Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Peter Bills- Cost of Living

Peter Bills- Cost of Living

Old May 20th 2011, 12:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Peter Bills- Cost of Living

Originally Posted by Howick
You're right, it's not up to me. If it was, your tired & repetitive tripe would have been given the boot a long time ago. There is nothing new or informative in what you say.

....and then you go & contradict yourself. Do yourself a favour & have another look at all your 'happy clappy' Aussie postings, espousing the various merits of wonderful Melbourne. Ever considered the fact that Melbourne is actually a very expensive place to purchase real estate in? Ever considered that the weather in Melbourne in July, makes Inverness's climate look like Honululu. Ever considered the fact that more Australian's than ever are now living below the poverty line. Melbourne & culture? Funny that, the only people who have ever told me that have been, er....people from Melbourne.

You have about as much balance as Donald Rumsfeld.

Buzzy Bee- how about Bumble Bee?

You are most amusing.

BB
Old May 20th 2011, 1:31 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Bills- Cost of Living

Originally Posted by Howick
You're right, it's not up to me. If it was, your tired & repetitive tripe would have been given the boot a long time ago. There is nothing new or informative in what you say.

....and then you go & contradict yourself. Do yourself a favour & have another look at all your 'happy clappy' Aussie postings, espousing the various merits of wonderful Melbourne. Ever considered the fact that Melbourne is actually a very expensive place to purchase real estate in? Ever considered that the weather in Melbourne in July, makes Inverness's climate look like Honululu. Ever considered the fact that more Australian's than ever are now living below the poverty line. Melbourne & culture? Funny that, the only people who have ever told me that have been, er....people from Melbourne.

You have about as much balance as Donald Rumsfeld.

Buzzy Bee- how about Bumble Bee?
Just to recap ..... thanks
Old May 20th 2011, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue
Just to recap ..... thanks

Howick started it
Old May 20th 2011, 9:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leither
Howick started it
Right. Principal's Office ...
Old May 20th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Right. Principal's Office ...
Old May 20th 2011, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Leither I wouldn't get too excited about what a rugby journo writes (or anyone else for that matter) that's negative about your country.

I read it all the time about NZ. It is usually based on tunnel vision.

Seems to me that was the reason for Howick's challenge.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Leither I wouldn't get too excited about what a rugby journo writes (or anyone else for that matter) that's negative about your country.

I read it all the time about NZ. It is usually based on tunnel vision.

Seems to me that was the reason for Howick's challenge.
I know, it's silly to get worked up about it. I'm sure if Peter Bills had really tried he could have found a more expensive glass of wine. However, when he is aiming his article at tourists why should they be interested in Council Tax, especially when the guy states that it used to be £300 a year?

The man is obviosly a buffoon and should stick to rugby. He might even be able to get some facts correct that way.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:25 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The man is obviosly a buffoon and should stick to rugby. He might even be able to get some facts correct that way.
Now, I can help you with that ... RUGBY ...

A bunch of grown men chase an egg shaped ball around whilst mud wrestling, it can be most amusing. This year lots of countries are going to be playing against each other here in New Zealand. The NZ team are called the Fit As Blacks ...

Oooo, I feel a column coming on.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Default NZ Cost of Living

I dont think I will worry to much about it......add solar panels and a little marine turbine and you dont need to be on the grid....store your secondary water and get a veggie patch and a few reeds and you will be laughing. Might even run the car on oil from the chip pan...........its a land of invention....cheers.....john