Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Jun 28th 2013, 5:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Bugger
I read your first post and that sounded like something was finally being done - despite getting a 'visit' from the hippo that lives next door...

Then I read yesterday's post and it's still going on. Hopefully if they've bought new stuff, noise control will just keep confiscating it until it finally sinks in that they're inconsiderate, anti social, selfish wastes of oxygen
I suspect it will take a long time for this to happen though
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Probably went to a pawn shop and bought something cheap or simply used someone else's ipod . Don't know.

Was still going at 5 a.m. In fact a group of young 20's something male and females are still at it somewhat now as I type . Midday. Two are part of the family that own the property.

Been a lovely morning so far. There is a large dog roaming off the lead. It has chased their sheep

One loud taunt has been.
"Go and attack the neighbour ,hopefully killing her"
of course there is the more usual
"f off back to your own country"

We are having a meeting with the local police on Monday.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

hope you have recorded those threats
Old Jun 29th 2013, 1:14 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
hope you have recorded those threats
Yeah... I hope so too
Old Jun 29th 2013, 2:15 am
`

I've written them down. Nothing to hand to record .
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:20 am
`

Update for my thread and log.

We spoke with a community police officer a couple of weeks back to further air our 'concerns' and highlight the noise and anti-social behaviour history of both the poxy pub and the scumbag neighbours.

Per our monthly community newsletter, a man was given a pre-charge warning following a drugs raid. Per village gossip this was the poxy pub landlord & owner.

At the weekend the public notice ref sale of liquor license for the poxy pub appeared in the local paper.

Today I have written & posted our official objection. It has taken hours as the over-riding urge from my brain to my fingers to simply type such words and phrases as scumbags ; poxy, shit-face barstewards ; lowlife , worse than cesspit slime, kept clouding the well-balanced and upright objection I wished to present.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:31 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

We spoke with a community police officer a couple of weeks back to further air our 'concerns' and highlight the noise and anti-social behaviour history of both the poxy pub and the scumbag neighbours.

Per our monthly community newsletter, a man was given a pre-charge warning following a drugs raid. Per village gossip this was the poxy pub landlord & owner.

At the weekend the public notice ref sale of liquor license for the poxy pub appeared in the local paper.

Today I have written & posted our official objection. It has taken hours as the over-riding urge from my brain to my fingers to simply type such words and phrases as scumbags ; poxy, shit-face barstewards ; lowlife , worse than cesspit slime, kept clouding the well-balanced and upright objection I wished to present.
Good luck.... who actually drinks in this pub?
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:01 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

do you have notes of all the complaints to the police you have made to list in your lovely worded formal complaint letter?
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Bevs, this has gone on long enough
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:06 pm
Are we there yet?

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Good luck.... who actually drinks in this pub?
This was a serious question.... is it locals? do people drive to it? is it popular?
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:35 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

If the liquor license is up for sale, why don't you buy it and turn it into a nice village pub?
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:46 pm
`

Yes. Everything has been logged over the years.

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
This was a serious question.... is it locals? do people drive to it? is it popular?
Bit complicated to answer simply. The village is the type of place people come to for weekend outings and holidays. So, anyone and everyone might use it .

Some locals will use it and some wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

No idea how popular it is against the other similar premises around the village.

The owner had two altercations a couple of weeks ago. One with his own chef. Both ,apparently , in front of customers. Depends what type of customers were in as to whether or not they were horrified or found it amusing.

Saturday afternoon families picking up a pizza after sports or village visit may have been horrified.
Bunch of bar flies there for a Sunday afternoon session may have found it fun.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:48 pm
Are we there yet?

Yes. Everything has been logged over the years.

Bit complicated to answer simply. The village is the type of place people come to for weekend outings and holidays. So, anyone and everyone might use it .

Some locals will use it and some wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

No idea how popular it is against the other similar premises around the village.

The owner had two altercations a couple of weeks ago. One with his own chef. Both ,apparently , in front of customers. Depends what type of customers were in as to whether or not they were horrified or found it amusing.

Saturday afternoon families picking up a pizza after sports or village visit may have been horrified.
Bunch of bar flies there for a Sunday afternoon session may have found it fun.
They sure sound like scum bags.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

How many other residents are affected by the noise? And how many of those support your concerns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.