would suspect it would be the same for Wellington and surrounds too.

Good areas . Close to the coast. Great little cities.

Well its nice to hear a little good news.
Does seem a little daunting as you said, but to be honest its no different here on the jobs front so you just have to stay positive and it'll come good well atleast.

As iv'e said already Wellington & Nelson are both areas were keen to look at. Good to know there GREAT.

Thanks again for all the help so far