Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OMG!! British girl murdered on WHV

OMG!! British girl murdered on WHV

Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:25 pm
Banned

pioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nice
Default Re: OMG!! British girl murdered on WHV

Hey Nerine , I love New Zealand so dont speak so much waffle when you sitting on the Gold Coast of Australia because New Zealand dont want you.

Please remind all those British Expats over here I have meet who are also Volunteers for their community and doing a little bit for the country in roles they may never have undertaken in the UK. Roles that they do for no financial gain and have to deal with the stresses of peoples misfortune the worst being lose of life. In tha last 6 months I have seen 5 people die and removed their corpses now dare tell me I or them is doing nothing for New Zealand.

Last edited by pioneer7; Jan 19th 2008 at 8:38 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine
.......tough mate. The people who matter know, that's good enough for me.

Beats being just another dollop of handcart axle grease

Were you trying to get work as a politician..............

With your complete inability to answer a question, however often its asked, (not just in this thread) you'd undoubtedly get a post with Hazel Blears UK office.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice

Originally Posted by luvwelly
This thread is getting a bit nasty i.m.v, Nerine is entitled to her opinion and I don't see what is negative about suggesting people volunteer in their local community to make life better all round (I think the first one being a bereavement counsellor was sheer fluke). I appreciate most posters probably have very little free time but it is a worthy aspiration nonetheless.
Nerine seems to post in most threads on the NZ boards with the pretence of helpfulness yet her posts always have an undercurrent of negativity, sarcasm, or are taking a jab at NZ. In short, she seems to be on the NZ board simply to stir.
Reading one post or thread wont show this, but threads over the weeks/months do.
No doubt this will be denied. But at the end of the day, if thats what makes her happy .
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by misterjingo
Nerine seems to post in most threads on the NZ boards with the pretence of helpfulness yet her posts always have an undercurrent of negativity, sarcasm, or are taking a jab at NZ. In short, she seems to be on the NZ board simply to stir.
Reading one post or thread wont show this, but threads over the weeks/months do.
No doubt this will be denied. But at the end of the day, if thats what makes her happy .
sure there is a negitive thread for that. sounds like she needs to either get out more or get laid more
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiges33
sure there is a negitive thread for that. sounds like she needs to either get out more or get laid more
From what I have seen Nerine spent around two years in NZ and has been in Aus less than a year which hardly makes her own personal experience an expert opinion even when backed up by heavily weighted links to jusitfy her opinion. If I am wrong I am sure she will correct me.....

Meanwhile back to far more important issues than Nerine's angst about all things Kiwi.

My thoughts are with the family. Such a sad end to a young life in a part of the world she loved and felt safe in.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

that is disgusting. How dare you say that about another poster on this forum?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pioneer7
Hey Nerine , I love New Zealand so dont speak so much waffle when you sitting on the Gold Coast of Australia because New Zealand dont want you.

Please remind all those British Expats over here I have meet who are also Volunteers for their community and doing a little bit for the country in roles they may never have undertaken in the UK. Roles that they do for no financial gain and have to deal with the stresses of peoples misfortune the worst being lose of life. In tha last 6 months I have seen 5 people die and removed their corpses now dare tell me I or them is doing nothing for New Zealand.

I don't think she was daring to tell you anything..... she was actually providing links and ideas on where people who were happy to 'put up and shut up' with ways to change the negative areas of NZ.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:52 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

unsubscribing from post

just the kinda thread that put me off visiting this BE forum for around 6months last year.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lexylou
that is disgusting. How dare you say that about another poster on this forum?
first. for you sorry if you was offended.

second. would have thought a sense of humour was required sometimes when reading the threads.

again sorry if you was offended.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

first. for you sorry if you was offended.

second. would have thought a sense of humour was required sometimes when reading the threads.

again sorry if you was offended.
We can all see the humour...it's the effect the humour has on the person it is aimed at which some of us find offensive on a forum which is supposed to be constructive and supportive.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
From what I have seen Nerine spent around two years in NZ and has been in Aus less than a year which hardly makes her own personal experience an expert opinion
Two years living in any country is long enough in my view to hold a valid opinion which could be of value to people who have never set foot there before and who are thinking about emigrating......definitely more use than what NZIS tells you (and I am happy here by the way)...who among us is ever an expert on any country?

This forum is about people sharing their experiences which will all be different - what some of us are not comfortable with, is it descending into personal attacks and insults..if you think Nerine is simply out to antagonise for her own amusement then don't respond to her posts.
Personally I'm happy to hear from people who have experienced NZ and chosen to move on.
I'm actually in a very positive phase on NZ as my recent holiday touring North Island really did make the place seem like paradise...but this murder and similar reminds me it actually isn't...just like anywhere....except maybe Orkney where the poor girl came from.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luvwelly
We can all see the humour...it's the effect the humour has on the person it is aimed at which some of us find offensive on a forum which is supposed to be constructive and supportive.

right just for you. nerine im sorry if you was offended and to anyone else who may or may not feel offended. happy
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

OMG...... how could you make such a comment... etc etc

Is the comment really 'offensive'.........?

Best some go back and read previous 'Nerine' posts.... if a person is willing to dish out snide comments then they will need to expect a few thrown back at them now and again. Saying that if she's truly 'feeling at home' in her latest country of choice the ability to accept sarcasm may well have been removed by now so she's the same as most of the locals.

'get laid more'.......... i promise to do my very best not to laugh......

Last edited by teambwr47; Jan 19th 2008 at 10:21 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

right just for you. nerine im sorry if you was offended and to anyone else who may or may not feel offended. happy
If you are going to apologise in an insincere way, then please do not bother....you remind me of my 8 year old saying sorry to his younger brother ....!

I will now also deregister from the thread along with Dreamfish. It's a sunny day and I have better things to do.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:55 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

What's with the personal attacks?

I think some people wouldn't know constructive criticism if it came up and bit them on the nose .

I've obviously touched a nerve here by postulating the theory that migrant inertia (for making their host country a more pleasant place to live) and their being too willing to accept the status quo, is in fact hastening the country's decline. They could, in actual fact, be quite a force for change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.