Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OMG!! British girl murdered on WHV

Wikiposts

OMG!! British girl murdered on WHV

Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:52 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OMG!! British girl murdered on WHV

Happy NZ - don't like the "useless judges"? so become a JP or community magistrate don't just moan about it!

Migrants expedite the decline of a country when they come into it and accept things as they are, rather than trying their best to change it for the better. Adopting a "it's worse where I came from" attitude doesn't do anything to help. The higher the % of like minded migrants in a population the more complacent it becomes.

Where are the people with a vested interest in NZ ? Who gives anything back?

Migrants could be the most vociferous section of the community, make their feelings known in so many ways and give something back to a country which they want to call their home. It's a democracy isn't it - stand for election, write to the mayor, get involved with neighbourhood support, volunteer for victim support when you're not too busy enjoying the lifestyle, or patting yourself on the back for having left the woes of the world behind in the UK.

And what have I done about it? ......... plenty. There is more to life than writing platitudes on a forum everytime a violent crime hits the headlines.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Plenty of us do actually like it here, accept all the problems the country has and get on with life.
What an excellent example.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
exellent!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:21 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

And what have I done about it? ......... plenty.
Go ahead. Toot your own horn. What did you do that made the streets of the North Shore safer?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Gosh a glimmer of a sense of humour............. don't show it in OZ they'll admit you to hospital and surgically remove it.

At the same time they'll implant the pre-requisite OZ 'head up your own arse' codes.........

So what exactly, rather than just 'plenty', did you do about all the social and crime issues you supposedly witnessed here in New Zealand other than sit on your arse and moan about things until the thought of moving to OZ sunk in......... or became visible?

Last edited by teambwr47; Jan 19th 2008 at 12:39 am.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:40 am

As opposed to just sitting on my arse and 'accepting all the problems the country has' you mean?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

As opposed to just sitting on my arse and 'accepting all the problems the country has' you mean?

Yes...............

Now, if you wish to you could answer the question you've twice been asked........

I've no intention of tackling any issues here at all..... did it in another country for many years, enjoyed the time spent doing it and no longer have to.

The issues are now for someone else to get paid to tackle, be that politicians, police officers or whoever.

I'll more than happily leave it to them and enjoy the lifestyle thanks....... the more sitting on my arse with a beer in the sun i can do the better.

As ever with your posts you avoid direct questions............

Last edited by teambwr47; Jan 19th 2008 at 12:55 am.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:55 am

.......tough mate. The people who matter know, that's good enough for me.

Beats being just another dollop of handcart axle grease
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=niseysOH;5809673]

Get over New Zealand and your experience...... you didn't like, we get the message!

QUOTE]

Nerine, ive not been looking/posting on this site for long, tbh i seem to get the same impression as niseysoh as to your frustration.
Im all for personal experiences, thats why i refer to this site but you do seem to want to slate nz a bit too much. I favour nz more than Aus, but im sure im not gonna slate Aus as the people there do love the life they have there just as people in nz do. Chill out my friend, after all thats why you moved there in the 1st place yes..

Last edited by Wessa; Jan 19th 2008 at 1:18 am.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:31 am

Chill out? You don't know how hot it is here at the moment.

If anyone wants to actually help to make NZ a nicer, safer, brighter place and feels like giving something back to a country that has been good enough to provide them with a home this could be a good start

Perhaps something positive could then come out of yet another senseless murder.

Last edited by Nerine; Jan 19th 2008 at 1:34 am.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Chill out? You don't know how hot it is here at the moment.

If anyone wants to actually help to make NZ a nicer, safer, brighter place and feels like giving something back to a country that has been good enough to provide them with a home this could be a good start

Perhaps something positive could then come out of yet another senseless murder.
oh you are a star. just out of curo i clicked your link. and this is the first one in the list.

HOME | YOUNG SENIORS | BENEFITS | VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES | REGISTER | ABOUT | CONTACT US

BEREAVEMENT VOLUNTEER, Canterbury

very apt i thought since this thread started out about a young girl who was murdered. or do you just have a sick sence of humour
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

oh nearly forgot. i had actually checked out that interview with ross kemp. its on utube. and it does make scary viewing as i am sure you dont normally see idiots trying to hack each other to pieces in front of joe public in the uk
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I do wonder why you bother posting here Nerine .. you're so negative! Why don't you try to get a more positive life somewhere else?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
I do wonder why you bother posting here Nerine .. you're so negative! Why don't you try to get a more positive life somewhere else?
This thread is getting a bit nasty i.m.v, Nerine is entitled to her opinion and I don't see what is negative about suggesting people volunteer in their local community to make life better all round (I think the first one being a bereavement counsellor was sheer fluke). I appreciate most posters probably have very little free time but it is a worthy aspiration nonetheless.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:22 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

.......tough mate. The people who matter know, that's good enough for me.
I'm calling BS on that claim then. Zero evidence offered after being asked twice? Three times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.